MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

I feel bad posting a question after being absent for so long, but I'm trying to get this AOS out as soon as possible. I don't even know what's going on...I barely have time to be on the internet anymore.

I moved to the States on August 16th, got married on the 21st( YAY!!) and now getting ready to send the AOS package. Here our situation....my husband was laid off. We tried waiting for him to find another one before filing, but it looks like it's taking a lot longer than we expected. Needless to say, we are very stressed about this. We are afrais that I will not be able to adjust because of it. Not the best way to start a marriage, but we always tell ourselves, if we can go through this rough time, sky will be the limit! :)

Now my questions:

1- We'll need co-sponsor, which will be his mother. Do we fill I-864 or I-864A

2- My hubby's currently receiving unemployment. Can we list it as an income?

Thanks for all your answers, and hoping that everything is going smoothly for all of you!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Hello all,

I feel bad posting a question after being absent for so long, but I'm trying to get this AOS out as soon as possible. I don't even know what's going on...I barely have time to be on the internet anymore.

I moved to the States on August 16th, got married on the 21st( YAY!!) and now getting ready to send the AOS package. Here our situation....my husband was laid off. We tried waiting for him to find another one before filing, but it looks like it's taking a lot longer than we expected. Needless to say, we are very stressed about this. We are afrais that I will not be able to adjust because of it. Not the best way to start a marriage, but we always tell ourselves, if we can go through this rough time, sky will be the limit! :)

Now my questions:

Thanks for all your answers, and hoping that everything is going smoothly for all of you!

Hey girl, sorry to hear about ur husband's job...that's sucky :( I don't have answers for ya, you may want to post this question under he AOS forum, you may get more resposnes...good luck.

Ok, so I got my AP in the mail today...

I got two copies...does this mean it is only good for two trips? I'm confused why it's two copies, and how do I activate? Do I see them before I leave across boarder or after?

Also, a week ago got an email saying 'EAD card production ordered on Sept 2, give 30 days'...then today I got again 'EAD card production ordered, give 30 days'... What is this?

They are the same email? Or does one mean that card was ordered and the other mean it was mailed out? So confused?

Also, the DMV took my app a few weeks ago and said they were running a background SAFE check to verify my immigrant status...well they said it would take 7-10 days and it's been way longer. I called DMV main centre...they have nothing....I now have to go wait in line at the DMV AGAIN! With no guarantee for a positive outcome :(

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Poppy,

No, AP is for multiple trips.... they give you 2 copies as the first time you use it, the border is supposed to keep 1 copy, and stamp the other and give it back. You use it when re-entering the US, not leaving. Then everytime you use it again, you use the 1 stamped copy and they stamp it again, etc. If you use it 5 times, it'll have 5 stamps. Saying that, I used mine at Queenston and the dude didn't keep his copy, he gave me both them back. I said aren't you supposed to keep one (as I read on VJ they're supposed to) and he said no he photocopied it, LOL. I only used it once as my GC came soon after.

As for EAD, it's normal to get 2 e-mails, not to worry! I bet you'll have it in the mail next week, 30 days is worst case.

Damn the DMV! I hope you hear something soon

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello all,

Now my questions:

Hey girl, sorry to hear about ur husband's job...that's sucky :( I don't have answers for ya, you may want to post this question under he AOS forum, you may get more resposnes...good luck.

I got two copies...does this mean it is only good for two trips? I'm confused why it's two copies, and how do I activate? Do I see them before I leave across boarder or after?

Also, a week ago got an email saying 'EAD card production ordered on Sept 2, give 30 days'...then today I got again 'EAD card production ordered, give 30 days'... What is this?

They are the same email? Or does one mean that card was ordered and the other mean it was mailed out? So confused?

Also, the DMV took my app a few weeks ago and said they were running a background SAFE check to verify my immigrant status...well they said it would take 7-10 days and it's been way longer. I called DMV main centre...they have nothing....I now have to go wait in line at the DMV AGAIN! With no guarantee for a positive outcome :(

UCK, sorry you had trouble at the DMV, when I took my husband to the DMV in Delaware they started to give him the run around as well...but I knew the rules, asked to see the manager and he got his drivers license that day. (The SAFE check, at least here in Delaware, is an instant access program it does not take a week) I say go to the DMV again if they give you a hard time ask to see a manager (politely ofcourse;) )

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello all,

Now my questions:

Thank you for your reply poprocks. I did post in AOS section and got good feedback (VJ really is the best!). I'm sorry to see all the trouble you're having with DMV. They were a pain in the butt yes, but I stil have my license...it sucks that DMV offices don't work the same everywhere. Good luck with the rest of your journey!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Timeline

you're lucky they will even consider letting you get a license! Here in CO there is a 90 day waiting period to be considered a state resident. Well that's just great for those of us on a K-1, our I-94 expires on the same day they consider us residents. This means you need to wait until you have your EAD to be eligible. So now I'm stuck with an american debit and credit card in my married name, and all my ID is in my maiden name. Its an annoying situation! So far it hasn't been an issue, but I'm always a little concerned when I use it... I'm just waiting for someone to question me.

Edited by Hugglebuggles

you're lucky they will even consider letting you get a license! Here in CO there is a 90 day waiting period to be considered a state resident. Well that's just great for those of us on a K-1, our I-94 expires on the same day they consider us residents. This means you need to wait until you have your EAD to be eligible. So now I'm stuck with an american debit and credit card in my married name, and all my ID is in my maiden name. Its an annoying situation! So far it hasn't been an issue, but I'm always a little concerned when I use it... I'm just waiting for someone to question me.

OMG ME TOO! I call myself the 'married-maiden' identity lol... I have half (all banking) in my new married name, and my official ID's in my maiden name...SSN, DL, Passport etc.... I don't ave ID to officially match my credit stuff...#######?... I can't even trans my dept store cards to my SSN, cause they want ID...and I can't change a lot of stuff until it all matches...UGH...how annoying lol....

I'm thinking one of two options, I called Penndot (our DMV) today, they have no record of me...so the only place that would have my stuff, is the paper file they started on me at the DMV location I went in to... I could go back there...and maybe ask to speak to a sup? which I did last time, and she pretty much pointed to the woman next to her, indicating she was it, and she looked up and nodded in reassurance that what the first one was telling me, was correct....so where was I? Oh yeah, I could go back there, or a new location....I worry if I go to a new location, that it will flag it as a duplicate application? Hmmm....man, #######!!!!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG ME TOO! I call myself the 'married-maiden' identity lol... I have half (all banking) in my new married name, and my official ID's in my maiden name...SSN, DL, Passport etc.... I don't ave ID to officially match my credit stuff...#######?... I can't even trans my dept store cards to my SSN, cause they want ID...and I can't change a lot of stuff until it all matches...UGH...how annoying lol....

I'm thinking one of two options, I called Penndot (our DMV) today, they have no record of me...so the only place that would have my stuff, is the paper file they started on me at the DMV location I went in to... I could go back there...and maybe ask to speak to a sup? which I did last time, and she pretty much pointed to the woman next to her, indicating she was it, and she looked up and nodded in reassurance that what the first one was telling me, was correct....so where was I? Oh yeah, I could go back there, or a new location....I worry if I go to a new location, that it will flag it as a duplicate application? Hmmm....man, #######!!!!

I say go back for sure, especially since there 7-10 day time frame has come and gone. (Personally it sounds like a whole lot of goverment red tape to me) I wouldn't go to a new location just yet. If you get the run around again ask to speak to the manager. Sorry you are having this problem pop :(

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Timeline

Anyone feel like posting a AOS cover letter example? im trying to write mine out but im not sure if I listed everything and I cant seem to find an example one in the guides area unless im looking at the wrong part lol.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Here Inky. I stole the document outline from Sapphire, who got it from Jill I believe... I just added bits and parts from the I-129F cover letter.

I-485 Adjustment of Status Cover Letter

Your Name

Street Address

City, State, Zip

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

USCIS

P.O. Box 804625

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

September xx, 2009

Nature of the Submission: 1-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence of Adjust Status, I-131 Application for Travel Document, I-765 Application for Employment Authorization Original Submissions.

To whom it may concern,

Enclosed please find forms 1-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence of Adjust Status, I-131 Application for Travel Document, I-765 Application for Employment Authorization for myself, (name), and all supporting documentation.

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Package Includes:

• 2 passport standard photographs & receipt for photographs (date on the receipt to show they were taken within 30 days of the filing of this application on August 16, 2009)

• Check in the amount of $1010 made payable to the Department of Homeland Security

• Copy of filing alien’s foreign birth certificate (Ontario, Canada)

• Copy of passport page with K-1 Visa

• Evidence of eligibility which includes: a copy of approval notice for I-129F (NOA2), copy of marriage certificate showing legal marriage within 90 days of entry into the USA, Form I-94 (front & back), and Canadian passport identity page

• Vaccination supplement (Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet) and supporting evidence of follow-up Gardisil shot

• Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet

• Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) which includes: tax documents, letter of employment from American spouse, recent pay stubs showing sufficient income, also proof of U.S. Citizenship which includes copy of the biographic data page of sponsor’s U.S. Passport

Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Package Includes:

• Letter of request for granting Advance Parole

• 2 passport standard photographs (which were taken on August 16, 2009 – receipt attached to Form I-485)

• Initial Evidence which includes a copy of an official photo identity document (Canadian passport identity page)

• A copy of Form I-94 (front & back) and K1 visa to show my present status in the United States

• Marriage Certificate to note name change

Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Package Includes:

• 2 passport standard photographs (which were taken on August 16, 2009 – receipt attached to Form I-485)

• Passport Identity Page

• A copy of Form I-94 (front & back)

• A copy of a Federal Government-issued identity document which includes my Visa issued by a foreign consulate

• Marriage Certificate to note name change

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration officer at a later date.

Signed,

(Your name)

Timeline

aw thanks so much for all the passing alongs!

that looks so much better than mine... heh already noticed i left out a couple of things too shesh!

only problem is i cant get my second gardasil shot an its due on tuesday =/ - no DR till october...

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

No Problem! I filed my AOS without doing the last shot even though I was due for it too... we'll see what happens.

On a random note, I had a dream last night that I received an RFE because I accidentally said I'm from Croatia on the G-325A.... How weird is that? :lol:

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Timeline
No Problem! I filed my AOS without doing the last shot even though I was due for it too... we'll see what happens.

On a random note, I had a dream last night that I received an RFE because I accidentally said I'm from Croatia on the G-325A.... How weird is that? :lol:

LOL oh dear ! that is weird.

I keep dreaming of paper cuts and mountains of paper falling on me! Cannot wait till all this paper stuff is over yessh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wanted to post and tell you guys that I got approved for my GreenCard on Tuesday after passing my RFE'd vacc sheet in at the field office. We got an email the next day that the card production was ordered, and the woman said I should get it in about 2 weeks :) Finally I can change all my ####### to my married name and no more dealing with USCIS for awhile :)

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
I just wanted to post and tell you guys that I got approved for my GreenCard on Tuesday after passing my RFE'd vacc sheet in at the field office. We got an email the next day that the card production was ordered, and the woman said I should get it in about 2 weeks :) Finally I can change all my ####### to my married name and no more dealing with USCIS for awhile :)

Awesome congrats!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.