Beth/ Paris Heart

Exemption record for Non Military service

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Where can I obtain a certified copy of my husbands Exemption record for Non Military service in Algeria?? He is Algerian.

He is living in Paris France on a student visa, is this something maybe the Algerian embassy in Paris can issue to him?

He has a passport type book of his exemption for military service, but I dont want to send that to the NVC and they forward to U.S. Embassy France and it gets lost.

Please help.

Thank you,

Beth

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Beth -

Sorry I dont have an answer for you but I am curious to know if this is something required?

I have never heard of this being necessary before .. please advise.

Thanks

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Beth -

Sorry I dont have an answer for you but I am curious to know if this is something required?

I have never heard of this being necessary before .. please advise.

Thanks

Malarie

YES, I need it for the NVC and also states in the U.S. Embassy Paris Interview Preparation Instructions that "

MILITARY RECORDS: PERSONS WHO HAVE SERVED IN THE MILITARY FORCES OF ANY COUNTRY MUST PROVIDE AN ORIGIANL COPY OF THEIR MILITARY RECORD. IF EXEMPTED FROM MILITARY SERVICE, THE APPLICANT SHOULD ALSO PROVIDE A ORIGINAL COPY OF HTE EXEMPTION RECORD.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Algerians need it. What you have though might suffice. If everything is sent express and is signed, i doubt it will get lost.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Algerians need it. What you have though might suffice. If everything is sent express and is signed, i doubt it will get lost.

Yeah guess I will tell hubby to send to me, he will not be happy, UGH!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I would think a photo copy of it would do for NVC. Have him scan it and send a copy to you to print out. We did K-1 which I'm sure is much different, but Hachemi had to bring the original military exemption card to the embassy for the interview. I would be afraid to send the original. If it gets lost, my husband says it is very difficult to get a new one.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I would think a photo copy of it would do for NVC. Have him scan it and send a copy to you to print out. We did K-1 which I'm sure is much different, but Hachemi had to bring the original military exemption card to the embassy for the interview. I would be afraid to send the original. If it gets lost, my husband says it is very difficult to get a new one.

Meriem (F)

This is what Ahmed and I are afraid of too. Between us we have only two original marraige certificates (they are hand written in Egypt). And Beth, Ahmed was also exempt from the military. He has the original paper saying he was exempt in addition to it being stamped in him passport. So if it was lost it, well like Meriem said it would be difficult to get a new one. Plus, I have heard horror stories about the embassy in Cairo with losing things....sigh, I just don't know what to do.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Maybe your husband can do a copy and go to a notary with copy and original and get the copy (or 2) certified.

If notary can't do it he might tell him how to do it.

Edited by Frenchwife

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.