bowflex

Favorite Things About Where You Live(d)?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

True dat I know what you mean.

I only hate 99% of things that its that 1% of hope that gets me up in the morning. :D

Totally joking there... it's more like 97%. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Victoria BC: -The multi-cultural food, especially the amazing east indian and thai restaurants. Pubs galore with yummy food and good prices. The multi-culturalism in general. The awesome transportation system which meant you could walk or bus pretty much anywhere you wanted to go. The variety of cute/quaint mom and pop type stores. China town! The Boardwalk which it's gorgeous view of the inner harbor while walking to and from work. The Empress hotel. The Parliament buildings with their 2000 or so lights surrounding the outside of the building glowing at night.

It's more like...what don't I miss about Victoria/Canada?

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Victoria BC: -The multi-cultural food, especially the amazing east indian and thai restaurants. Pubs galore with yummy food and good prices. The multi-culturalism in general. The awesome transportation system which meant you could walk or bus pretty much anywhere you wanted to go. The variety of cute/quaint mom and pop type stores. China town! The Boardwalk which it's gorgeous view of the inner harbor while walking to and from work. The Empress hotel. The Parliament buildings with their 2000 or so lights surrounding the outside of the building glowing at night.

How about needing to ride a ferry in order to get off Vancouver Island? :P

I really like Victoria. In fact, I like it a lot more than Vancouver. I just dislike the idea of needing a ferry to get back to the mainland.

Timeline
You don't need a ferry... you can always ride back on a whale... or something.

That would be awesome.

I loved the ferry ride from Vancouver Island to Vancouver...

Oh, it's a very nice ferry ride, but I get restless sitting for that long. Plus I hate all the a$$holes who go rushing through the ship in order to eat at the cafeteria (which, for some reason or another, never accept debit or credit).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I really like Victoria. In fact, I like it a lot more than Vancouver. I just dislike the idea of needing a ferry to get back to the mainland.

Well you could hop on a plane..if you like insane turbelence and enough bumping up and down of the aircraft that you have to get drunk in order to escape the fear of dying. I've always liked the ferry though...so peaceful and relaxing and if you're on there during the morning hours, they have a yummy breakfast at one of their restaurants.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Montreal, QC - The diverse culture of Quebec, all the delicious foods this province has to offer. Lots of beauty in this province too, and great skiing

Oakville, ON - Being so close to the Lake, going for walks around Bronte Harbour and all the wonderful trails to go hiking at. The little shops in downtown Oakville. Also being near Toronto and enjoying all the ethnic food

Philly, PA - Proximity to NYC, Jersey Shore, great shopping. I'm sure over the years I'll learn to love more about this city but I haven't been here long enough yet

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Well you could hop on a plane..if you like insane turbelence and enough bumping up and down of the aircraft that you have to get drunk in order to escape the fear of dying. I've always liked the ferry though...so peaceful and relaxing and if you're on there during the morning hours, they have a yummy breakfast at one of their restaurants.

Tofino Air isn't so bad. The flight takes all of 15 minutes, but the plane is unbelievably cramped. I'd rather take a ferry than that.

(note: having renounced Canuck citizenship last year, ....)

Calgary, AB:

• promenades (walk/bike paths) along Bow River
  • lovely scenery (Rockies visible on clear days from many parts of city, including airport, on clear day)
  • nice view of (distant) downtown from airport
  • easily-navigable downtown area
  • many nice restaurants of multiple ethnicities

(metro) Atlanta, GA:

• easy connection (road) to parts of FL, TN, AL, NC, SC
  • some lovely sceneries
  • good church
  • reasonably-priced accomodations (plus availability of gas-cooking/heating)

Memphis:

• reasonably-priced accomodations
  • no state income tax

(metro) Dallas:

• as with Memphis, but sales tax lower (and not imposed on groceries)
  • church where pastor understood (albeit had no solution/nonsolution for) issue I was going through when I phoned from a distance

Metro DC/Balto:

• some beautiful scenery (such as GW Parkway, just south of Potomac)
  • excellent prayer-oriented Indian church

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Toronto, ON: the multiculturalism of the city; THE FOOD!; the Distillery District; the shopping; The Toronto Raptors; i love living right in the heart of downtown toronto and not having to own a car; St. Lawrence Market; driving down the DVP in the fall and seeing the trees all different colours; did i mention the food?

Farmington, Connecticut (where i will be moving): 1 1/2 hours away from NYC and Boston; my family can drive there in 7 hours (my mom is a terrible flyer); how green it is - lots of parks and great hiking and bike trails; Truffles (a phenomenal bakery that makes the most amazing red velvet cupcakes - they are also doing our wedding cupcakes); my fiance :)

Our Journey to Happiness :)

Oct 30, 2002 - We met in Toronto while he was visiting on a business trip from the US

Dated until early 2004 and then distance became an issue

Sept 16, 2007 - He initiated contact with me after almost 4 years!

Jan 2008 - He came to Toronto to visit and see if there was still 'something' there

Feb 28, 2009 - He proposed in front of my family in our condo in Toronto!!!

May 13, 2009 - sent in I-129F (Lawyer is handling our process)

May 15, 2009 - received receipt of NOA1

September 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

Nov 4/09 - sent packet 3

Nov 25/09 - info logged in system

Interview date - March 22, 2010!!! ***APPROVED!!!***

POE @ Queenston/Lewiston - April 4th, 2010

Wedding date - July 17, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.