John24689

Help. Don't know what to do.

7 posts in this topic

My wife's and her daughter's application for Removal of Conditions, I-751, is pending and her daughter got married July 24. I was going to have her write USCIS referencing her A# and her mother's A# and enclose a copy of her NOA and a copy of her marriage certificate and send it to VSC.

I am trying to get her name changed at USCIS before they produce her 10 yr GC. Hopefully, we will make it in time and save money trying to change it later by filing an I-90 and paying $370.

If she does send this information, do you think it will mess up the ROC and they will want her to file a separate I-751?

I don't know what to do. I posted this on the ROC forum, but did not get an answer. I have searched everywhere I know and cannot find an answer. Please help.

What am I missing? Call the 800# also? And???

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
My wife's and her daughter's application for Removal of Conditions, I-751, is pending and her daughter got married July 24. I was going to have her write USCIS referencing her A# and her mother's A# and enclose a copy of her NOA and a copy of her marriage certificate and send it to VSC.

I am trying to get her name changed at USCIS before they produce her 10 yr GC. Hopefully, we will make it in time and save money trying to change it later by filing an I-90 and paying $370.

If she does send this information, do you think it will mess up the ROC and they will want her to file a separate I-751?

I don't know what to do. I posted this on the ROC forum, but did not get an answer. I have searched everywhere I know and cannot find an answer. Please help.

What am I missing? Call the 800# also? And???

If I were you I wouldn't do anything. Just let the RoC go through as is. IMO you will be opening a can of worms by stating that she married before RoC since her staus is tied to her being a dependent child of your wife whose residency is tied to her mom's marriage to a US citizen. Since she is now married, I'm not so sure she can ride on her mom's coat-tails anymore. That is why I think it is much cheaper in the long run to pay the $370 later than to open any can of worms with the US-CIS at this stage. That is just asking for trouble when you are so close to the finish line.

OK, that is the free advice from a forum member to another. Take it or leave it. Or you can always pay an immigration lawyer $50 - $100 for a professional consultation to see what their educated recommendation is.

I consulted 2 separate immigration attorneys to get advice about whether to file my (then 21 year old) stepdaughter together with my wife or separate when we filed the I-751. One told me "together", the other told me "separate". So I ended up $150 poorer and had to decide for myself to file them "together". It went through that way with no problems, but I was still worried. So I'm a bit jaded about consulting the "experts".

Good luck in whatever course of action you decide on. Maybe someone else will weigh in with an opinion better than mine.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

I wouldn't do anything either. Have her stick with her name (nee) for "official" documents and use her married name for whatever she wants to. If she and the new hubby don't like that, then they're free to pony up $370 and file the papers themselves!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I agree, don't do anything. Wait until the green card arrives and then decide if it is worth changing her name on it. The USCIS can be very disagreeable with this.

We know someone that arrived from Ukraine with her children (3). Between the marriage of this woman and the application of AOS, her oldest daughter met and married an American guy. During the AOS interview they separated the oldest daughter from her family. She was ordered to return to Ukraine and her new husband had to file a K-3 application.

At least he was able to return with her to Ukraine to wait for the processing.

So, sit tight and wait. :blush:

That sucks!

Maybe they thought she was trying to do that as blatant visa fraud and not "it just happened" because if she got married before mom did, she probably didn't just meet this dude yesterday.

Wow, either way.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Actually the daughter got married after mom, but before anyone did AOS. And yeah it sucks. Mom and her son (the youngest) are in Ukraine now but should return next week as school will start for her son. Unfortunately, mom decided to leave before her other daughter graduated from high school. I know that my wife will be happy when this woman returns as her other daughter has been hanging out with our son a lot.

As for our son, he's just happy to have some other young people here that speak Russian or Ukrainian. :dance:

So he's still a young guy - not like the rest of us who think "hanging out" is code for doing more than speaking a foreign language.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.