amal

Calling out to my San Antonio friends

10 posts in this topic

Ok ppl. Here's the situation I'm in right now. I have a friend who got all wrapped up in a bad bad ring of ppl in San Antonio. Drugs, alcohol, many other "issues" were included in this ring. She reached out to me when she had nobody and I offered to take her in to my home as long as she had a pure intent to change her life and quit all of those vices. She has been with me for 3 weeks now and has been wonderful. She had converted to Islam in 2005 but really didn't know enough about the religion to feel safe practicing it. Since being at my home, she has really come a long way and has found safety in God and our religion and really doesn't want to go back to her old lifestyle coz she sees now that it was wrong and dangerous for her.

She was married to a Palestinian who mentally abused her, got her kids taken away, left her, wouldn't help her keep a place to live, basically drove her to the brink of insanity. All of her identifying information has been stolen, her car was taken back by her SO, and she came to me with barely the clothes on her back. She has really been through the ringer and I don't want to see her go back to that lifestyle that almost killed her.

The reason I'm telling you all this is because this friend is about 1 month from completing her course in Accounting and getting her certification. The college she has been attending REFUSES to transfer her credits down here and they are threatening to drop her from this class unless she can come back and make an appearance to gain back some "attendance days" that she's missed since being with me. She's SOOOOOOOO close to completing this!!! As I said before, she doesn't have a vehicle, no job, no money, no NOTHING, and if I can get her to San Antonio to finish school....would ANY of you be willing to take her into your home until she can take the tests to complete her studies?

She has no family there although she has a couple friends in the area. The problem is that they are drug addicted alcoholics from the "ring" she was associated with before and she's too scared to stay with them coz she doesn't want to relapse. She's truely a wonderful person with a super teriffic heart and really deserves the chance to make her life better.

Her school is on fredricksburg and belcon (sp)??? do any of you live near there??? and if so, would u be able to give her somewhere to lay her head for a little bit? Please, if you can help at all, it would be much much appreciated.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Is this DB?

Jax (F)

:crying: yup (unless theres another DB that i don't know about)

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

wom lives in san antonio i thought.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I haven't heard from her in such a long time...I dunno if she'd be able to take my friend or not...

Interview-December 2005

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello Amal,

I know the area very well. I just moved from San Antonio to Jax. I have many contacts I know there is a huge mosque also with contacts, maybe they would be willing to let her stay. What school is she attending? I just graduated from OLLU there and one of my friends was in a situation where she had no choice to move because her husband was reassigned, they couldn't obligate her to stay and allowed her to finish out her courses. Let me know how I can help and where you would like me to start.

Edited by CasandraYounes

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Check into halfway houses for abused or addicted women in SA, Im sure there are quite a few since its a large city. If she is in school, they may be more inclined to help her too.

Most places like that also have peopel on staff with experience in getting children back and stuff.

She should probably be in some sort of treatment anyway if she was on drugs, alcohol ect.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Hello Amal,

I know the area very well. I just moved from San Antonio to Jax. I have many contacts I know there is a huge mosque also with contacts, maybe they would be willing to let her stay. What school is she attending? I just graduated from OLLU there and one of my friends was in a situation where she had no choice to move because her husband was reassigned, they couldn't obligate her to stay and allowed her to finish out her courses. Let me know how I can help and where you would like me to start.

She's in the comunity college (the name escapes me). They have been letting her fax in her homework as proof that she's not just sittin on her thumbs here. The Deen called her today and said she HAS.TO.BE.BACK.BYYY.FRIDAY. or they'll drop her due to attendance. I think that's just wrong wrong wrong of them (considering her situation).

Maybe the Mosques there could offer some assistance? I hate to be all religious-fy'd but I would love to have a religious filled place for her to stay, ya know? Even she agreed that she wants nothing to do with her old lifestyle and wants a safe place to stay where she can focus on studying and keeping herself right with God. I admire her for the change she's trying to make and I wanna do everything in my power to help her while she's willing to accept the help.

Interview-December 2005

Amal what a very supportive and giving friend you are!

That is very sweet what you have done and selfless.

My prayers are with your friend. (F)

From what I hear, she should be extremely proud of herself :thumbs:

Thanks for the prayers Sandrilla. It's not been easy but if it helps her find the right path, it's all worth it ensha'allah.

Interview-December 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.