Nothing1234

Happy Friday MENA!!!!!!

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good evening MENA and happy Friday! :star:

Not much going on here. Supposed to be picking out paint colors tomorrow morning insha'Allah.

They installed the a/c's at our place, so after three days of painting, starting tomorrow, we should be okay to move in, though we won't have the house exactly fully furnished yet. At least we should have a mattress and be able to sleep in a/c. :luv:

Amysaid, have you tried fast food for your daughter? I normally wouldn't advise it as I think it's horrible to feed kids stuff that unhealthy, but if she's used to it or likes it, you can get delivery from everywhere here. And like someone mentioned, perhaps the heat is killing her appetite as well. I know I don't eat as much when it's really hot. I know you know this, but just make sure she's getting plenty of water. I always have a hard time getting my son to drink water and they don't understand how important it is, especially when it's hotter than normal outside.

I brought a large supply of Hello Kitty pens and pencils when I moved here. If she likes Hello Kitty, perhaps I can part with a few for her :D Let me know.

Turia, I hope you are okay dear. (F)

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good evening/afternoon MENA! massaa al khair in Arabic lol :P

Not working today and just spending the day chilling at home...

Amysaid, the heat is unbearable these days in Cairo. I do have problem adapting to it and I have lived all my life here. It increases every year. I do understand how hard it can be for your daughter to get used to it. The weather can affect her mood and sleep times. Be patient with it. Oh, and please don't try the pyramids visit at an afternoon/mid-day lol.. Either early in the morning or check the show they make at night. I haven't attended the show before but heard it's awesome. Oh, btw, what area are you in in Cairo? :)

Honeyandsweetie, good luck!!

ZaidsMommy, get well soon! (F)

Turia, hope the fall wasn't bad and you are ok. (F)

Prince+angel, glad you're having a good time. :star:

Melly, have fun picking the colors for your new place. Congrats! :)

Annie, Maureen, GG, Rosie, Amanda, Jeanne, Jackie, Beth, Anna, Sharifah, Charles, Patricia, Sandrila, Betsy, and Amal hope all of you are having a day! (F):)

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Weekend is about over here. I started my sorting to pack today. Wow.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

Good Afternoon and TGIF, even though I just HATE the weekends.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
30 minutes til mah weekends starts :P

awesome.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Amysaid, have you tried fast food for your daughter? I normally wouldn't advise it as I think it's horrible to feed kids stuff that unhealthy, but if she's used to it or likes it, you can get delivery from everywhere here. And like someone mentioned, perhaps the heat is killing her appetite as well. I know I don't eat as much when it's really hot. I know you know this, but just make sure she's getting plenty of water. I always have a hard time getting my son to drink water and they don't understand how important it is, especially when it's hotter than normal outside.

We haven't tried any fast food, I never thought to ask about it. I kinda assumed that they didn't deliver to this part of Giza, since it seems so far from everything. I tried to make her some mac & cheese that i brought from home, but the ziplock bag got infiltrated by ants, so i had to stop and pick all of them out, then when i actually made it, i think the cheese packet must have gone rancid from the heat or something, because it tasted awful to me. I had already given her a bowl of it and she said it tasted good, so maybe it's just me. I dunno. I threw the rest of it out anyway because I was just grossed out by it. I bought a bunch of Pasta Roni and macaroni and cheese type stuff, but now I'm afraid that it somehow spoiled. I didn't think that was possible, but who knows. We've only been here for 2.5 days, but the kitchen is constantly hot. I moved the stuff out of the kitchen, away from the ants and heat, but not sure how it'll be. We also bought some smoked turkey breast at the store and i had them slice it thinly for sandwiches, but that tasted slightly off to me also, and Abigail doesn't want to eat it either. So far all I've gotten her to eat is tomatoes, cucumbers, pb&j, boiled eggs, popcorn, ice cream, chocolate and cake :P Well, Ahmed was more responsible for those last three than I was... Anyway, I know she won't shrivel up like a supermodel overnight, it's just frustrating and stressful when your kid won't eat. She does drink plenty of water, though, so that's one good thing.

understand how hard it can be for your daughter to get used to it. The weather can affect her mood and sleep times. Be patient with it. Oh, and please don't try the pyramids visit at an afternoon/mid-day lol.. Either early in the morning or check the show they make at night. I haven't attended the show before but heard it's awesome. Oh, btw, what area are you in in Cairo? :)

Aya

Yeah, she is wide awake right now, because we both slept most of the day. Trying to work with it, I think I'll make her a bed on the floor of our bedroom (with AC) tonight and see if she sleeps better. It's darker in there, and the noise of the AC masks the outdoor noises. Not ideal for grown-up time, but i guess we will manage somehow :whistle: I would not dreeeeam of going to the pyramids during that time. :) When we go, we plan on going first thing in the morning, and being home by noon at the latest. Just a quick trip, because I doubt she will be that impressed anyway. She's almost six, so I think she'll be like "Oh, hey, a bunch of rocks. Can I pet that camel?!" :star: We're in Giza, in Omrania... far from everything :)

Timeline
Yeah, she is wide awake right now, because we both slept most of the day. Trying to work with it, I think I'll make her a bed on the floor of our bedroom (with AC) tonight and see if she sleeps better. It's darker in there, and the noise of the AC masks the outdoor noises. Not ideal for grown-up time, but i guess we will manage somehow whistling.gif I would not dreeeeam of going to the pyramids during that time. smile.gif When we go, we plan on going first thing in the morning, and being home by noon at the latest. Just a quick trip, because I doubt she will be that impressed anyway. She's almost six, so I think she'll be like "Oh, hey, a bunch of rocks. Can I pet that camel?!" star_smile.gif We're in Giza, in Omrania... far from everything smile.gif

It's 5:10 am and I can't sleep either! Summer heat causes me insomnia :blink: Bad for my health but good cause I get to talk to John with the 7 hours time difference in between us... God I miss him so so much though we've been talking all day :(

I was born in Faisal Giza, never been to Omrania though.. Now I'm living ten minutes away from Cairo Airport so that is like 3 hours to Giza in Cairo's traffic lol..

All I noticed in my first visit to the pyramids at 4 was the camels and horses too but still have flashes of it till this moment :) So hopefully you're daughter will have good memories of it later :) Hope she's sleeping by now (F)

I have to work tomorrow afternoon so I'm off to bed now good night/morning everyone...

ROC Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
It's 5:10 am and I can't sleep either! Summer heat causes me insomnia :blink: Bad for my health but good cause I get to talk to John with the 7 hours time difference in between us... God I miss him so so much though we've been talking all day :(

I was born in Faisal Giza, never been to Omrania though.. Now I'm living ten minutes away from Cairo Airport so that is like 3 hours to Giza in Cairo's traffic lol..

All I noticed in my first visit to the pyramids at 4 was the camels and horses too but still have flashes of it till this moment :) So hopefully you're daughter will have good memories of it later :) Hope she's sleeping by now (F)

I have to work tomorrow afternoon so I'm off to bed now good night/morning everyone...

Aya, I can sympathize with you on missing your love. It is so hard, especially since as I recall you two spent a lot of time together when you were first together... If Ahmed doesn't get his visa this time, it's going to be a really, really difficult departure, for all three of us. Just praying that he gets it.

Yeah, to get from the airport to here it takes about an hour in minimal traffic, we got into the airport around 930pm and didn't get home until about 11:30 i think. abigail is still awake right now, watching cartoons, but i think i'm going to put her to bed now that it's cooled off. trying to decide if she'd sleep better in her room in her bed where it's warm, or on the floor in our bedroom where it's cooler... hmm.

Timeline

Aya, I can sympathize with you on missing your love. It is so hard, especially since as I recall you two spent a lot of time together when you were first together... If Ahmed doesn't get his visa this time, it's going to be a really, really difficult departure, for all three of us. Just praying that he gets it.

Yeah, to get from the airport to here it takes about an hour in minimal traffic, we got into the airport around 930pm and didn't get home until about 11:30 i think. abigail is still awake right now, watching cartoons, but i think i'm going to put her to bed now that it's cooled off. trying to decide if she'd sleep better in her room in her bed where it's warm, or on the floor in our bedroom where it's cooler... hmm.

I really hope he gets to leave with you and you get to settle down together! You and him are in my prayers inshaAllah he'll get his visa very soon. (F)

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.