UmmSqueakster

Ramadan 2009

321 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)"

What does "forged speech" mean? I know what forging is, like if I copy the writings of someone and try to pass it off as my own but if forged speech means something similar I'm screwed since sometimes I will hear something funny and repeat it, even though it's not mine originally. :unsure:

I'm as ready as I'll ever be I guess. I'm really not doing anything different for supper other than adding soup to it. I have next week off for vacation so I can nap during the day. I started this Protonix for my stomach which (knock on wood) is allowing me to be nauseous only a few hours/day instead of the whole day so I'm very hopeful that I'll make it through. :dance::dance::dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

For those that don't have access to fresh dates, Fernandez date farm is where I have ordered my dates for the last 2 years. They are priced right and taste delicious. It took 2 days from order to delivery. I order the large dates.

Website for Fernandez dates

Recipe for Algerian stuffed dates.

Ramadan Mubarak!!!

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_DZ

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
For those that don't have access to fresh dates, Fernandez date farm is where I have ordered my dates for the last 2 years. They are priced right and taste delicious. It took 2 days from order to delivery. I order the large dates.

Ramadan Mubarak!!!

Meriem (F)

That recipe sounds YUMMMMMYYYY! Thank you! Of course I love Marzipan!

Ramadan Mubarak!!!

Meriem (F)

omg YOU RULE :thumbs:

i can't believe you found the receipe...I just love those stuffed dates and I can't wait to get my hands on some good plump ones :yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)"

What does "forged speech" mean? I know what forging is, like if I copy the writings of someone and try to pass it off as my own but if forged speech means something similar I'm screwed since sometimes I will hear something funny and repeat it, even though it's not mine originally. :unsure:

I'm as ready as I'll ever be I guess. I'm really not doing anything different for supper other than adding soup to it. I have next week off for vacation so I can nap during the day. I started this Protonix for my stomach which (knock on wood) is allowing me to be nauseous only a few hours/day instead of the whole day so I'm very hopeful that I'll make it through. :dance::dance::dance:

The phrase “forged speech” includes lying, backbiting, spreading slander and bearing false witness, and every kind of speech that is haram.

Al-Hafiz said: With regard to the phrase “Allah has no need of him giving up his food and drink”, Ibn Battaal said: This does not mean that he is to be told to stop fasting , rather it is a warning against false speech and the other things mentioned along with it. This is an indication that (his fast) is not accepted. What is meant is that a fast that is contaminated with falsehood is rejected and that a fast that is free of that is accepted.

Ibn al-‘Arabi said: The aforementioned hadith implies that whoever does things mentioned here will not be rewarded for his fast. What is meant is that the reward for fasting cannot outweigh the sin of false speech and the other things mentioned here.

All sins have an effect on the fast and thus reduce the reward for fasting. Thus, the person who is accustomed to lying has to continue to strive against himself until he gives up this evil habit. Every time he sins, he should repent and seek forgiveness, for the one who repents from his sin is like the one who did not sin at all.

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

The phrase “forged speech” includes lying, backbiting, spreading slander and bearing false witness, and every kind of speech that is haram.

Al-Hafiz said: With regard to the phrase “Allah has no need of him giving up his food and drink”, Ibn Battaal said: This does not mean that he is to be told to stop fasting , rather it is a warning against false speech and the other things mentioned along with it. This is an indication that (his fast) is not accepted. What is meant is that a fast that is contaminated with falsehood is rejected and that a fast that is free of that is accepted.

Ibn al-‘Arabi said: The aforementioned hadith implies that whoever does things mentioned here will not be rewarded for his fast. What is meant is that the reward for fasting cannot outweigh the sin of false speech and the other things mentioned here.

All sins have an effect on the fast and thus reduce the reward for fasting. Thus, the person who is accustomed to lying has to continue to strive against himself until he gives up this evil habit. Every time he sins, he should repent and seek forgiveness, for the one who repents from his sin is like the one who did not sin at all.

Thanks HLM!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I will probably get heat for this :whistle: but I will be doing the master cleanse while my husband is doing the Ramadan fasting. Maybe next year I will do Ramadan fasting and than the Master Cleanse for a month iduno? It just seemed like the perfect time to do it since he won't be eating either during the day anyways. So for those who can't do the ramadan fast.......maybe do another purifying process as a beginner and work your way up :thumbs: Olive~

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
:dance: Just ordered my Dates for Ramadan for the hubby. And I'm gonna stuff them. And Got them at a good price.

http://www.nutsinbulk.com/

What are you going to stuff them with?

Recipe

Mascarpone Cheese Stuffed in Medjool Dates

20-24 medjool dates

8 oz. mascarponse cheese

1/2 cup toasted grated coconut

1/2 cup toasted ground pecans

mint leaves for garnish

In a small bowl mix mascarpone cheese with coconut and 2 teaspoons of the toasted pecans. Put mixture in a piping bag or a plastic bag in order to pipe into dates. Next, to de-pit the dates, with a knife put a slit in the date and take out the pit, repeat with all of the dates. Cut a small slit in the corner of the plastic bag in order to pipe the cheese into the center of the date, repeat with all dates. Next, dip exposed part of cheese into remaining ground pecans if desired. Arrange in a plate and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Garnish with mint leaves and serve cold.

Untitled.jpg

Timeline

I am getting mentally and emotionally prepared for Ramadan. As far as diet...I need it. Ever since I have been in Wisconsin I have been obsessed with eating. Seriously....that is all that we have done. My body, mind and spirit needs Ramadan!! I will just miss hubby when he leaves.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Saturday will probably be the first day of fasting? ( www.moonsighting.com is my source )

YUP! I'm starting Saturday...

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline

How to Make This Your Best Ramadan Ever

Taken from a lecture by Shaykh Waleed Basyouni (may Allah preserve him)

Know that fasting this month is based upon the love of Allah and the earnest effort to gain his pleasure and to acknowledge that it is only through his bounty that we’re able to gain sustenance. This commitment is based upon the ability to abstain from one’s food and natural desires, honoring and holding dear the obedience and pleasure of Allah over his own pleasures, and demonstrating his preference of the hereafter over this life.

Fasting enhances the believer’s piety and being mindful of Allah…

“O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous” [2:183]

The Prophet salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam said,

“Fasting is a shield with which a slave protects himself from the Fire.”

[reported by Ahmad and it is authentic]

Here are some things we can do in this month to make it our best Ramadan ever insha’Allah:

1. Du’a: don’t forget to ask Allah to help us make this the best Ramadan ever. Six months before Ramadan, the Sahaba used to make du’a to Allah to help them in Ramadan, and in the six months after Ramadan, they made du’a to Allah to accept their deeds in that Ramadan.

2. Don’t let Ramadan start while you still have envy in your heart to your Muslim brothers and sisters or you will be starting Ramadan with a sick heart. Free yourself from this sickness for this blessed month, and take out any envy or jealousy that you have in your heart towards someone.

3. Repent to Allah before this month starts. Start this month while you don’t have the weight of bad deeds on your shoulders. Fill your heart with hope and love in this month so that you can benefit from it. Leave those sins that you have been doing and start doing good deeds.

4. Increase in doing the sunnah. (i.e. Fast like the Prophet salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam; eat Suhoor just before Fajr, don’t delay your iftar, break your fast with dates, do this all for the love of Rasul Allah salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam, try not to miss any takbeer of the taraweeh. Don’t say you’re tired. It’s only a matter of days before you don’t have the opportunity anymore…)

5. Choose a friend/family member to help you in this month. Choose someone who you think is better than you in deen and ask him/her to help you learn and benefit in this month. i.e. Go with him/her to taraweeh, distribute food to people together, clean the masjid before prayer, etc.

6. Stay away from sins, major or minor; Especially in this month.

7. Stay away from what will not help you to be a better Muslim. (ie. TV, video games, music, shopping, etc.) Protect your eyes and ears from haraam. Try to join the circles of knowledge.

8. Go to the masjid 10-15 minutes before the Adhaan (not iqaamah) and wait for the adhaan (read Qu’ran, make dhikr). The sweetness doing this is unknown except to those who do it.

9. Take advantage of this month to be best to your parents and relatives. These days in Ramadan, their hearts are open & it is your best opportunity to establish a good relationship with them.

Join your community in iftar, taraweeh, etc. help them financially, in volunteering, etc.

10. Try to take a vacation. Take some time off of work so you can worship Allah.

11. Before you pray taraweeh, read the tafseer/translation of the ayaat that the imam will recite in taraweeh, so you will enjoy the prayer more.

12. Give a lot of Sadaqa. This is the sunnah of the Prophet salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam.

13. Make time once a week or per day to talk with your family about the virtues of fasting.

14. Brothers, don’t waste your wife’s time by asking her to cook so much for you and your family in this month. Let her cook what is enough and sufficient for you and your family.

Sisters, don’t waste your time in the kitchen.

The minutes in this month are so valuable, try to read Qur’an, pray, and increase your iman.

15. Sisters, during this month when you cannot pray or fast, you can read the Qur’an without touching the mushaf, you can listen to qur’an, lectures, give Sadaqa, feed people, make du’a.

16. Every night, ask yourself if you have done your best in this day. And if you haven’t, make firm intention to do it the following day.

17. Make it the month of da’wah. Visit, advise, and remind those who you know who have not been praying or fulfilling their duty as Muslims. Teach new Muslims about their religion.

Give da’wah to the non-Muslims, this is a good month for them to accept Islam.

18. Each day and night tell yourself, “I may not live until the next Ramadan, I may not even live into the next day, so let me do my best in this day or this night to worship Allah.”

19. In this month, Allah is coming towards us and He doesn’t need us, we need Him!

Allah welcomes us in this month, so do not turn your back to him.

He opens the gates of Jannah for you and me, so make your best effort to come close to Allah.

May Allah help us to make this the best Ramadan ever! Ameen.

May Allah accept it from all of us. Ameen.

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Timeline

Two posts in a row, woo! :P

Alright, I couldn't listen to this lecture when it happened the other night but it is up online and you can listen. It's maybe an hour or so long, but really worth taking the time.

It's by Muhammad Alshareef and it's called The Fasting and The Furious. :lol:

Here is the link

Lecture

This was so good mashAllah and brought tears to my eyes a couple of times.

Please sisters take the time to give it a listen and insha'Allah this will be helpful to you all during Ramadan and afterwards.

:star:

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.