1,945 posts in this topic

I got a touch today ................ COME ON ALREADY --- THIS IS THE 3RD ...... GIVE THE APPROVAL BEFORE I PASS OUT!!!!!!

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
I got a touch today ................ COME ON ALREADY --- THIS IS THE 3RD ...... GIVE THE APPROVAL BEFORE I PASS OUT!!!!!!

Malarie

Hopefully tonight you will get your NOA2!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Thanks for the words of support. Talked to our attorney and he said the same thing, that ap could mean that they are just getting our paperwork together to send off. Which is probably the case. His response was,"Eh, dont worry about it, you have me and I sue them atleast 100 times a year." :rofl: Thats the main reason I hired him, he was referred to me from a friend of mine that use to work for immigration. So he is well known over there and they dont like to mess with him to much from what she told me, lol.

#()^*!!! We are in AP too. If it's not taken care of in the next week I'll be asking for that attorney's number. I am so upset right now.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

Malarie

....and i should add... And hopefully some day in the near future!!! before i'm old and grey i'll get my stupid noa2!

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well called NVC friday and they told me they hadnt received it yet... So today I call again and they say they received it late friday afternoon and sent it today to Morocco.. So the usual time to get there is 2-3 days! I am so happy its moving along! I hope everyone elses getting going and we are all with our loves soon!!! MUCH LOVE FOR EVERYONE!! (L)(L)(L)(L)

POE at JFK:01-26-2010

Wedding:02-03-2010

Filed AOS: 11-22-2010

AOS Accepted: 12-08-2010

NOA1 for AOS & EAD: 12-11-2010

Received Biometrics Appt: 12-16-2010

Biometrics Appt: 01-05-2011

Transferred to CSC: 01-13-2011

EAD Approved: 02-11-2011

EAD Received: 02-22-2011

AOS Approved: 03-07-2011

AOS Received: 03-14-2011

Malarie

....and i should add... And hopefully some day in the near future!!! before i'm old and grey i'll get my stupid noa2!

I have a feeling you are going to recieve your NOA2 in the mail without any touches on the online system .... That's my feeling!!!

I hope you get it soon!!! This waiting really bites!! :blush:

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Timeline

Malarie

I have a feeling you are going to recieve your NOA2 in the mail without any touches on the online system .... That's my feeling!!!

I hope soooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::bonk:

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

:huh:

Malarie

IM DYING HERE CSC..................................... I WONDER IF THERE HAS EVER BEEN A STUDY PERFORMED TO SEE WHAT PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE IN THE VISA PROCESS END UP HAVING TO SEEK PSYCHIATRIC ASSISTANCE (... just a little joke not meant to offend anyone!!!)

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Still waiting for our NOA2. I hope we can get it before Friday, since her birthday is this weekend. Bets birthday present ever. :)

My Fiance: GuardianAngel

K-1 Visa Timeline:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent: July 23, 2009

Check Cashed: July 29, 2009

NOA1: July 28, 2009

NOA2: October 21, 2009

Left NVC: October 28, 2009

Medical Passed: December 15/16, 2009

Interview Passed: January 19th, 2010

Air21 Confirmation: January 25, 2010

Visa received: January 26, 2010

CFO Completed: January 27th, 2010

Flight to US: Febuary 3rd, 2010

MARRIED!: March 20th, 2010

AOS Timeline:

AOS, EAD, AP Filed: April 29, 2010

AOS, EAD, AP NOA1: May 6th, 2010

EAD, AP Biometrics: May 25th, 2010

Still waiting for our NOA2. I hope we can get it before Friday, since her birthday is this weekend. Bets birthday present ever. :)

Crossing fingers for you guys!!!

Timeline
:huh:

Malarie

IM DYING HERE CSC..................................... I WONDER IF THERE HAS EVER BEEN A STUDY PERFORMED TO SEE WHAT PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE IN THE VISA PROCESS END UP HAVING TO SEEK PSYCHIATRIC ASSISTANCE (... just a little joke not meant to offend anyone!!!)

That's funny!!!! Because through this process I have been come the following:

1. Really intolerable to my family and significant other;

2. I don't know what patience means anymore;

3. I am constantly living in the future - in a state of dreaming - which pretty much is not conducive to getting stuff done in the now;

3. I have become extremely neurotic;

4. I sleep with my Blackberry in hopes that maybe USCIS will text me in the middle of night (and hopefully not a mean text);

5. I'm very anxious;

6. I drive people I don't even know crazy (Please see all prior posts);

7. And I have developed OCD patterns (specifically to vj and uscis and checking the phone a gazillion amount of times a day);

8. And I have major mood swings (one minute optimistic and one minute down right feelings of depression)

:wacko:

That's only a quick and brief list!

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm ready for some psychological help. Marie??? Thanks!!! ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I know it seems interminable, but all July filers who have NOT received their NOA2 are still in the USCIS's timeframe for NOA2. I know that is easy to say, since I got mine in 66 days, but I prepared myself from the beginning to not see NOA2 for 4-5 months and I was VERY pleasantly surprised to receive it earlier. Why do some get their NOA2 earlier (or later) than others? My immigration attorney, who has handled over 8000 applications had this to say:

" Another thing - even though the USCIS says that it processes all cases in order of their arrival at the Service Center, we know from long experience that this is not true. Once petitions are logged into the Service Center’s computer system, they are moved to storage rooms while they await transfer to an examiner’s desk. The petitions are sometimes pulled from the room out of sequence (simply due to poor quality controls). At other times, cases wait on an examiner’s desk while the examiner is on vacation. We created Transparent Office to address this problem. It lets you look at trends so you can get a better sense of where your case fits in within the big picture. Your case may still be pending after a case from our office was approved even though it arrived in the USCIS after yours (‘why did someone’s case get approved before mine even though mine was submitted earlier?” is the question we sometimes hear), or our case may be approved before another case in our office that arrived in the USCIS earlier than yours did (the lucky client never complains :)). If your case is seriously off the trends (more than two weeks), give us a ring (we are watching these type cases anyway). If not, don’t be concerned that there is anything wrong with your case. You may just have gotten a little bit of bad luck. Divergences between the fastest times and the slowest times are rarely more than three weeks.We will advise you immediately as soon as we receive your approval notice. You will also receive a copy of the Approval Notice (Form I-797C). Please send us an email letting us know when you receive it."

But good luck anyway to everyone.

5/20/08 Met through a mutual friend in Medellin

7/02/08 - 10/27/08 Visited 5 times

12/08/08 6th Visit Medellin (gave "Promise" ring to be exclusive)

1/22/09 - 6/21/09 4 more visits. 6/22/09 GOT ENGAGED!

7/25/09 11th Visit Met in Panama

9/19/09 12th Visit Met in Medellin for Dial Del Amor y Amistad

6/23-7/21 Gathered paperwork and applied for I-129F 7/24/09 USCIS acknowledges Receipt of I-129F application NOA1

9/28/09 NOA2 received!!! Only 66 days! 10/02/09 NSC Received and completed Application and sent to Bogota

10/02/09 Embassy received application (my lawyer is two weeks behind informing me - time line information learned on 10/15/09)

10/09/09 Embassy sent out Package 3 10/15/09 Package 3 not received - downloaded forms from website.

10/16/09 Submitted DS-2100 and Ds-230 to apply for interview date. 10/23/09 Received Interview date (had to call DOS)

12/09/09 Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/07/10 Arrived in Miami, cleared Immigration with no problems. Arrived in Charlotte to a freaking cold spell 55 degrees colder than Dora has ever experienced.

Timeline
I know it seems interminable, but all July filers who have NOT received their NOA2 are still in the USCIS's timeframe for NOA2. I know that is easy to say, since I got mine in 66 days, but I prepared myself from the beginning to not see NOA2 for 4-5 months and I was VERY pleasantly surprised to receive it earlier. Why do some get their NOA2 earlier (or later) than others? My immigration attorney, who has handled over 8000 applications had this to say:

" Another thing - even though the USCIS says that it processes all cases in order of their arrival at the Service Center, we know from long experience that this is not true. Once petitions are logged into the Service Center’s computer system, they are moved to storage rooms while they await transfer to an examiner’s desk. The petitions are sometimes pulled from the room out of sequence (simply due to poor quality controls). At other times, cases wait on an examiner’s desk while the examiner is on vacation. We created Transparent Office to address this problem. It lets you look at trends so you can get a better sense of where your case fits in within the big picture. Your case may still be pending after a case from our office was approved even though it arrived in the USCIS after yours (‘why did someone’s case get approved before mine even though mine was submitted earlier?” is the question we sometimes hear), or our case may be approved before another case in our office that arrived in the USCIS earlier than yours did (the lucky client never complains :)). If your case is seriously off the trends (more than two weeks), give us a ring (we are watching these type cases anyway). If not, don’t be concerned that there is anything wrong with your case. You may just have gotten a little bit of bad luck. Divergences between the fastest times and the slowest times are rarely more than three weeks.We will advise you immediately as soon as we receive your approval notice. You will also receive a copy of the Approval Notice (Form I-797C). Please send us an email letting us know when you receive it."

But good luck anyway to everyone.

Yes - USCIS website states 5 months - but that is probably just to give them room to take extra time. When most are approved in less than anticipated time and yours isn't it is a hard pill to swallow. On top of that, when stats for your beneficiary's country are not great it is also another hard pill to swallow. But thank you for your post! It helps me put things in perspective. I always thought, CSC employees spent their day at the beach ;) It wouldn't be a bad place to spend looking through fiance apps and reading the love stories all day long!!

On another note, I wouldn't mind going to my local office and helping them organize the files in some kind of chronological order! lol.

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Another Bit of info on what happens in the "black hole" of the Service Centers. this information is from my Attorney's website where they track their clients.

"This feature of our proprietary program is the least understood by clients before filing their K-1, and the most appreciated after filing. It is completely unique among immigration law firms. To understand the feature, a little background is in order. When the USCIS receives an application, the basic data is entered into a computer, a receipt number and notice to the attorney is sent, and then the case is placed in a waiting room with hundreds or even thousands of other similar petitions waiting to be moved to an examiners desk (the examiner needs only about 10 minutes to review the case). Waiting times change over time because backlogs occur and also because K-1 examiners periodically get pulled off K-1 cases for "special projects". The USCIS does, however, periodically state the date of the most recently reviewed case. It's available on their web site. The problem with this published date arises from the fact that the USCIS pulls cases from the waiting rooms in a more or less random manner, which can make the I-129F "current date" misleading by weeks or worse. Your case may have been submitted on April 1, but the USCIS happened to pull a case that arrived in the room much sooner or later than your case. So, trends must be monitored. We do this by showing our clients all our clients' wait times (anonymously, of course) so that you can watch these very important trends and obtain far better information for predicting when your individual petition should be approved. Our clients love it! "

Case ID Submitted Approved Wait Days

11277180 02/27/09 08/04/09 158

11276414 03/06/09 08/17/09 164

11277972 03/06/09 08/16/09 163

11288616 03/06/09 08/17/09 164

11289383 03/09/09 08/23/09 167

11288440 03/18/09 08/12/09 147

1128891 03/24/09 08/19/09 148

11286493 03/26/09 08/28/09 155

11289576 04/03/09 08/14/09 133

11292798 04/07/09 08/26/09 141

11293824 04/10/09 08/20/09 132

11289953 04/14/09 09/11/09 150

11291935 04/15/09 08/21/09 128

11289903 04/17/09 08/31/09 136

11290433 05/05/09 09/11/09 129

11292964 05/05/09 09/22/09 140

11287693 05/05/09 09/16/09 134

11274162 05/14/09 09/09/09 118

11292838 05/14/09 09/08/09 117

11293662 05/14/09 09/11/09 120

11294141 05/29/09 09/08/09 102

1128865 05/29/09 09/17/09 111

11294410 05/29/09 09/15/09 109

11294220 06/15/09 09/22/09 99

11290361 06/16/09 09/24/09 100

11291136 06/19/09 09/17/09 90

11290256 06/20/09 08/27/09 68

11288853 07/06/09 09/21/09 77

11298171 07/21/09 09/28/09 69

11230596 07/30/09 09/30/09 62

11273701 07/30/09 09/28/09 60

11297526 08/10/09 09/29/09 50

11288727 08/24/09 09/25/09 32

Average: 117.36

While the long term average is 117 days, NOTE the recent history is trending to be MUCH faster!!

5/20/08 Met through a mutual friend in Medellin

7/02/08 - 10/27/08 Visited 5 times

12/08/08 6th Visit Medellin (gave "Promise" ring to be exclusive)

1/22/09 - 6/21/09 4 more visits. 6/22/09 GOT ENGAGED!

7/25/09 11th Visit Met in Panama

9/19/09 12th Visit Met in Medellin for Dial Del Amor y Amistad

6/23-7/21 Gathered paperwork and applied for I-129F 7/24/09 USCIS acknowledges Receipt of I-129F application NOA1

9/28/09 NOA2 received!!! Only 66 days! 10/02/09 NSC Received and completed Application and sent to Bogota

10/02/09 Embassy received application (my lawyer is two weeks behind informing me - time line information learned on 10/15/09)

10/09/09 Embassy sent out Package 3 10/15/09 Package 3 not received - downloaded forms from website.

10/16/09 Submitted DS-2100 and Ds-230 to apply for interview date. 10/23/09 Received Interview date (had to call DOS)

12/09/09 Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/07/10 Arrived in Miami, cleared Immigration with no problems. Arrived in Charlotte to a freaking cold spell 55 degrees colder than Dora has ever experienced.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.