jusbola22

information on why they would deny you at your interview

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone here is some information on why they would deny you at your interview. I was looking up information and this is what i found on the uscis website. I hope this information is helpful, i know it was helpful to me.

On the other hand, a marriage which was contracted solely for immigration purposes does not confer benefits under the Act. A number of factors may raise questions about the intent of the marriage, and therefore necessitate more in depth questioning (see Chapter 15 regarding interviewing techniques), or even a field examination (see Chapter 17 ) or an investigation (see Chapter 10.5(d) ). Some indications that a marriage may have been contracted solely for immigration benefits include:

• Large disparity of age;

• Inability of petitioner and beneficiary to speak each other's language;

• Vast difference in cultural and ethnic background;

• Family and/or friends unaware of the marriage;

• Marriage arranged by a third party;

• Marriage contracted immediately following the beneficiary's apprehension or receipt of notification to depart the United States;

• Discrepancies in statements on questions for which a husband and wife should have common knowledge;

• No cohabitation since marriage;

• Beneficiary is a friend of the family;

• Petitioner has filed previous petitions in behalf of aliens, especially prior alien spouses.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Discrepancies in statements on questions for which a husband and wife should have common knowledge;

• Petitioner has filed previous petitions in behalf of aliens, especially prior alien spouses.

thank you for posting this is really good . can you please expline mor in the above quote

Discrepancies in statements on questions for which a husband and wife should have common knowledge;

thank you for posting this is really good . can you please expline mor in the above quote

Does this belong to the Pinoy forum? :unsure:

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Other Timeline

• Marriage contracted immediately following the beneficiary's apprehension or receipt of notification to depart the United States;

• Discrepancies in statements on questions for which a husband and wife should have common knowledge;

Review the complete topic (launches new window)

Does this belong to the Pinoy forum? :unsure:

She think these are only will happen to American and Filipina couples. which is bs. :rofl:

Edited by bulaklak

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No need to be rude to the oP. They posted in the wrong area. This should be in a different forum, although they are very vague and could aply elsewhere.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Timeline
No need to be rude to the oP. They posted in the wrong area. This should be in a different forum, although they are very vague and could aply elsewhere.

No rudeness intended. It just seems to happen a lot. Perhaps Cpt. Ewok has a hole in one of his firewalls. He should get that checked.

Of course, if an organizer wanders by, perhaps he/she could move this thread to the appropriate, more friendly, regional forum.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

No cohabitation since marriage..........

This bothers me, what does it mean...for someone like me? I was married in Turkey with my Syrian husband; we tried to live together last year but it didn't work out (that was for 2 months). Then we just spent the past 2 months together in Syria, but I had to come back here to work...we didn't live together per se. Will this be a problem for me?

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No rudeness intended. It just seems to happen a lot. Perhaps Cpt. Ewok has a hole in one of his firewalls. He should get that checked.

Of course, if an organizer wanders by, perhaps he/she could move this thread to the appropriate, more friendly, regional forum.

done and moved from pi regional to sub sahara regional.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I would take these with a grain of salt. I don't think just one of these would spark a denail. I think it is a combination of factors. My husband and I were only together for ten days and new each other for less then a year.

My husband, despite the fact that I told him for the purpose of the interview, did not know how to explain what I did for work at his interview. He got the company mission confused with my actual work. He said that I sold used goods. I work for Goodwill, but I do not sell used goods. I am in Risk Managment and work with the Human services programs and retail doing nothing to do with the actual buisenss of collecting and selling used goods.

No cohabitation since marriage..........

This bothers me, what does it mean...for someone like me? I was married in Turkey with my Syrian husband; we tried to live together last year but it didn't work out (that was for 2 months). Then we just spent the past 2 months together in Syria, but I had to come back here to work...we didn't live together per se. Will this be a problem for me?

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Timeline

OH GOSH....we will be denied for sure ....LOL :devil:

Yes...but my plastic surgery is not helping much....

Absolutely.... She speaks some dialect and I speak REDNECKESSE...I reckon

No...really!!!...I am marrying a whole EXTENDED family and friends ....

No comment there....

No cohabitation since marriage;

Does not co(something else) before marriage count????

Yes....i usually do this for a hobby......it kind of.... keep me young

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: Just having fun....sorry :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.