sofijordan

Can I transfer my file toanother consulate???

24 posts in this topic

Not to be a wet blanket, but you should probably accept the fact that your interview isn't going to be when you'd hoped it would be. The consulate isn't going to bump you up ahead of other deserving people who are on a waiting list just like you.

The timelines are what they are....not that you shouldn't try, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's a long wait for everyone and frequently very inconvenient.

well actually they do bump up people ahead believe I just received somebodys private message and yes they got their interview date really sonner than it was supposed to be .

Good luck to you!

In the "K1 People Waiting for an Interview Thread" someone just emailed the Consulate and was told that August is full for interviews and that they are scheduling September interviews soon.

And also, INKY got an August interview fast because of a military expedite. They take those very seriously.... and miltary expedites are the only people I've ever seen get an interview within 2-4 weeks. Everyone else waited at least 6 weeks after sending back Packet 3. Just telling you this so you are realistic.

Hope it all works out for you.

thanks for your reply, who s INKY? member? cause the person I talked to was not in the military. But anyway Ill just try to contact them it wont hurt right? and see if it works I hope so ...

One can always ask, doesn't hurt, all they can do is say no!
thanks, exactly it wont hurt so Ill just give it a try I guess they can just say no

Yes, INKY is another member. Search for their name in the Member section atop this page, and you should find them and be able to send a message.

It's annoying that people in the Canada forum would send other people PM's about issues or procedures that they've circumvented or done that's different that what we've posted. This ends up not benefiting anyone other than them, or whomever they choose to PM.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Not to be a wet blanket, but you should probably accept the fact that your interview isn't going to be when you'd hoped it would be. The consulate isn't going to bump you up ahead of other deserving people who are on a waiting list just like you.

The timelines are what they are....not that you shouldn't try, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's a long wait for everyone and frequently very inconvenient.

well actually they do bump up people ahead believe I just received somebodys private message and yes they got their interview date really sonner than it was supposed to be .

Good luck to you!

In the "K1 People Waiting for an Interview Thread" someone just emailed the Consulate and was told that August is full for interviews and that they are scheduling September interviews soon.

And also, INKY got an August interview fast because of a military expedite. They take those very seriously.... and miltary expedites are the only people I've ever seen get an interview within 2-4 weeks. Everyone else waited at least 6 weeks after sending back Packet 3. Just telling you this so you are realistic.

Hope it all works out for you.

thanks for your reply, who s INKY? member? cause the person I talked to was not in the military. But anyway Ill just try to contact them it wont hurt right? and see if it works I hope so ...

One can always ask, doesn't hurt, all they can do is say no!
thanks, exactly it wont hurt so Ill just give it a try I guess they can just say no

Yes, INKY is another member. Search for their name in the Member section atop this page, and you should find them and be able to send a message.

It's annoying that people in the Canada forum would send other people PM's about issues or procedures that they've circumvented or done that's different that what we've posted. This ends up not benefiting anyone other than them, or whomever they choose to PM.

thanks, I actually did put the issue out here on the forum but yeah Ive received PMs how to get them to give an interview sooner, Im not complainning and thanked those people dearly but I understand that It might annoyting to others I guess...

I'm not blaming you. I put it out there so that whomever DID PM you, would perhaps say something. I'm sure you know this is a "self-help" board, and the information here is from members who are going through, or have been through the process. It's just that IF there is a way to jump the line, then anyone should be aware of it. Everyone believes their reason for doing this is a good one, I'm sure.

Perhaps they don't want to put it out there that they did it, as I'm sure those that are waiting would be annoyed, and rightly so.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

lol, I'm a big beliver in free speech, if ya dont want to tell someone, you dont have to! lol I'm just saying,lol In some instances I'm sure some people have stretched the truth a bit about their situation (of course not saying cdns,lol) and they dont want to broadcast that to everyone!! Each thier own. Not trying to ruffle anyones feathers!! Just saying :jest:

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

lol, I'm a big beliver in free speech, if ya dont want to tell someone, you dont have to! lol I'm just saying,lol In some instances I'm sure some people have stretched the truth a bit about their situation (of course not saying cdns,lol) and they dont want to broadcast that to everyone!! Each thier own. Not trying to ruffle anyones feathers!! Just saying :jest:

I understand that. Someone did that in another thread here, but came back and kind of said why they did it. Think it was the Gardisil thread. I also know that on at least one occassion in the K-1 forum, someone posted PM's to someone about their situation, which the person took and did, and they ended up getting a denial. We can't protect everyone, so I guess it's just up to the OP whether to take information on a PM as the truth.

I can see your point though flames. Ruffle away!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I understand that. Someone did that in another thread here, but came back and kind of said why they did it. Think it was the Gardisil thread. I also know that on at least one occassion in the K-1 forum, someone posted PM's to someone about their situation, which the person took and did, and they ended up getting a denial. We can't protect everyone, so I guess it's just up to the OP whether to take information on a PM as the truth.

BUT,now i see another side, that I, the highly intelligent, super good looking guy that I am, didnt even think about---people Pm'ing the wrong information!! Point carla!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

BUT,now i see another side, that I, the highly intelligent, super good looking guy that I am, didnt even think about---people Pm'ing the wrong information!! Point carla!!

:lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

We cdns are such modest people,lol if ya can't laugh at urself, than who can u laugh at!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We cdns are such modest people,lol if ya can't laugh at urself, than who can u laugh at!!

at the Americans?....oops, don't send me hate mail...just kidding

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.