amysaid

Happy Thursday

96 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Bridget, hey girl, I know exactly how you are feeling and yes, that is exactly what happened to my husband when he went home. They didn't want to let him come back and he was begged and pleaded with and you can't only imagine. He is leaving 8/31 to go back until 10/9 ,when is Usama leaving?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I just got back from Egypt last night. rs on DHL.

Sandra were we on the same Delta flight that leaves at 1:30 am back from Cairo? :blink:

I'm back now. I got home at 2:30 pm in Boise. Passed out presents, shared the wedding video and pictures, and pictures of the trip, took a shower, and went to sleep at 7:00 pm and slept until the 10:00 am the next morning. I was and am still so tired.

I got a text message today that Waleed sent in packet 3 finally with a self addressed return envelope to make sure they send the interview letter to his clinic in Hurghada.

I also want to tell every Wife married to an Egyptian that you never have to buy another visa again for Egypt. From my personal experience it is certain now that upon entry you show them your marriage papers and they stamp you for one month with a residency visa and you pay nothing. We went to the immigration office three time at three place each telling us unless I wanted Egyptian Citizenship we don't have to pay for a residency visa all I have to do is show my marriage papers. Upon leaving I showed them my marriage papers again and they stamped my passport with a departure visa that says Wife of an Egyptian and I payed absolutely nothing. It's a piece of cake! No one ever has to buy a tourist visa ever again if you just show them your marriage papers.

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

I just got back from Egypt last night. rs on DHL.

Sandra were we on the same Delta flight that leaves at 1:30 am back from Cairo? :blink:

I'm back now. I got home at 2:30 pm in Boise. Passed out presents, shared the wedding video and pictures, and pictures of the trip, took a shower, and went to sleep at 7:00 pm and slept until the 10:00 am the next morning. I was and am still so tired.

I got a text message today that Waleed sent in packet 3 finally with a self addressed return envelope to make sure they send the interview letter to his clinic in Hurghada.

I also want to tell every Wife married to an Egyptian that you never have to buy another visa again for Egypt. From my personal experience it is certain now that upon entry you show them your marriage papers and they stamp you for one month with a residency visa and you pay nothing. We went to the immigration office three time at three place each telling us unless I wanted Egyptian Citizenship we don't have to pay for a residency visa all I have to do is show my marriage papers. Upon leaving I showed them my marriage papers again and they stamped my passport with a departure visa that says Wife of an Egyptian and I payed absolutely nothing. It's a piece of cake! No one ever has to buy a tourist visa ever again if you just show them your marriage papers.

Hmmmm that is interesting Olivia...wonder if that works elsewhere..like Jordan. That would be awesome! Good to hear you had a safe trip home. It took me 3 months to get back on the right time zone when I got back from Jordan. I hope you get rested & ignore then my question on the MENA thread if you are still in Egypt or back yet. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Good day MENA! So glad tomorrow will be Friday. I am getting so ansy about getting my NVC case number. I wish they would HURRY UP!

Anyhow Sweet Peach, I can't read Arabic well. I tried and tried and well with the little I can read (a first grade level I'm sure), I was proud to say I think I read Amanda and Hassan? Is that correct?

Okay all, have a great day everyone!

You are correct.

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Welcome back Olivia.

I was surprised to hear you were coming back cuz you said you were going there to live and wait out the visa process.

What prompted you to come back so prematurely? I guess after having been ill there you are a little relieved to be back?

How neat if you and Sandra were on the same flight :P

Timeline
Hmmmm that is interesting Olivia...wonder if that works elsewhere..like Jordan. That would be awesome! Good to hear you had a safe trip home. It took me 3 months to get back on the right time zone when I got back from Jordan. I hope you get rested & ignore then my question on the MENA thread if you are still in Egypt or back yet. :)

Awe :blush:

hey everyone! nice to see you made it home olivia.....today's my last day of college and I am done...now we will be moving and looking for jobs :)

Thx hon and congrats on graduation! :thumbs:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Welcome back Olivia.

I was surprised to hear you were coming back cuz you said you were going there to live and wait out the visa process.

What prompted you to come back so prematurely? I guess after having been ill there you are a little relieved to be back?

We discussed it and decided the most practically thing was for me to come back on my return ticket instead of working to buy a new one. I am really happy to be back. I lost 22 lbs. while there because I couldn't stomach the food there much and now being back I can finally eat the food again.

I wonder if Sandra and I were on the same flight but I think she flew in and out of Hurghada if I remember correct. That would make me sad if she was on the Cairo flight and I missed her.

Ok gotta go now and get ready. Grandma is coming over for the scoop. :lol:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Welcome back Olivia.

Well I was on the KLM flight to Amsterdam then to Houston. Sandrila my husbands brother in law is the one working in Dubai, he picked me up in Cairo because Ahmed had to go back to the camp. Oliva glad you made it back, I will have to post some pix also from Hurghada, you all can find me on facebook if you want to add me, I know Olivia has it, but Sandrila if you want to add me or any one else feel free its under Sandra Massoud or Sandra Dunn. Now off to work I go. yeah.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome back Olivia and Sandra! Good to have u both back safe and sound!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Olivia, glad you made it home safe. Sorry we never got to meet up while you were here.

Hope the rest of the process goes quickly for you both.

Talking about the visa - you just mean for a visitor visa right? You were saying residency visa in your post, which is different than a one month tourist visa.

We got a 3 months stamp, actually she put it down for 4 months, but I have to go in the next month or so to get the 2+ year residency visa.

ak3, I meant to tell you congrats on the speeches :dance:

Must feel nice to have that all over and done with.

Anyone else addicted to Farkle on facebook? :lol:

It's my new thing I guess. :D

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Timeline
Bridget, hey girl, I know exactly how you are feeling and yes, that is exactly what happened to my husband when he went home. They didn't want to let him come back and he was begged and pleaded with and you can't only imagine. He is leaving 8/31 to go back until 10/9 ,when is Usama leaving?

Are you freakin' kidding me????? I was kidding! What excuse did they give for not wanting to let him back in? :blink::blink::blink:

We buy the tickets tonight but the plan is for him to leave on 9/10 and come back 9/26. Not too long of a trip since he has to get back to work but long enough to get his fix and to celebrate Eid. His stamp on the passport says it's good for two years and the two years are up on Apr 11, 2010 so hopefully it'll all work out.

Now I'm scared! I'm no Reese Witherspoon but you bet your patootie I'll make quite the fuss if anything remotely similar happens to my habibi! :angry:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
Welcome back Olivia.

Well I was on the KLM flight to Amsterdam then to Houston. Sandrila my husbands brother in law is the one working in Dubai, he picked me up in Cairo because Ahmed had to go back to the camp. Oliva glad you made it back, I will have to post some pix also from Hurghada, you all can find me on facebook if you want to add me, I know Olivia has it, but Sandrila if you want to add me or any one else feel free its under Sandra Massoud or Sandra Dunn. Now off to work I go. yeah.

My husband and I want to go to Amsterdam so bad! We watched a travel channel episode (i forget the woman's name but she used to be on the Champion window commercials) where this woman went to Amsterdam and she stayed on a houseboat. The houseboat was very flat compared to the taller ones you see here and it just looked so cozy and romantic!!! How is KLM as an airline? Hubby is probably going Delta but we'll look tonight to see what other options are out there. The flight we looked at last night goes from Boston to NYC and then from NYC to Cairo so no layovers other than NYC. It said it would be on a Delta plane but I wonder if it's really EgyptAir.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.