girl 37

Part 10, Section H

4 posts in this topic

I think it's not a good idea to say NO on that question it might cause a problem on the application or cause a denial? :unsure: I am also curious to know if somebody actually did and put No on that part and had no problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Noncombatant services in the US Armed Forces was a separate question that my wife had no problem with if this country needed her. Bearing arms was, so with the help of our army captain neighbor and me, we had to explain that question to her in her context. First off, she is not a male between the ages of 18 and 26 and we no longer have a draft by an all volunteer service. She is a small woman over 40 years of age, in a scenario like this, if she is asked to bear arms, we would really be in bad shape. At that stage, our country would have been invaded by a foreign enemy and they would be ransacking her home and shooting and raping her and and daughter but killing her grandchild. Would she shoot back under these circumstances?

After she taught about it, she said yes, when it's a situation of killing or being killed. How does this scenario fit in your life? And if the draft ever does come back, our country would be in harms way.

When I was drafted, we were are separated by religion and told thous shall not kill did not apply to defending your country, give you a weapon, but really no one forces you to use it. If you don't want to kill, just stand up and take one in the gut, that's a very long painful death by the way, but you would hold true to your religious convictions. Or maybe they will just blow your arm or leg off.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

See pages 28 and 38 of the Guide to Naturalization:

What if I am against fighting in the military because of my beliefs?

If, because of your religious teachings and beliefs, you are against fighting or serving in the military, USCIS may exempt you from these requirements. You will need to send a letter with your application requesting a modified Oath and explaining why you are unable to take the Oath as it is written.

Request a Modified Oath.

If you provide enough evidence that your religious training and beliefs prevent you from bearing arms for the United States, you may take the Oath, without the words “to bear arms on behalf of the Unites States when required by law...”

If you provide enough evidence to convince USCIS that your religious training and beliefs prevent you from performing any type of service in the U.S. Armed Forces, you will not be required to say the words to perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by law.”

Edited by jsnearline

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.