so_confused

desperate situation, need help, confusing info on K3

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I've presented my situation long time ago, but now it's really bad: I'm in Romania, waiting for my J1 foreign residence requirement to be over, I have 5 more months to wait, my I-129f has been approved.

My husband has just left Romania, he's in US now, he came here to be with me for a little while.

The bad news now: his daughter needs a kidney transplant, he will be the donor. I want to be there for him. He's called the Embassy, they've told him I should apply for a visitor visa , see what happens.

My questions:

- how can I get a visitor visa while I'm waiting to apply for an immigrant visa? Is this possible?

- if I get a visitor visa (theoretically), do I have to come back to Romania and apply for K3? Will the time spent in US count against me?

Please, help me. I'm lost.

Thank you

Im sorry to hear of the medical situation with your husband and his daughter. That would be upsetting being so far away from them. I wish you all the very best.

You can apply but whether they grant you one is up to them. Staying in the US and not returning for the K-3 interview could create an issue when doing AOS as it would be difficult to show you didnt have immigrant intent on entry.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I know you would want to be there...but was something stopping him from bringing his daughter? Have you applied yet for the visitor visa? All you can do is apply and the sooner you do the sooner you will know if they allow it, but in the meantime, is she ok while you wait for your visa? That sounds so scary. I feel bad for you.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline

Thank you so much for your replies, it's a crazy situation, it's hard to believe they would grant me a visitor visa, since the first requirement is non-immigration intent, I don't really know what to do. If they would deny the visitor visa, it might look bad when applying for the K3, I mean, why would someone apply for a visa knowing it's almost impossible to get it? It's a mess and I'm this close to go crazy.

Thanks again, you're very nice people.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
I know you would want to be there...but was something stopping him from bringing his daughter? Have you applied yet for the visitor visa? All you can do is apply and the sooner you do the sooner you will know if they allow it, but in the meantime, is she ok while you wait for your visa? That sounds so scary. I feel bad for you.

I would imagine that the fact that his daughter has serious health problems would be a reason for not bringing her to Romania. Someone who is seriously ill generally should not travel unless it is required to get the necessary treatment. Despite reforms that are taking place to improve health care in Romania, it is still often difficult for Romanians to get quality medical care, so that probably was not an option for the OP's step daughter.

So_confused, my thoughts are with you, your husband, and your step-daughter and I sincerely hope that you are reunited soon and that everyone is healthy and happy.

~Angel~

I-130

2005-09-23 Sent I-130.

2005-10-05 I-130 NOA1

2006-02-19 *touched*

2006-02-21 RFE

2006-03-09 RFE received by CSC

2006-03-29 I-130 NOA2

2006-03-31 *touched*

2006-04-01 *touched*

2006-04-12 NVC assigned case number

I-129F

2005-11-18 I-129F Sent

2005-11-29 I-129F NOA1

2005-12-27 I-129F RFE :(

2006-01-13 I-129F RFE Reply sent.

2006-01-25 *touched*

2006-01-26 I-129F RFE received

2006-04-04 *touched*

2006-04-04 NOA2 **approved!!!**

2006-04-20 NVC assigned case number

2006-04-21 case forwarded to embassy

2006-04-26 packet 3 received

2006-05-02 packet 3 sent

2006-05-04 packet 4 received

2006-05-15 Interview in Stockholm **APPROVED**

2006-05-23 My sweetie is coming home!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I misunderstood, I read it as though the daughter was in Romania and needed to come to the US for care, Mom wanted to bring her. Its still very sad. I would still apply for the visitor visa, and if it does get denied, I wouldn't expect that to be held against you. I would also think that having a k-3 interview in 5 months or so is a good reason to return. I don't know. My thoughts are with you

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Timeline
Thank you so much for your replies, it's a crazy situation, it's hard to believe they would grant me a visitor visa, since the first requirement is non-immigration intent, I don't really know what to do. If they would deny the visitor visa, it might look bad when applying for the K3, I mean, why would someone apply for a visa knowing it's almost impossible to get it? It's a mess and I'm this close to go crazy.

If the Embassy said so, I would follow that path strictly; then, if they make any difficulties for the other steps to follow because of that, I would say the Emb said so....But, I would get back to the Emb to ask more questions, i.e.:what would be the consequences of such VV application. I still would believe they are the best to know what to do in this complex situation and with all the possibilites. And I would make sure that the VV is ok by asking: are you sure enough that's ok to the point you would write me on a paper that advice? After all, you can not be responsible if you tried to get the right advice and it was not, especially with a such important medical condition in the family.

As a newbie, I am descouraged, but I believe that all is also how we argument: a medical condition is a good argument, a vital one in my opinion. And, know the law and the complexity of it. That helps the argumentation.

Go girl! :)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

If the Embassy said so, I would follow that path strictly; then, if they make any difficulties for the other steps to follow because of that, I would say the Emb said so....But, I would get back to the Emb to ask more questions, i.e.:what would be the consequences of such VV application. I still would believe they are the best to know what to do in this complex situation and with all the possibilites. And I would make sure that the VV is ok by asking: are you sure enough that's ok to the point you would write me on a paper that advice? After all, you can not be responsible if you tried to get the right advice and it was not, especially with a such important medical condition in the family.

As a newbie, I am descouraged, but I believe that all is also how we argument: a medical condition is a good argument, a vital one in my opinion. And, know the law and the complexity of it. That helps the argumentation.

Go girl! :)

1) Have you have the interview and been issued the K visa yet.. If so, then you cannot get a B visa since you can only have 1 visa at a time.

2) It doesn't look bad if you have been denied a B visa because they felt that you had immigrant intent. The K visa means that you do have immigrant intent, so the denial of a B visa would not affect the K visa in this case

3) The issuance of the B visa will be determined based on evidence that you present that shows that you have significant ties to Romania. Is your spouse a resident of Romania, if so, then having your spouse in Romania would be a good tie that you will be returning home. Bring evidence of his and your ties to Romania, this will help you in getting the visa...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

Thanks a lot, guys. I've called the Embassy again and I've found out what I need, if I get a B visa, I need to come back for the K3, that's not good, also, the time spent in US will count against me, my husband said I shouldn't, we've waited for 1 year and 8 months, we're so close to the end of this, I guess there's nothing else left to do than wait and hope for the best with his surgery. It makes me sad and I was afraid that something like that might happen, but that's life. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for all the support.

Daniela

*HUGS* Daniela

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.