9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just read about this. What is this?

I have been waiting 5 months for Vermont to do their thing then after this is done I figure another 2-3 for her to get the medical and the interview and the visa. My next step was once that visa is in hand I'm putting her in a seat on the next flight to LAX. (love you baby)

Now I read that she needs to do a CFO? What's that? I gather it's some kind of seminar for foreign living seems a bit redundant since she's going to live with a foreigner but when in Rome, right? Anyway, what is this? How long does it take? Can she do that now while we are waiting around? Thanks for any feedback.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Whats a CFO?

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I think this link will clear at least some of your questions. It's for the Philipines but might as well apply to your case.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm

PEACE and good luck............

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Whats a CFO?

that's helpful. google it. the above poster did. OP- good luck!

Sorry for asking a question....my bad. Google never heard of it....STFU

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just read about this. What is this?

I have been waiting 5 months for Vermont to do their thing then after this is done I figure another 2-3 for her to get the medical and the interview and the visa. My next step was once that visa is in hand I'm putting her in a seat on the next flight to LAX. (love you baby)

Now I read that she needs to do a CFO? What's that? I gather it's some kind of seminar for foreign living seems a bit redundant since she's going to live with a foreigner but when in Rome, right? Anyway, what is this? How long does it take? Can she do that now while we are waiting around? Thanks for any feedback.

I hope this answers your question GD21

Dear Dr. Angelie H. Espiritu,

Greetings from the Center for Overseas Workers! Thank you for emailing regarding your inquiry.

As a fiancee of a foreign national, you need to attend the Guidance and Counseling session for Filipino fiance/es, spouses and other partners of foreign nationals. Our counseling schedule is Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 1:30 p.m. respectively. PDOS is already integrated with the counseling session.

You may attend the session even before your appoitnment with the US Embassy and a Certitifcate of Attendance and the CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate will be issued after the session. The CFO registration sticker would only be stamped in your passport when you already have your visa.

If without visa yet, you need to present two valid Identification cards for registration. Only the following IDs are accepted: Passport, NBI clearance, SSS digitalized ID, PRC ID, Voter's ID and Birth Certificate on security paper issued by the NSO.

If a visa has been issued, you need to present your passport with 3 photocopies of the passport and 3 copies of visa. If previously married, a copy of an annulment paper may be required and if foreign partner is previously married, a divorce paper may also be required.

We hope you find the above information useful.

Warm regards.

Very truly yours,

Sr. M. Bernadette C. Guzman, RGS

Executive Director

St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation

Mr. and Mrs. Jaime Ferdinand Espiritu

request the honor of your presence

at the marriage of their daughter

Angelie Helena

to

Gregory William Preston

Thursday, the Fifth of November

Two Thousand and Nine

at Six O'clock in the Evening

Preston Estate

Wetherington Drive, Cincinnati

Whats a CFO?

all you did was ask the same question the OP did. have patience and be careful cursing at me through acronyms in a non-OT thread.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Whats a CFO?
all you did was ask the same question the OP did. have patience and be careful cursing at me through acronyms in a non-OT thread.

All you did was not answer the question again and again, and then chastise the member. If you are going to answer someone asking a question either say you have no idea or give info. Telling someone to "google it" is #######, and when they say they did it and all you say is chastisement is ####### too. :whistle:

moving right along

Guidance and Counseling Services

Per Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Order 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs as a pre-requisite to the issuance of passports.

The objective of this program is to help Filipino fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals make informed decisions regarding their marriage to foreign nationals and to prepare them for their adjustments in cross-cultural marriages.

Among others, Filipino fiancé(e)s and spouses are provided with the following information:

Migration laws affecting them;

Welfare and support services available abroad;

Rights of migrants overseas; and

Coping up with problematic or difficult domestic situations.

Registration and

Counseling Schedule

CFO Manila

CFO Cebu

I went to PRISM for my guidance and councelling and it took me 3 hours and they will give you the certificate,and then went to the CFO office for the sticker for my passpot and took me for an hour and half...tell your fiance dont forget to bring 1 photos of you together,copy of fiance passport and they gonna ask the fiance middle name..goodluck!!!

= Lifting Conditional Status =

=TIMELINE=

June 01, 2012 = Date Filed

2uy0dqv9l9c.png

[GOD,i thank you so much for answering my prayers..Thank you so much...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.