Inky

I-134 income question

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My finace is in the military ( income line 100% )

His 2008 W-2 and tax papers list 10,008,98 as gross income. I dont know how i just realized this...

on the afidavit he put 40,000. Which is his new income with pay raises from promotions and such.

He sent me 4 recent pay stubs which total over 12,000 in 4 months for payment.

Im not sure what else to get or what else i can do to rectifie this issue of proof quickly before the interview in august.

Im going to get him to send another paystub for june and see if he can get one for july. He lives in base housing, his car is on a lease and hes getting rid of his car soon. His bank account doesnt have alot in it so he cant use that as proof. He also cant get a co-sponcer.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I think this thread applies: Current year income vs Previous tax year income

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=209166

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

it sort of does..

On one of his more recent pay stubs ( military pay sheet ) it says YTD near the bottom section with over 16,000 listed.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

My fiance is also military.

Because he has been deployed repeatedly over the last 3.5 years his income tax forms show a very small amount as his "combat pay" is basically non-taxable. So I was worrying about this too. But take a look at his W-2's, if he has been deployed, there should be in box 12 the letter Q and a $ amount. Also in box 3 & 5 are his medicare wages and Social Security wages which also count as his income. When all is added up, it will/should amount to what his affidavit reads. He could also request his year end pay stub, from mypay (1040).

Also, when you go for your interview, and they ask for his tax return, also give them the w-2's and his 1040. State that he is military and had a large non-taxable amount, so for gross income look at his w-2's and 1040.

Hope this helps.

PS: just make sure to go over the w-2's with your fiance so that you understand all the blocks, codes and numbers, so you can clarify if there is confusion.

Timeline

Thanks when he gets back from his flight tonite hopefully hes not to angry and we can try the mypay year end thing and he can explain to me the W-2s

Thanks when he gets back from his flight tonite hopefully hes not to angry and we can try the mypay year end thing and he can explain to me the W-2s

Just try and calm yourself with knowing that we are not the only ones to have fiance's in the military, the consulate has interviewed. When you tell your fiance that you need to review what everything means on the W-2, just let him know, it is so you feel more comfortable in the interview you know exactly how he came up with the amount he wrote on his affidavit. He should be more than happy to help you with that.

Cheers

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If his annualized 2009 pay is 40K or thereabouts and it is supported by the paystubs you are in fine shape.

It's not year to date earnings but the amount that will be earned by year's end. The most recent paystubs possible are best. Along with the "employment" letter from his branch of the military.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Inky, I forgot to also put this in my last reply...

It is very possible, with military admin offices/officers so busy that unlike someone who works in a small office etc who can go to their manager and have them tally up their years total previous pay, that military admin, looked at his rank and tallied up what someone at his rank would make including base pay, housing pay, benefits and any other pay that he may be intitiled to with his job titile. and wrote this as his annual salary. So there may be a bit of a fluctuation from his w-2's and employment letter. If this is the case, just explain to the consulate that the admin officers put on his employment letter the total amount someone at his rank earns annually.

The military does not have the time to sit down and pull-up all of his records and to calculate his specific w-2 totals with variances etc for his employment letter, they are not a small business etc, who's manager or owner can do this. They 99% of the time look at the pay scale and write that in the employment letter, which would be why his affidavit is a much higher amount than his last year's w-2's due to a promotion this year.

Timeline

he doesn't have an employment letter

I just have his tax forms w-2s and pay stubs

he keeps saying don't worry about it and isn't going to get a letter from his supo cus i don't need one.

edit i have like 6-7 of his pay stubs

Edited by Inky

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

USCIS does have a military hotline hat may be able to give you some help / confirmation. Here is a link to an info page in the VJ Wiki Military Family Info

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My finace is in the military ( income line 100% )

His 2008 W-2 and tax papers list 10,008,98 as gross income. I dont know how i just realized this...

on the afidavit he put 40,000. Which is his new income with pay raises from promotions and such.

He sent me 4 recent pay stubs which total over 12,000 in 4 months for payment.

Im not sure what else to get or what else i can do to rectifie this issue of proof quickly before the interview in august.

Im going to get him to send another paystub for june and see if he can get one for july. He lives in base housing, his car is on a lease and hes getting rid of his car soon. His bank account doesnt have alot in it so he cant use that as proof. He also cant get a co-sponcer.

And the issue is what? His check stubs prove he makes enough. He made less last year. And?

My bank letter says I deposited more than double what I stated was my earnings from my job, because I did not include in the affidavit any earnings except from my w-2 and my tax return shows a different amount for total income, and what? No problems. He verifies his income is far above that needed, you are good to go.

Nothing about his car matters, they do not care. Nothing about his bank matters, they do not care. He has sufficient income.

Incidentally if he recieves a "housing allowance" that can be included in his income.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
it sort of does..

On one of his more recent pay stubs ( military pay sheet ) it says YTD near the bottom section with over 16,000 listed.

YTD doesn't count for squat, it is CURRENT ANNUAL INCOME that matters and he is way above what he needs.

If you earned $3000 last year as a student, $1500 until June of this year and then got a job paying $60,000 per year...what is your current annual income if you fill out the I-134 TODAY? $60,000.00

You have no worrries. Employement letters are optional, so are bank letters. Attach check stubs and last years tax return and sleep well.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.