MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my green card today kicking.gif I'm off to SOS to get my driver's license tonight. I hope it works this time!

Congrats!

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my green card today kicking.gif I'm off to SOS to get my driver's license tonight. I hope it works this time!

Awesome! Fast wasn't it?

Let us know how the SOS goes with your license. And Social Security with your SSN!

The day after I got my greencard I went to the SSN office & I received my new SSN card this week.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Hey i have everything almost ready to send off my AOS package!! Still need 2-3 other things that my hubby will take care of this afternoon, so we can send it off tomorrow morning!!! woohooo!! :dance:

Do we need to re-apply for the SSN after receiving the green card? I thought once you apply when you have your K-1 visa you're good to go, no?

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Hey i have everything almost ready to send off my AOS package!! Still need 2-3 other things that my hubby will take care of this afternoon, so we can send it off tomorrow morning!!! woohooo!! :dance:

Do we need to re-apply for the SSN after receiving the green card? I thought once you apply when you have your K-1 visa you're good to go, no?

I've read that its a 'conditional' SSN. I think you have to remove the restrictions on it. They probably make it valid only until the date that your K1 would expire seeing as at the time of applying you aren't married yet. I recall someone saying that she had to go in and do that yet but she was putting it off for a bit...something about the SSN office being A-holes. lol

K-1 Journey

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Timeline

My bad, I was half right....I was reading and in the guide it says " Your card, when you receive it, will be marked with the words "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION" indicating to an employer that you must also have an unexpired EAD to be eligible to work."

so after you get your green card yes you would apply for an unrestricted SSN.

K-1 Journey

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

ROC Journey

Oh thanks!! I didn't know that hehe. I don't even have a SSN yet, i went to apply for it yesterday, they said it might take up to 4 weeks to receive (since i applied in my married name, they need to verify my name change). So on my AOS papers, i wrote that i don't have a SSN. I'm very excited to finally begin that AOS/EAD/AP journey!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Varba said they found it behind the water cooler and moved it somewhere else lol.

:lol: Nice. Good to see you have a sense of humor about it!

Two touches in two days, they must be doing something with it. Fingers crossed for you!

Sorry for the late reply back Ashen, I must have missed this last time I looked!

I explained the situation to Medisys in Montreal, and without any hesitation, the representative basically replied, "No, we can't do that." I didn't really ask why, especially because I figured that would be their answer anyway.

Thinking back to my POE, I did have a newbie officer, so I wonder if my medical fell through the cracks because of that. I guess I'll never know.

When you do get the results, if you can, send your reply "Express." It'll be there by 3 pm the next day. It cost $18 for me. My RFE got there yesterday and I received an e-mail today stating that they received my reply and my case is back to "processing." I think you'll be just fine with your timeline.

*hugs*

Thanks cdn_gewels.... I wish I could have had an appointment earlier. :( But the Dr. is going on vacation for 2 weeks, and another Dr. in a different office is on vacation for 1 month... uuuuugh... I haven't been able to get in touch with Dr. Seiden's office in Toronto (we've been playing phone tag for 2 days). But, I don't think it will make much difference, as the cost of them sending me another medical will probably be more than what I'd save by not getting the medical again... if that makes sense. lol Basically, it won't be cost effective or faster anyways.

Thanks for the encouragement. You can bet I'll be sending that stupid thing Express w/ a tracking #. lol I'm guessing the fact that I had a newbie-looking POE officer doing my case could also have been why my medical fell through. I'm considering writing a complaint letter to my POE station, but not sure it will do any good.

Also, can I selfishly say I'm glad this happened to you cause now I don't have to be the only one going through THEM messing up our files while watching everyone else breeze through in approvals. :lol: Thanks for taking one for the team!

so two touches in two days on my aos....still says initial review, and still no biometrics apt. wonder what they are doing to it.

quick question, when you get xfered to CSC, what happens with your EAD? does it get transfered too or does it stay?

No, I believe EAD stays put.

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Just sent my AOS application this morning... Another waiting period starts now! :wacko:

event.png

Timeline

Awesome! Fast wasn't it?

Let us know how the SOS goes with your license. And Social Security with your SSN!

The day after I got my greencard I went to the SSN office & I received my new SSN card this week.

Yes, I was so happy when it came. So this morning I go to Social Security office and the card is not verifying AGAIN! I'm not in the SAVE database. So I told them to delete my other attempts to change my name, like someone else mentioned here, and they deleted them but it wasn't verifying again. So they were going to send another verification request, and I said HOLD ON! I said I don't want to wait another month to get the verification done, I will come back in a week or so and try again. Maybe by then I'll be in the system. I can't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. I'm starting a new job at the end of August and I need to be able to drive there. I also went to SOS to try and get my driver's license, but no go until the name change goes through. I am just about at the end of my rope rofl.gif I want to call USCIS and see why I'm not in the SAVE database yet, but I can't seem to get a person on the line to talk to

0vi7t8.png

Timeline

Yes, I was so happy when it came. So this morning I go to Social Security office and the card is not verifying AGAIN! I'm not in the SAVE database. So I told them to delete my other attempts to change my name, like someone else mentioned here, and they deleted them but it wasn't verifying again. So they were going to send another verification request, and I said HOLD ON! I said I don't want to wait another month to get the verification done, I will come back in a week or so and try again. Maybe by then I'll be in the system. I can't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. I'm starting a new job at the end of August and I need to be able to drive there. I also went to SOS to try and get my driver's license, but no go until the name change goes through. I am just about at the end of my rope rofl.gif I want to call USCIS and see why I'm not in the SAVE database yet, but I can't seem to get a person on the line to talk to

When I went to the SSN office, they had to do a verification as well. It was the only way they said it could be processed, so I said fine. I got a letter from them THAT DAY detailing what they were doing. Then I got a letter in the mail saying I should receive my new card in 2 weeks....which I did.

With that letter (the one that says you should receive your new card - new name - in 2 weeks), you can take that to SOS to get your driver's license...that worked for me.

SO....its up to you on what you want to do. They may have your new name in they system in a week's time, but if you go back & let them do the verification thing, at least you know they're looking into it & if it all checks in OK, you'll get your card within a month.

Bit of a PITA.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline

When I went to the SSN office, they had to do a verification as well. It was the only way they said it could be processed, so I said fine. I got a letter from them THAT DAY detailing what they were doing. Then I got a letter in the mail saying I should receive my new card in 2 weeks....which I did.

With that letter (the one that says you should receive your new card - new name - in 2 weeks), you can take that to SOS to get your driver's license...that worked for me.

SO....its up to you on what you want to do. They may have your new name in they system in a week's time, but if you go back & let them do the verification thing, at least you know they're looking into it & if it all checks in OK, you'll get your card within a month.

Bit of a PITA.

I'm scared to do that because they've sent verification requests twice already. One in April, one a month ago when I got my EAD. I still haven't received any letters from them, and SS office doesn't have any information on it either. It's been a month today since I got my EAD and I went there and they sent verification request. I should have received that letter by now. That's why I'm worried that if I do send in another request, it will take more than a month and I'll be stuck with no driver's license and no way to get to work. I'm going to call USCIS and ask them why I'm not in the system yet, because I should be. Or how long it will take them to put me in the system. Once I'm in the SAVE database, it takes 24 hours for the name change to take effect and they will give me a driver's license.

0vi7t8.png

At least the AoS is much easier and faster than the Visa process. :thumbs:

Unless the dumba$$es LOSE your medical and give you an RFE and you have to do it all over again. Or your husband loses your job when you arrive in the US and you have to get a co-signer. Or the stupid POE forgets to give you an I-94. Oh what? Oh no, I'm not bitter... why do you ask?

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.