Starlight95

Why does some K-1 petitions take 10 months to 1 year?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I was just wondering that there have been 1 or 2 members here who still have not recieved their NOA2 and its been more than 1 year. Why is that? I guess sometimes my fear takes over and I don't want to be one of those statistics. Just a bit paranoid, and want to make sure I don't run into something like that. Any explanations would help me a great deal. I know I have a lot of time to wait because they have just started on April filers. I was hoping for a November 09 wedding, but I think that is not possible now :(. Btw congrats to all that got approved!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

I was just wondering that there have been 1 or 2 members here who still have not recieved their NOA2 and its been more than 1 year. Why is that? I guess sometimes my fear takes over and I don't want to be one of those statistics. Just a bit paranoid, and want to make sure I don't run into something like that. Any explanations would help me a great deal. I know I have a lot of time to wait because they have just started on April filers. I was hoping for a November 09 wedding, but I think that is not possible now :(. Btw congrats to all that got approved!

real unlucky, RFE's... who really knows why

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Nobody really knows, but, just like anything else in this process (or life in general, for that matter), it can be very random.

And there's not much, if anything at all, you can do about it, either.

Good luck!

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline
I wish I had the answer to this question as I have been waiting for my NOA2 since Dec 29. I can't begin to ell you how angry I am. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hang in there it seems like VSC is slow and they are still working on Dec 08 petitioners. Your's is not as bad as those one or two members who's been waiting for 1 year and beyond. I find that crazy if its past 1 year or so.

Hello,

Hi, sometimes it`s case to case basis, and even others got their NOA2 if they will be subjected for AP, it takes too long, but as long as you and your fiance doesn`t have any problems with your papers it will come in the estimated timeline. Hang in there, pray more and have more patience...Goodluck and God bless!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

When we applied for my visa, CSC was taking forever to issue the NOA2... It was about 180 days until we could hear something from them, while VSC was doing it in about two to three weeks for NOA1 and NOA2....

And just our luck, my papers got lost @ the NVC stage.... it took another 4 months to be found. it took a year total...

Visa Approved!

Removal of Conditions

21/03 - VSC Received it

24/03 - NOA 1

27/03 - Check Cashed

08/04 - Biometrics received

July 8th - Approved

"Do you think who made the ears wont listen to you? Do you think who made the eyes, wont see? God is always watching you and listening to you"

988_d85d41946422f5b8fb58899bbfd0ba87_prod.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Starlight, I definitely understand your fear about being one of those statistics (like our beloved Sara). That was my main concern when my NOA2 didn't come when the rest of the December filers got theirs (April). If I was told "Yours will sit in a box longer, but we will get to it in July" then it wouldn't have been as bad that it took so long... but knowing no info you just hope & pray that they didn't lose your file.

I wish I had the answer to this question as I have been waiting for my NOA2 since Dec 29. I can't begin to ell you how angry I am. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dang, Mr Twister. Hope you get it soon. You are outside of the posted time, so you can request a sevice request and expedite... not sure how much good either of those will do, though. I never got a response to my service request.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

not to scare you but my k1 visa turned out to take 2 years...

we filed march 2007 and i just gor here march 2009....when we filed i was pregnant with our baby...i raised him by myself for one an a half year and even with our son having usc didn't speed up things....

Edited by Selma and Todd

we filed march 2007 and i just gor here march 2009....when we filed i was pregnant with our baby...i raised him by myself for one an a half year and even with our son having usc didn't speed up things....

If its something you can share....Was there a particular reason that it took so long?

Did they even tell you why?

Timeline

I am so sorry about your situation, it seems like you had lots and lots of patience. But, what there a reason that took so long. Just curious if you don't mind sharing.

Hello,

Hi, sometimes it`s case to case basis, and even others got their NOA2 if they will be subjected for AP, it takes too long, but as long as you and your fiance doesn`t have any problems with your papers it will come in the estimated timeline. Hang in there, pray more and have more patience...Goodluck and God bless!

Thanks I hope so :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.