UmmSqueakster

Ramadan 2009

321 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Traveling next Friday inshaAllah to spend Eid with extended family... I have to say that this Ramadan was so blessed for me and John alhamdulillah.. I'm so proud of him! :luv:

Can't imagine how a quiet Eid is like lol.. But hopefully I'll get to make it different next year...

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Traveling next Friday inshaAllah to spend Eid with extended family... I have to say that this Ramadan was so blessed for me and John alhamdulillah.. I'm so proud of him! :luv:

Can't imagine how a quiet Eid is like lol.. But hopefully I'll get to make it different next year...

Aya, I pray that next year your Eid is spent with John - quiet or festive, for your sake, I hope that it is one spent together. :luv: May Allah answer your prayers. :star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
we have a big Eid prayer at the downtown convention center. But our masjids dont plan anything else. Everyone goes to Johns Incredible Pizza after.. we invade it. But since we are jobless, we will just come home and do a party for ourselves here... Unfortunate that our community only does activities that can be costly and leaves many out...

I know what you mean. There is a big Eid prayer at the state fair park and we aren't goin only because I can't handle hordes of people like they will have. And our masjid is goin to some pizza place later also and its $17 a person. There is no way my husband will pay that much for something he really don't like. So I guess we just stay home and do nothing.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wow I can't beleive the end of Ramadan is almost here. This is my first year as a muslim and I''ve learned (still learning) quite a bit. I have to say alot of you have been my teachers. I'd like to thank you all very much. I certainly hoped my husband would help me more but I have learned alot more from everyone else. Does anyone have any special plans for EID?

nope :(. I'll have a housefull of 13 yr olds sleeping over so I plan on hiding in my bedroom for the night:P There will be tons of different types of pizza, m&m's, twizzlers, soda at night and bagels and cream cheese in the am. whoo hoo. lol

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wow I can't beleive the end of Ramadan is almost here. This is my first year as a muslim and I''ve learned (still learning) quite a bit. I have to say alot of you have been my teachers. I'd like to thank you all very much. I certainly hoped my husband would help me more but I have learned alot more from everyone else. Does anyone have any special plans for EID?

nope :(. I'll have a housefull of 13 yr olds sleeping over so I plan on hiding in my bedroom for the night:P There will be tons of different types of pizza, m&m's, twizzlers, soda at night and bagels and cream cheese in the am. whoo hoo. lol

mmmm, bagels and cream cheese. #1 on my shopping list when i get home. :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Amanda,

I'm far from an expert, but one thing that came to mind is to be careful about things like locking the door when you are changing to make sure he doesn't accidently see you naked during the day during Ramadan. Don't make sexual comments to him either, since Muslims are not supposed to think about sex while fasting. And be prepared to do without hugs and kisses until sundown!

Also, if you don't fast, it's a good idea to eat and drink where he won't see you. Try to avoid cooking things with strong smells - especially if it's something he really likes. Those aren't things that I heard anywhere - just things that seem polite.

Good luck if you do try to fast. Don't be hard on yourself if you aren't able to do it 100%, or slip up sometimes.

venusfire

Actually, unless her husband thinks about sex 24/7 and is unable to control himself, I don't see how changing clothes in front of him is going to do any harm. And there is nothing wrong with a hug and peck on the cheek goodbye in the morning before work or when coming home. Husbands and wives can be together, as long as it's not sexual or leads to sex. A kiss and hug doesn't have to be sexual.

If I am not mistaken, even the prophet, salallahu alayhi wassalam, hugged and kissed his wives while fasting.

I guess it all depends - my husband feels that it's not allowed (seeing me change, hugging, kissing, etc). I can't argue with him since it's not my religion, and I only know what I've heard from him (and a little that I've read about). I think it makes sense that it should be allowed as long as it doesn't lead to anything, but I can also see the logic in not taking chances (even if it didn't lead to action, it could lead to thoughts). Especially since, for some, what's forbidden is even more tempting! Either way, I wouldn't feel right about saying or doing anything to suggest that my husband should be less strict/observant. I think it's up to him to decide how he feels and how he wants to practice his religion. Just like it's up to everyone else! I guess what I should've said to Amanda was to talk to her SO and see what he believes is allowed or not allowed, and work with that. Hey, I'm learning!

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.