Lý Trinh

Interview Completed @ 11 AM on July 24, 2009

36 posts in this topic

Timeline
There have been many posts recently about timelines in HCM. They are just about a requirement now to get a visa in Vietnam. I would recommend to all petitioners to prepare a detailed timeline for your spouse or fiance(e) in advance.

There has also been some talk in the last couple of weeks about "timelines" and "detailed timelines". I have never seen any reference in any blue slip from a CO asking for a "simple timeline". Look at the language used in Ly Trinh's blue slip. It is exactly the same as every other request for a timeline. They want to know the details of your relationship. Not every minute of every day but the important aspects of how your relationship began and grew over time.

It is true that some are not asked for a timeline. Good for them. But those who are asked need to provide this detailed information. You will be wise to prepare your SO with the timeline in advance so that she has the best chance to get PINK at the first interview.

Dai, no offense, but preparing a timeline of your relationship after the interview does not make sense to me. The interview has no affect whatsoever on the history and evolution of your relationship, which is what the timeline is for. If other information is needed, they will ask for it and you can provide it but putting the answers to the questions from the interview into your timeline is not necessary in my opinion and not what the CO is asking for.

Create a detailed timeline of your relationship and prep your SO well for the interview so she knows the answers to the questions when they ask her. And if you have an ex-wife, prepare the paperwork about that in advance as well. Your objective should be to get the PINK at the first interview not to use it as a reconnaissance mission to gather intel for the next try.

All of the keys to a successful interview in HCM are in these posts. The questions are all here, the information about what is needed in the timeline is here, information about ex-wife data is here. If you are going to spend time in this forum, you would be wise to take the learnings of those before you and do what is needed to get the PINK. It works.

Ly Trinh: You are almost there. One more hoop to jump through and she will be going home with you. Good luck!

Of course since you are the expert and know exactly what needs to be done then by all means make sure you guide this couple and get them the pink.

I knew I had several red flags and that timeline would be needed and waited till after the interview to send it. I had one made up and she even had it with her and told her to submit it if they asked for it. They did not and the blue asked for that and a list of relatives in the states. As we were making the list up and getting the info for it I made a new timeline or just added it two things from the interview to make sure the interview and timeline came together more. One was to add the exact date from where I did an approximate before and something I added that was not there before and then went and notarized it as I knew they would want a notarized date from AFTER the interview. (Or assumed they did)

My timeline was a detailed timeline but it was not even a full page long. I just put in any major milestones along the way and left it at that. There is no need to fluff up the timeline and add or put in not needed stuff. Never give them info that is not needed. The less said the better. Never volunteer anything to just make a long timeline.

Now to each their own but Dai and I and many others have somehow gotten the pink and have our babes here so maybe we got lucky and all. Just maybe when he or others that have gone through it may know something to help but of course each has to do what they think is needed for their own case.

luckytxn, I never said that I was any more of an expert than the rest of the folks on here. I am sharing my opinion and trying to do it in a professional way. I am offering advice that makes sense to me, just exactly the way that you are. At times I don't agree with you or others. I think that's ok. Any reader can take advice from several of us here and decide for him or herself what makes sense. Every case is different and none of us ever know all the details of any case other than our own.

To be clear, I have never stated that the timeline needs to be any particular length. Mine was very long only because I had been to Vietnam many times and had those events to share. Again, each petitioner is different and each case is different. But the blue slips always ask for a detailed timeline with particular information. I am only urging petitioners to avoid simplifying the timeline to the point that it does not provide the information that the consulate is looking for.

Understood and I am suggesting to SIMPLIFY the timeline as much as possible AND have all that is asked and the major milestones only. I have now seen several times someone saying a 5-10 page timeline is needed. If one has many major milestones and many years and all then I can see maybe and just maybe a timeline needed that long but the ones that are now reading on what is needed and sees the info for the timeline is going to think that a 5-10 page timeline is needed and start fluffing the heck out of it and add many things not needed to try to get to that 5-10 pages. This is crazy in my opinion. My timeline was very brief and to the point and LESS than a page. Somehow we got the pink.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My wife interview everything okay, but the CO asking for the detail timeline, i have the timeline ready and gave it to my wife but the CO says that my wife has to do the detail timeline not the one that i that my wife bring it in. Here the BlueSlip see attachment.

Whoever going to interview be prepare for the detail timeline ... like 5 to 10 pages of statement of relationship.

Dont loose hope. I think everything will work out for you and your spouce.

JNR

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
There have been many posts recently about timelines in HCM. They are just about a requirement now to get a visa in Vietnam. I would recommend to all petitioners to prepare a detailed timeline for your spouse or fiance(e) in advance.

There has also been some talk in the last couple of weeks about "timelines" and "detailed timelines". I have never seen any reference in any blue slip from a CO asking for a "simple timeline". Look at the language used in Ly Trinh's blue slip. It is exactly the same as every other request for a timeline. They want to know the details of your relationship. Not every minute of every day but the important aspects of how your relationship began and grew over time.

It is true that some are not asked for a timeline. Good for them. But those who are asked need to provide this detailed information. You will be wise to prepare your SO with the timeline in advance so that she has the best chance to get PINK at the first interview.

Dai, no offense, but preparing a timeline of your relationship after the interview does not make sense to me. The interview has no affect whatsoever on the history and evolution of your relationship, which is what the timeline is for. If other information is needed, they will ask for it and you can provide it but putting the answers to the questions from the interview into your timeline is not necessary in my opinion and not what the CO is asking for.

Create a detailed timeline of your relationship and prep your SO well for the interview so she knows the answers to the questions when they ask her. And if you have an ex-wife, prepare the paperwork about that in advance as well. Your objective should be to get the PINK at the first interview not to use it as a reconnaissance mission to gather intel for the next try.

All of the keys to a successful interview in HCM are in these posts. The questions are all here, the information about what is needed in the timeline is here, information about ex-wife data is here. If you are going to spend time in this forum, you would be wise to take the learnings of those before you and do what is needed to get the PINK. It works.

Ly Trinh: You are almost there. One more hoop to jump through and she will be going home with you. Good luck!

hi check yoru PMs I sent you mine, fixed and updated, almost. if you could just take one more look at it! :D Thx

LOVESIG3.jpg

hi check yoru PMs I sent you mine, fixed and updated, almost. if you could just take one more look at it! :D Thx

joseph, I never got it. send it again if you want me to look at it or you can e-mail it to me. Thanks

Timeline

Now I understood what all your guys meant the "detailed timeline". That "detailed timeline" needs to be wrote by both sides and submit to USCIS at beginning. If your fiancee doesn't know how to write in English, here is the example for her:

"I would like to make this declaration regarding my relationship with my fiance,...... (fiance's name)

1. Nowadays, internet is very common for people to use as a communication means to talk and send emails to their friends, to study, to look for a friend, to send emails for business, to work, etc... (fiance's name) and I met and got to know each other on internet. It was happened when I wanted to (learn English, look for some friends, enjoy the free time) on internet ... in ... (month and year)

2. In ... (month and year), he was... (his career).

Say the reason why your fiance wrote to you (or chat with you)

3. After the first conversation, we still kept in touch by email (chat) .......

4. Finally, he had a chance to go to Vietnam for business / vacation on (day-month-year).... We was very happy to have this big chance to meet together.

5. During this (years and months), from (month-year) to (month-year), it was the period of time we started to love and study more about our mutual love. We had time to get to know and understand more about each other through the internet line, email, chat, phone calls..

6. In (month-year)..., by the phone conversation / his trip to Vietnam, we confirmed our love after a period of time of styding about our lives and developing our relationship. Our ceremony was on .... with the attendance of more than ... (number) relatives and friends of both sides.

7. I hope that the above explanation helps you understand more about the details of our relationship.

Yours sincerely,

Name (in Vietnamese: “Name”) and signed."

I hope it could help for the couples who are beginning their process.

Timeline
Now I understood what all your guys meant the "detailed timeline". That "detailed timeline" needs to be wrote by both sides and submit to USCIS at beginning. If your fiancee doesn't know how to write in English, here is the example for her:

"I would like to make this declaration regarding my relationship with my fiance,...... (fiance's name)

1. Nowadays, internet is very common for people to use as a communication means to talk and send emails to their friends, to study, to look for a friend, to send emails for business, to work, etc... (fiance's name) and I met and got to know each other on internet. It was happened when I wanted to (learn English, look for some friends, enjoy the free time) on internet ... in ... (month and year)

2. In ... (month and year), he was... (his career).

Say the reason why your fiance wrote to you (or chat with you)

3. After the first conversation, we still kept in touch by email (chat) .......

4. Finally, he had a chance to go to Vietnam for business / vacation on (day-month-year).... We was very happy to have this big chance to meet together.

5. During this (years and months), from (month-year) to (month-year), it was the period of time we started to love and study more about our mutual love. We had time to get to know and understand more about each other through the internet line, email, chat, phone calls..

6. In (month-year)..., by the phone conversation / his trip to Vietnam, we confirmed our love after a period of time of styding about our lives and developing our relationship. Our ceremony was on .... with the attendance of more than ... (number) relatives and friends of both sides.

7. I hope that the above explanation helps you understand more about the details of our relationship.

Yours sincerely,

Name (in Vietnamese: “Name”) and signed."

I hope it could help for the couples who are beginning their process.

One more sentence at the end:

"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that this statement is true."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.