MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

I went for my Biometrics yesterday. 118 days since NOA1... Can't believe they forgot to put me into the system, but lots of other people in Dallas had the same exact problem. I had to go directly to the Dallas ASC 1 month ago to have them print me an appointment letter.

So this morning, i had my EAD approved!! Finally, i can stop being a couch potato and start earning money to pay off my loans! I feel more like home now, instead of just a visitor.

Now in the wait for my GC, but i don't expect anything to happen for a long time, since i'm at CSC and people wait a long time there!!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I went for my Biometrics yesterday. 118 days since NOA1... Can't believe they forgot to put me into the system, but lots of other people in Dallas had the same exact problem. I had to go directly to the Dallas ASC 1 month ago to have them print me an appointment letter.

So this morning, i had my EAD approved!! Finally, i can stop being a couch potato and start earning money to pay off my loans! I feel more like home now, instead of just a visitor.

Now in the wait for my GC, but i don't expect anything to happen for a long time, since i'm at CSC and people wait a long time there!!

Congratulations! :dance: You deserve it after having waited so long! Good luck with your work and I hope the rest of your AOS goes smooth and fast! :thumbs:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Today was an emotional day in our house.

My GC came in the mail today!!! :D:star::thumbs::dance:

I cried and hugged my husband for a bit, just letting it all sink in. Quite a fancy little piece of plastic.

Called my parents in BC right away to let them know the good news.

Yay!!! Soooo happy!!! :D :D :D

Today was an emotional day in our house.

My GC came in the mail today!!! :D:star::thumbs::dance:

I cried and hugged my husband for a bit, just letting it all sink in. Quite a fancy little piece of plastic.

Called my parents in BC right away to let them know the good news.

Yay!!! Soooo happy!!! :D :D :D

congrats! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the GC!

So today i called uscis, and they confirmed i am definately outside processing dates. they did a service request and sent it to CSC and CSC has 30 days to update my case. if i dont here anything im to call uscis back. same old same old.

so just out of curiosity, how does it work if you want to travel within the usa? like i'm in chicago and we wanna visit davids family in Florida and i have my newfound family in Conecticut...do i just use my normal canadian passport if we go by plane ? what other stuff would i use? or bring ?

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Glad you finally got your biometrics...i waited 4 months for mine after harassing uscis so many times, so i know what its like to wait what seems like forever for your EAD :)

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the GC!

So today i called uscis, and they confirmed i am definately outside processing dates. they did a service request and sent it to CSC and CSC has 30 days to update my case. if i dont here anything im to call uscis back. same old same old.

so just out of curiosity, how does it work if you want to travel within the usa? like i'm in chicago and we wanna visit davids family in Florida and i have my newfound family in Conecticut...do i just use my normal canadian passport if we go by plane ? what other stuff would i use? or bring ?

You can use your passport or if you have been able to get a drivers licence you should be able to use that as well....I think you just need photo ID. I always use my passport since it seems a little more "official" than my DL. And my DL is only temporary, so I don't want any sort of hassle with that. And if you ever run into any sort of issues while you are away from home, you have your passport to go to a consulate with.

Timeline

When I fly domestically, I just use my DL. That's what the majority of people do, so it definably isn't out of the ordinary. A lot of American's just travel domestically and don't own a passport.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the GC!

I'm an American and I agree with Hugglebuggles. I always use my DL when I travel. I just got my passport 2 years ago and only use that when going out of the country.

Have fun with the new cavity searches at the airport. My sister joked to the man who felt her up and down that it was the most action that she'd had in a long time!

Edited by Arabella

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline

I'm an American and I agree with Hugglebuggles. I always use my DL when I travel. I just got my passport 2 years ago and only use that when going out of the country.

Have fun with the new cavity searches at the airport. My sister joked to the man who felt her up and down that it was the most action that she'd had in a long time!

well since the family decided xmas is at our hourse...i dont think we'll be going anywhere. tree trimming, decorations clenaing cooking baking..then hopefully just relaxing..lol.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

well since the family decided xmas is at our hourse...i dont think we'll be going anywhere. tree trimming, decorations clenaing cooking baking..then hopefully just relaxing..lol.

I think we will be doing Christmas dinner at our place too. With the new baby, we won't be up for much travelling. Si's family all live pretty close to us, but none of them can really afford or have the space to put on a christmas dinner. My parents are going to be here to meet/help with the baby, so I am sure my Mom will be more than happy to make dinner!! Hubby mentioned something about wanting to rent a cabin up in the Smokies for a couple of days again, but I am not sure I will be up to that with a ~1 week old baby!!

Timeline

I think we will be doing Christmas dinner at our place too. With the new baby, we won't be up for much travelling. Si's family all live pretty close to us, but none of them can really afford or have the space to put on a christmas dinner. My parents are going to be here to meet/help with the baby, so I am sure my Mom will be more than happy to make dinner!! Hubby mentioned something about wanting to rent a cabin up in the Smokies for a couple of days again, but I am not sure I will be up to that with a ~1 week old baby!!

We are doing the craziest thing for Christmas. We are leaving our nice, warm, sunny, beach side home in Florida to travel to Canada. My kids are going to be in for the shock of their lives! They think 60 degrees is freezing cold weather!

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

AOS

06.21.2010- Biometrics

ROC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL, my sister made that same assumption. I would advise you don't take it for granted and actually ask. :lol:

Timeline

Woot they are reviewing our new medical! I hope they make a decision soon!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC***********

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review

On November 24, 2010, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

AOS

06.21.2010- Biometrics

ROC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.