married1989

FIRST TIME

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi everyone, im from palestine, i cant believe ive never found this forum until now. Anywayz i have a question maybe someone from MENA can give me some advice. Well my husband had his interview on june 23rd, the co told him everything is perfect but he requested a "no tax note" from petitioner (me) signed and dated, just a small letter saying i dont pay taxes and i live under my father, you know how it is, its not really required for a women to work or move out she gets married, and i just turned 20. Anywayz i sent the letter to my hubby and the embassy received it on monday. The co told my hubby well call you to send in your passport after we receive this letter, and he told my hubby dont worry because this isnt a major problem.

My question is, has anyone from MENA ever had the same experience where the co requested additional info after the interview and got the visa shortly after? i would LOVE to hear from someone with the same experience.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow MENAs!!

Timeline

His name is also mohammed. But for his interview he had to get both a palestinian and israeli police certificate which are both clear with no criminal background, and the embassy has those. In israel its very hard for the arabs to get around israel without a special permit which only few are able to get, so life over there is basically just work and home.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Is your husband Palestinian from the West Bank (processing through Jerusalem) or Israeli Arab (processing through Tel Aviv) ? If he is living in the West Bank, he does not need to go to Israel at all - he can request the Israeli police certificate at the nearest occupation forces' police station.

Did he have any difficulty obtaining the tasree7 to enter occupied Jerusalem for his interview ?

Don't be concerned about having to provide both police reports - this is normal procedure, currently required of all Palestinian applicants.

It is not uncommon at all for COs to request additional information before making a decision or issuing a visa. Sometimes it is because some of the paperwork is missing, and sometimes it is because they need more evidence to determine validity of the relationship. It sounds like the request for the "no tax note" was just a formality to process your application and sponsor for financial support since you do not work - I am assuming your father is the sponsor?

Good luck - wishing you a speedy completion to your application!

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

It would not be the first time I heard of the CO requesting RFE....request for evidence, after an interview.

Some even have to return for a second interview.

I can't speak of your specifics as my hubby is from Maroc.

GOOD LUCK and welcome.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

There was a similar case just posted out of Pali. They asked for further info, told him everythign was fine and after it was turned in, they advised the husband that he was on AP. I REALLY hope that isnt the case with you guys.

MOST of the time when they ask for further docs or evidence, they issue the visa shortly after receiving the requested forms/docs/evidence.

Stay on top of the consulate. You can email them and ask when how long to expect the visa to be issued after they receive the evidence ;)

Good Luck!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
There was a similar case just posted out of Pali. They asked for further info, told him everythign was fine and after it was turned in, they advised the husband that he was on AP. I REALLY hope that isnt the case with you guys.

MOST of the time when they ask for further docs or evidence, they issue the visa shortly after receiving the requested forms/docs/evidence.

Stay on top of the consulate. You can email them and ask when how long to expect the visa to be issued after they receive the evidence ;)

Good Luck!

Hi i believe i know who your talking about from palestine, i belive they requested a police certificate from him because he was in jail for a few years, but i wish him all the best. They only requested small letter from me, so i hope things go well. Inshallah they do. i cant wait for all this to be over!

Timeline

Good Luck!

Hi i believe i know who your talking about from palestine, i belive they requested a police certificate from him because he was in jail for a few years, but i wish him all the best. They only requested small letter from me, so i hope things go well. Inshallah they do. i cant wait for all this to be over!

I hope so too. Thats why I said most of the time, its an easy thing..get the visa in a matter of weeks.

:)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Good Luck!

I hope so too. Thats why I said most of the time, its an easy thing..get the visa in a matter of weeks.

I hope everything goes well too, me and my husband havent seen each other in 10 months, i just feel like all i have are memories and i feel like hes so far away from me. Its so hard, we fight alot now, i wish i could go back to see him but he would rather have me here because the life over there is hard AND he has an EVIL stepmom who treted me horrible, so i really hope things go well inshallah.

Timeline

Good Luck!

I hope everything goes well too, me and my husband havent seen each other in 10 months, i just feel like all i have are memories and i feel like hes so far away from me. Its so hard, we fight alot now, i wish i could go back to see him but he would rather have me here because the life over there is hard AND he has an EVIL stepmom who treted me horrible, so i really hope things go well inshallah.

Im SO sorry that you guys have been apart so long. I understand how hard it is hun. Dont let the frustration and distance affect your guys' love. Soon, you'll be together God willing

Start emailing the embassy for status next week (or today if your agressive like i was with ours lol)

Thanks!

Timeline
I really wanna email the embassy but im afraid ill get a canned response that will put me down.

You might at first , but at least they will know that there is a USC ready to harrass them about the visa ;)

Edited by Y's_habibitk

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Good Luck!

Hi, I think I am the one you'er talking about guys, right? I am still waiting for any news. married1989 they did not asked me to submit a police record regarding the time I spent in jail becuase I was under administrative detention which most Palestinains went through this,without charge or even a real court. The officer asked me to submit a plice record from Switzerland because I lived there for almost 10 months. I hope your husband gets his visa soon. All of us deserve to be with our beloved.

First meeting----2007-08-30

Engaged---------2007-11-21

Marriage---------2008-02-07

I-130 Sent-------2008-07-24

I-130 NOA1------2008-07-31

I-129F Sent------2008-08-26

I-129F NOA1-----2008-09-02

I-129F NOA2-----2009-02-25

NVC Received----2009-03-05

Packet 3---------2009-03-12

Packet 3 Sent----2009-04-13

Packet 4---------2009-04-26

Interview Date---2009-05-14--Approved, but required additional documents

Visa Received---- AP, Time Unknown

I-130 Approval----2009-02-25

Switched to IR1 visa

1st interview---------09-03-2011

2nd interview---------03-05-2011

visa issued-----------07-04-2011, but the Consulate kept my passport

3rd interview---------24-05-2011 with the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

4th interview---------06-06-2011 interviewd my wife, the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

passport received-----14-06-2011 with IR1 visa

US Entry----------21-09-2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To suffer in silence is the greatest suffering

Timeline

Good Luck!

Hi, I think I am the one you'er talking about guys, right? I am still waiting for any news. married1989 they did not asked me to submit a police record regarding the time I spent in jail becuase I was under administrative detention which most Palestinains went through this,without charge or even a real court. The officer asked me to submit a plice record from Switzerland because I lived there for almost 10 months. I hope your husband gets his visa soon. All of us deserve to be with our beloved.

yes, you were who I was referrencing.

I hope both of you guys hear good news soon. (F)

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.