JMilroy

I-129F and I-130 Hardcopy Approvals- I-824???

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got the hardcopies of the NOA2 for the I-129f and the I-130 they were approved at the same time. On the I-129f it indicates how it has been forwarded on to the NVC and the numbers and other details relevant to the case. On the I-130 it says “the above petition has been approved. Pettition indicates that the person who you are petitioning for is in the US and will apply for adjustment of status using I-485.”

Next paragraph states that if the petitioner decides to apply for visa outside U.S based on this petition that I have to fill out an I-824 with the USCIS to request that they send the petition to the NVC .

What is all this? No where did I ever state that I was living in the US my wife the petitioner does. The marriage has been less than 2yrs so I think I still have to do the AOS after I get my greencard but I’ve never seen any mention of doing an I-824. Do I ignore that and wait for the I-129F approval to generate an NVC and so on as it says on that NOA2. Thanks for your help.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I just got the hardcopies of the NOA2 for the I-129f and the I-130 they were approved at the same time. On the I-129f it indicates how it has been forwarded on to the NVC and the numbers and other details relevant to the case. On the I-130 it says “the above petition has been approved. Pettition indicates that the person who you are petitioning for is in the US and will apply for adjustment of status using I-485.”

Next paragraph states that if the petitioner decides to apply for visa outside U.S based on this petition that I have to fill out an I-824 with the USCIS to request that they send the petition to the NVC .

What is all this? No where did I ever state that I was living in the US my wife the petitioner does. The marriage has been less than 2yrs so I think I still have to do the AOS after I get my greencard but I’ve never seen any mention of doing an I-824. Do I ignore that and wait for the I-129F approval to generate an NVC and so on as it says on that NOA2. Thanks for your help.

Sometimes they just select the wrong paragraph when they generate the approval letter. Both cases will probably go to NVC but you can call them to check. You are on a visa path, not an adjustment of status path. However, if your spouse arrives with a K3 visa, she WILL need to adjust status.

K3 is virtually obsolete and has been for two years. If this mistake has occurred, it's just one more reason why you'll be sorry you ever filed the I-129F for a spouse. Filing just the I-130 for the CR1 or IR1 visa path is the appropriate route for virtually all spouse cases.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes they just select the wrong paragraph when they generate the approval letter. Both cases will probably go to NVC but you can call them to check. You are on a visa path, not an adjustment of status path. However, if your spouse arrives with a K3 visa, she WILL need to adjust status.

K3 is virtually obsolete and has been for two years. If this mistake has occurred, it's just one more reason why you'll be sorry you ever filed the I-129F for a spouse. Filing just the I-130 for the CR1 or IR1 visa path is the appropriate route for virtually all spouse cases.

I wont be arriving in the US on the K3 I want to arrive on the IR3 so that I don't need to do a EAD upon arrival. If the I129F was accepted and is on it's way to the NVC doesn't the I130 as well considering you need to do a I130 along with the I129F, and in my case both were approved. Feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I wont be arriving in the US on the K3 I want to arrive on the IR3 so that I don't need to do a EAD upon arrival. If the I129F was accepted and is on it's way to the NVC doesn't the I130 as well considering you need to do a I130 along with the I129F, and in my case both were approved. Feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Asked and answered. Call NVC and ask them about the I-130. If they received it, great. If not, you'll have to deal with NVC. If you wanted an IR1 visa, why did you file an I-129F?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.