MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm scared to do that because they've sent verification requests twice already. One in April, one a month ago when I got my EAD. I still haven't received any letters from them, and SS office doesn't have any information on it either. It's been a month today since I got my EAD and I went there and they sent verification request. I should have received that letter by now. That's why I'm worried that if I do send in another request, it will take more than a month and I'll be stuck with no driver's license and no way to get to work. I'm going to call USCIS and ask them why I'm not in the system yet, because I should be. Or how long it will take them to put me in the system. Once I'm in the SAVE database, it takes 24 hours for the name change to take effect and they will give me a driver's license.

Yea, if your worried about it, it won't hurt to wait & go back next week to see if anything changed.

With things done electronically, its a wonder why it can't be simpler. :wacko:

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Also, can I selfishly say I'm glad this happened to you cause now I don't have to be the only one going through THEM messing up our files while watching everyone else breeze through in approvals. :lol: Thanks for taking one for the team!

Hahaha... "taking one for the team." There is definitely some comfort in knowing you're not alone. *hugs* At least we get to do this part with our husbands right by our side. I wrote a very detailed cover letter with my RFE stuff. I was sure to also include a copy of my Medisys receipt to prove that the error was not on my part.... Good times....

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Timeline

I sent Mathew's AOS papers off today. yay! :dance:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

I sent Mathew's AOS papers off today. yay! :dance:

Yééééé!! Same day as me, i guess we're gonna be close in our timeline!! Congrats!! :)

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Yea, if your worried about it, it won't hurt to wait & go back next week to see if anything changed.

With things done electronically, its a wonder why it can't be simpler. :wacko:

SS office called today after I emailed them last night and apparently after they submitted my application in june with EAD, the guy wrote the wrong status, instead of K1 he wrote J1. No wonder it's been a month and nothing's been done. I'm getting another phone call from him today so hopefully now it won't take too long

0vi7t8.png

Timeline

SS office called today after I emailed them last night and apparently after they submitted my application in june with EAD, the guy wrote the wrong status, instead of K1 he wrote J1. No wonder it's been a month and nothing's been done. I'm getting another phone call from him today so hopefully now it won't take too long

Wow. It's amazing how one letter can put your life on hold!!! Hope that this nightmare is almost over for you.

Our Timeline

AOS

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

Timeline

Ugh.

Yea, 1 letter makes all the difference in the world!

Hope they get that straightened out soon!

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline

When the guy called me the second time he told me that I'm in the system now! He said you can go back to SS office and reapply and it should work. So I go there, biking, and (this was my fault) she says I need the original of my marriage certificate, not just the copy! OMG! OK, so I bike back home, bike back there again and she says your card is not verifying still! headbonk.gif So they get the manager and he says he talked to that guy who called him this morning but he didn't tell him that it was verifying! So someone is not telling the truth! Anyway, they sent the secondary electronic verification, and I sooooo hope it will come in next week. So I biked there twice in 30 degree weather for nothing! At least I got some exercise!

0vi7t8.png

Timeline

When the guy called me the second time he told me that I'm in the system now! He said you can go back to SS office and reapply and it should work. So I go there, biking, and (this was my fault) she says I need the original of my marriage certificate, not just the copy! OMG! OK, so I bike back home, bike back there again and she says your card is not verifying still! headbonk.gif So they get the manager and he says he talked to that guy who called him this morning but he didn't tell him that it was verifying! So someone is not telling the truth! Anyway, they sent the secondary electronic verification, and I sooooo hope it will come in next week. So I biked there twice in 30 degree weather for nothing! At least I got some exercise!

Ugh... I think I would have had absolutely lost it if I was in your shoes. Yikes... why does it have to be so hard to get things working for you?!

Our Timeline

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG Arya....i'd be so freakign ticked if i were you..what the effing hell are they doing over there!! I hope you get this sorted out soon..good grief!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

i was so mad, I was starting to yell at poor husband and everyone who was in my sight. wacko.gif Thanks, girls, I hope you're right and next week this is all done and I never have to deal with SSA again!

0vi7t8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just filed my AOS 6/16/2010. My AOS should get to the Chicago Lockbox tomorrow because I mailed it next day. But I need my renewal EAD ASAP. Going to speak to my someone in the Congressman office tomorrow to try to SUPER EXPEDITE my renewal EAD Card. I'm currently on an living in Pittsburgh on an H1-B visa after recently being on my OPT using a EAD card and being on an F-1 twice as a undergrad and graduate student that went to school in the United States.

Just got a job offer from a job that I really want.

Who thinks I can break the record and get my EAD before the end of next month?

Thanks

JULY 16: Filed AOS forms

JULY 19: Received by USCIS (DAY 3)

JULY 23: Received Emails and Text Meassages (DAY 7)

JULY 26: Received I-797 in mail (DAY 10)

JULY 26: I-485 Touched (DAY 10)

JULY 30: Asked Local Congressman Rep for help in expediting EAD Card (I just lost a pretty good job offer) (DAY 14)

AUG 3: I-130 Touched (DAY 18)

AUG 4: I-765 Touched (DAY 19)

AUG 9: Biometrics letter received (DAY 24)

AUG 10: Early Walk-in Biometrics done (DAY 25)

AUG 10: Congressman Rep informs me that my EAD Card is being processed (DAY 25)

AUG 11: EAD Card 1st order for production (DAY 26)

AUG 11: I-485 Touched (DAY 26)

AUG 13: I-765 2nd order for production (DAY 28)

AUG 16: I-765 EAD Approval letter sent (DAY 31) 1 month since I mailed my AOS pkg

AUG 17: I-765 Touched (DAY 32)

AUG 18: GOT EAD Card in the mail (DAY 33)

SEPT 11: Received Interview Letter in mail (DAY 57)

OCT 14: GREEN CARD INTERVIEW (DAY 90)-APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCT 23: GREEN CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL (DAY 99)

GOD'S WORK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, you're definitely not the first person who received a job offer while their EAD was still pending. Unfortunately in each of these cases I've read, their requests to have the EAD expedited were denied. They were all told they would need to get to the back of the line and wait like everyone else. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try, who knows, it may get you somewhere! I'm not sure if your previous status and the fact you are just renewing your EAD would make any difference. Our experiences here are mostly related to people adjusting status from a K-1, which is a little different than what you are doing. Good luck and let us know what happens!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Made a mistake, my package was sent in 7/16/2010 and received today 7/19/2010

JULY 16: Filed AOS forms

JULY 19: Received by USCIS (DAY 3)

JULY 23: Received Emails and Text Meassages (DAY 7)

JULY 26: Received I-797 in mail (DAY 10)

JULY 26: I-485 Touched (DAY 10)

JULY 30: Asked Local Congressman Rep for help in expediting EAD Card (I just lost a pretty good job offer) (DAY 14)

AUG 3: I-130 Touched (DAY 18)

AUG 4: I-765 Touched (DAY 19)

AUG 9: Biometrics letter received (DAY 24)

AUG 10: Early Walk-in Biometrics done (DAY 25)

AUG 10: Congressman Rep informs me that my EAD Card is being processed (DAY 25)

AUG 11: EAD Card 1st order for production (DAY 26)

AUG 11: I-485 Touched (DAY 26)

AUG 13: I-765 2nd order for production (DAY 28)

AUG 16: I-765 EAD Approval letter sent (DAY 31) 1 month since I mailed my AOS pkg

AUG 17: I-765 Touched (DAY 32)

AUG 18: GOT EAD Card in the mail (DAY 33)

SEPT 11: Received Interview Letter in mail (DAY 57)

OCT 14: GREEN CARD INTERVIEW (DAY 90)-APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCT 23: GREEN CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL (DAY 99)

GOD'S WORK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Made a mistake, my package was sent in 7/16/2010 and received today 7/19/2010

I sent my AOS package in at the beginning of June and still have not even recieved my biometerics appointment yet, so if you are not able to get an expedite, you will most likely be in for a wait of 3-4 months......It seems that processing for AOS and EAD is quite slow right now :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.