johnj

Russia Forum; May-August K1/K3 Filers

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
.... I am returning to see my sweetheart October; hopefully we will have NOA2 by them. ...

I am hoping for final approval in February 2010

Your stories?

John, could you tell us based on what source of information you count on October, please? I will explain my interest - we submitted our documents almost same day that you did but our bravest expectation was December. But even that now seems to have been too brave to expect. A call to the guys in the USCIS disturbed us quite a bit - a nice woman said that they are now only processing papers from... (make sure you are seating) December 30th... 2008 :blink: . Feeling sort of being blown by a truck after that talk, to be honest, so any hope, good news, positive signs , etc are highly needed! :)

Current time frame for NOA2 processing in Vermont is about 144 days, or a little less than five months. Application received June, I expect NOA2 in October or November. Yes, early October is a bit optimistic. Yes, some applications are held up pending FBI checks or some other snafu but most are being processed in the 144 day time frame.

As others have said, look at Igor's List for Vermont, you can see they are now approving applications that were submitted in early to mid March (little over 4 months).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
.... I am returning to see my sweetheart October; hopefully we will have NOA2 by them. ...

Your stories?

John, could you tell us based on what source of information you count on October, please? I will explain my interest - we submitted our documents almost same day that you did but our bravest expectation was December. But even that now seems to have been too brave to expect. A call to the guys in the USCIS disturbed us quite a bit - a nice woman said that they are now only processing papers from... (make sure you are seating) December 30th... 2008 :blink: . Feeling sort of being blown by a truck after that talk, to be honest, so any hope, good news, positive signs , etc are highly needed! :)

Current time frame for NOA2 processing in Vermont is about 144 days, or a little less than five months. Application received June, I expect NOA2 in October or November. Yes, early October is a bit optimistic. Yes, some applications are held up pending FBI checks or some other snafu but most are being processed in the 144 day time frame.

As others have said, look at Igor's List for Vermont, you can see they are now approving applications that were submitted in early to mid March (little over 4 months).

Don't forget folks that NOA2 is not the end. You need then to add 2-4 weeks for NVC processing and then about 2 more months for the interview to be scheduled. My timeline tracked just slightly less overall than Igor's.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Your stories?

Don't forget folks that NOA2 is not the end. You need then to add 2-4 weeks for NVC processing and then about 2 more months for the interview to be scheduled. My timeline tracked just slightly less overall than Igor's.

Of course, but getting out of Vermont is a big step

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.