midge and isi

Packet 3 and 4

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello-

I am still new on the site and am having no luck finding information on Ghana and getting packet 3 and 4.

Once you receive the NOA2 (I know you send a copy to your fiance and the entire I-129 packet) and the information is sent to the embassy from NVC- does the fiance receive notification to go pick it up or do you have to call to see if it is at the embassy (I know most of the paperwork can be downloaded online so you can work on it before hand.)

Also do you receive the information about medical exams at this point? (I have read the thread about the exams in Ghana but they need paperwork to bring with them correct?)

Also do you have to use the online NIV program to make an appointment or do they give you one with the K-1 application?

Is packet 4 given once the VISA is issued?

Thank-you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Read through this... Flow Chart

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello-

I am still new on the site and am having no luck finding information on Ghana and getting packet 3 and 4.

Once you receive the NOA2 (I know you send a copy to your fiance and the entire I-129 packet) and the information is sent to the embassy from NVC- does the fiance receive notification to go pick it up or do you have to call to see if it is at the embassy (I know most of the paperwork can be downloaded online so you can work on it before hand.)

Also do you receive the information about medical exams at this point? (I have read the thread about the exams in Ghana but they need paperwork to bring with them correct?)

Also do you have to use the online NIV program to make an appointment or do they give you one with the K-1 application?

Thank-you!

You can start by calling the NVC 603-334-0700. They can tell you when the case gets handed off to her consulate. After that you can call the DoS and find out if the consulate has processed the case and sent the packet 3, packet 3 will have all the instructions she needs to book her interview and medical.

Packet 4 will be sent out when the consulate receives all the requested information from packet 3. It will tell her when her interview is. You can also call the DoS to find this out as well.

Best of luck!

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hello-

Thank-you!

The way it is suppose to work is that the Embassy in Ghana mails a notification to your fiance' to come and pick up the packets from the Embassy. In our case, my fiance' never received the letter from the embassy so I sent them an email requesting a status. They wrote back to me (you need to give them a few days to respond - but they will) with instructions that he could come to pick up his package on any Wednesday as early as 7:30 a.m. He brought with him a copy of the NOA2 and the email I received from the embassy. They actually gave him both packets (3 & 4). A short time after he picket up his packets I received a letter in the mail from the embassy telling me that he could pick up his packets. I don't know why I got the snail mail and he didn't. However, my email to them did the trick.

The packets included all of the forms he needed to complete and present during his interview along with instructions on the medical process and all necessary paperwork for the medicals.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you all.

I know Ghana likes to make its own rules and mail is not the best. (A package I just sent took 9 weeks to get there!)

-Marissa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• 2 weeks later...

ok wait. i just got my noa 2 too -- ghahana. so what am i supposed to do? i eed to call the NVC thingie--why? whats theat for? ZEE BEE WHERE ARE YOU!! I NEED YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

how do we do the NVC tracking with DHL.. i remember reading that a few months ago...

Hello-

Thank-you!

The way it is suppose to work is that the Embassy in Ghana mails a notification to your fiance' to come and pick up the packets from the Embassy. In our case, my fiance' never received the letter from the embassy so I sent them an email requesting a status. They wrote back to me (you need to give them a few days to respond - but they will) with instructions that he could come to pick up his package on any Wednesday as early as 7:30 a.m. He brought with him a copy of the NOA2 and the email I received from the embassy. They actually gave him both packets (3 & 4). A short time after he picket up his packets I received a letter in the mail from the embassy telling me that he could pick up his packets. I don't know why I got the snail mail and he didn't. However, my email to them did the trick.

The packets included all of the forms he needed to complete and present during his interview along with instructions on the medical process and all necessary paperwork for the medicals.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.