MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

I am still waiting for my biometrics appt as well....and I sent AOS at the end of May :angry: It seems it depends on how busy the service center is. I am getting hubby to contact the senator/congressman since next week we will be out of the 3 month processing window, and I still don't even have my appt!!! Hopefully it gets things moving again!

Wow that's a long wait for the Biometrics!! I'm soo sorry about that! Did you call USCIS to put in a service request? That's what i did yesterday, but i have no idea if it will be effective or not.. i guess i'll know when the time comes, since with USCIS it's never yes or no!!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did put in a service request almost 2 weeks ago. I just got a response awhile ago saying that they are transferring the service request to CSC to investigate. I guess it went to the local office first and when they realized my file was sent to CSC they passed it on. I am off to Canada for a couple of weeks, so hopefully something will be here waiting when I return.

I just read that post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/271489-biometrics-update/

I think if i don't get any news in 1-2 weeks from now, i'll make an infopass appointment just like her!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Green Card arrived today!!!! :dance::star::D

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

I haven't been on here forever! Way to go Slider on the EAD! woo hoo! Kimbear and Colleens I completely feel for you :( Hopefully it won't be too much longer!

Well my AP was approved on Monday and I am thinking that I should recieve my EAD soon I'm hoping. I was comparing timelines and it looks as though most ppl got their EADs approved on the same day or just a few days after. I really really hope so!! I have an interview on Monday for a job I really want, I didn't even apply for it. A girl I know here just told her boss about me and he wants me to come in, she has explained everything about my situation though. I am wondering if I can start working as soon as the EAD is approved or if I have to wait until I get the card in the mail? I hope not because I don't want this job to pass me by (if I get it!) and the mail seems to take forever from USCIS.

AOS

03-30-10: Montreal Interview

04-09-10: K1 Visa Received

04-17-10: US Entry (Toronto Pearson Airport to Peoria, Illinois)

06-12-10: Married the love of my life!!

06-25-10: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131 petitions to Chicago Lockbox

07-01-10: NOA1

07-30-10: Case transferred to California Service Center

08-03-10: Biometrics in Naperville, IL

08-21-10: AP approved

08-28-10: Received AP

08-30-10: EAD approved

09-01-10: Received EAD

09-20-10: Green card approved!!

09-25-10: Green card recieved!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Green Card arrived today!!!! :dance::star::D

Yeah, glad you got your green card! Cool about the 08-09-10!

I haven't been on here forever! Way to go Slider on the EAD! woo hoo! Kimbear and Colleens I completely feel for you :( Hopefully it won't be too much longer!

Well my AP was approved on Monday and I am thinking that I should recieve my EAD soon I'm hoping. I was comparing timelines and it looks as though most ppl got their EADs approved on the same day or just a few days after. I really really hope so!! I have an interview on Monday for a job I really want, I didn't even apply for it. A girl I know here just told her boss about me and he wants me to come in, she has explained everything about my situation though. I am wondering if I can start working as soon as the EAD is approved or if I have to wait until I get the card in the mail? I hope not because I don't want this job to pass me by (if I get it!) and the mail seems to take forever from USCIS.

Could you update your timeline to help the rest of us "compare"?

Timeline

Just checked on my AOS package getting to Chicago.

Got there on Wednesday, now I just wait for NOA's, I guess. :) Hopefully it's soon. But, who knows.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@SteflovesBran:

Yeah, I was wondering about you as you suddenly disappeared from VJ after entering the US lol... I am glad you are done with your AP, and I hope you get your EAD pretty soon!

Edited by slider100

Timeline

I got a reply from my service request that I put in for my AOS. It said currently there is no capacity at the Knoxville ASC and that I am in the queue for my biometrics appointment. The thing that confuses me a bit is that when I go onto the USCIS site and search for the nearest ASC based on my zipcode...it is the one in Nashville that pops up and not Knoxville. And I live right in Knoxville. So I am definitely going to call again tomorrow to find up what it up. Is there anywhere that you can find a list of the ASC's? And if one office does not have the capacity to fit you in within the processing time, why not give the applicant the choice of going to a ASC that does have capacity? I know I wouldn't blink twice at going somewhere else, even if it means having to drive a few hours, if I can get my stuff processed. It has already been over 3 months since my AOS packet was recieved by USCIS :angry: At least I have my AP and am chilling out with my family in Canada now!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I couldn't find a list of all the ASC's but you can enter your zip code in the pasted hyperlink and can figure out your ASC.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

I hope they speed up your processing!!!

I was wondering if anyone can clear this up for me...i'm getting alil bit confused..

On the AP-Application for Travel Document Form I-131 it says:

B. From I-485, Application to register permanent residence or adjust status, was filed on your behalf and is pending with USCIS.

However, Upon returning to the United States, you must present your valid H,L,K or V Non-immigrant visa and continue to remain eligible for that status.

I am confused on the underlined parts above...

I'm getting married in Nov and will be entering the U.S. in Sept. So that won't leave me much time left on my K-1 and I-94 to be valid and I for sure won't be granted a AP before the expiry date either..

So if i do get a AP document..would I still be able to travel with it if my K-1 and I-94 is expired??

Is the AP document pointless?

OR

Do they just mean to show proof..Like a NOA1 from AOS or something?

Hopefully i'm making sense..:P

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

I am totally amazed! My husband just called and we have our AOS interview date on October 4! I can hardly believe it! The letter was mailed out on 8/26/10 but there was no update on the USCIS website. It is basically 2 months from our NOA1 date to our Green Card Interview! Detroit here we come!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.