whiteew23

The next step after NOA2

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello all,

As you know I recently received word via e-mail and USCIS website that my NOA2 is coming in the mail and now comes the fun part... I am leaving this sunday (the 2nd) to see my Natalia in Moldova and take her the necessary paperwork for our next step, letter of employment, statements and such. I will not be home to collect the NOA2 right away but i will scan a copy back to her via internet (when I get home) and let it fly to her email account but....(wait theres more) I have heard that moldovans need a visa (a transit visa I believe) to go to our appointment and interview stage in romania so how does she need to go about applying for this? Does she go to the america embassy right now and start applying for it? (because i hear it takes about a month to get this) or wait for a letter of invitation from the embassy in romania AND then apply? Geez talk about a "Damned if do, damned if you don't" type of situation here. Any thoughts, comments or advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.... MANY THANKS :wacko:

(VERMONT APPLICANTS TAKE HEART BECAUSE OUR TIME IS AT HAND!!!)

If your finacee needs a visa to cross from Moldova to Romania, you don't get it from the US embassy, you'd get it from the Romanian embassy.

Hopefully someone from Moldova will come along and give you more specific info -- my own google search = fail. Perhaps your fiancee knows better how to stop google from giving you US relevant info (I found lots of touring links!!)

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
If your finacee needs a visa to cross from Moldova to Romania, you don't get it from the US embassy, you'd get it from the Romanian embassy.

Hopefully someone from Moldova will come along and give you more specific info -- my own google search = fail. Perhaps your fiancee knows better how to stop google from giving you US relevant info (I found lots of touring links!!)

Yeah I noticed the US relevant links as well...still i will keep digging. (I will hate to give Natalia that news when I am there but I am sure that I can slip it in...when she is in one of her happier moods) :unsure: Thanks for the reply :thumbs:

I assume you mean that she must travel to Romania to have the interview at the U.S. embassy there. If a visa is required by Romania, that generally is not a big deal. People of Ukraine use to travel to Poland for their interviews until the embassy in Kiev began the process about 6 years ago.

She will need to wait until the U.S. embassy has received the case file and sends out the invitation letter. Often the applicant can contact the embassy, but they need the case file number assigned at the National Visa Center. You might be able to contact them to get that number.

Follow the procedures laid out here in VJ, especially regarding her country. Review what others have said to get an idea of how the process works.

Good luck, you are on the downhill slide now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.