SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
A co worker and myself lost our jobs today... they say they are downsizing.... such is life

The funny thing is that we both just got back off of maternity leave in March.

It will give me the push I need to move out of state anyways so I just look at it as a blessing

That's good you're seeing a positive side of the situation. What states are you considering?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

d@mn what the heck is going on here?

its like a stream of bad news

and we were on a roll last week

my best wishes go out to all

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

morning all!! sorry for all the bad news..!

Jawi, i can definately see where ur coming from. And for me it's automatic for me not to refer to my husband as boy..i just dont use the word. But, I can also see how ppl can play with the word..being freaky or playful..and with such a diverse culture as America, there are many things that will offend one and not the other..we just have to be mindful..like many have stated.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Bunz a so it go sometimes;

The wedding I was in Saturday was a disaster, I had to call Sunny to clear my head...three of the bridesmaid didn't make it in time and two hours had already gone bye and her mother made her start the wedding without her best friends from college. I'm like you're a grown woman put your damn foot down. 7 pans a rice-n-peas spoiled (rotten) had to call my parents to bring their supersize rice cooker cause the catering company was in Waldorf and we were on the other side of Maryland...I bet that's why I'm sick, too much stress for one weekend...too much to type she did get married, but her mother is ()#*$#)$*#$) to say the least

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Philly it wasn't really a demotion...although I'm calling it that. I worked with a more specialized group of employees that had a higher job title/description and salary band. But, I'm still a supervisor...just with more needy employees now.

I have to have the doctor fill out a workplace accommodation for Human Resources...so I'm going to ask him to state that I need daytime hours because of my medications...I don't mind the off days. The HR manager told me that they have to honor whatever accommodations the doctor recommends. I fell asleep on the highway Friday because I was stuck in traffic for 2 hours (even leaving at 3 PM) ...I almost caused a huge accident. Then, I drove off the road near my home because I couldn't stay awake. I woke up when I heard the car rolling over tree branches and rocks. I cried because it was so scary and I feel so helpless. Actually, I have been crying all weekend.

I have to go back and keep catching up.

Aww Jawi, my heart goes out to you. (F) Hope you are getting better and stronger daily. I experienced this once, I had pulled an all-nighter and had to go to work the next morning. I fell asleep at the wheel and started to go off the road but a Mack truck going by and the groves in the highway woke me. Like you I started crying because I was so afraid of what would have happened if I didn’t wake up in time and then I was frustrated because I was that tired. I was in traffic and our highways once you’re on them you’re kind of stuck for miles. When I finally got to work I just slept for an hour in my car. I went into work late and ended up getting fired because I had been warned before. But I promised myself from then on no job would be worth my life. I was much younger then so letting a job go like that was less detrimental than it would be today, but I completely understand how you must have felt. My heart jumped reading this, you brought back that memory. Hope you get back to 100% soon.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Afternoon Ladies, mi cyaa manage to catch up. Just had a meeting with the Crypt Keeper and the Kingfish. She is nuts and I am drained. Oh well moving on Hey Finesse, Hotlegz Niecy and Newly ( Waving)

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
i know...this is sad! :(

someone say something nice....

i caught the last day of the Gap sale for the step-girls book bags..and some $1 plus tanks..tahlia has been miserable all wkend didn't get to do much more

wah gwaan philly..how the boys

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The wedding I was in Saturday was a disaster, I had to call Sunny to clear my head...three of the bridesmaid didn't make it in time and two hours had already gone bye and her mother made her start the wedding without her best friends from college. I'm like you're a grown woman put your damn foot down. 7 pans a rice-n-peas spoiled (rotten) had to call my parents to bring their supersize rice cooker cause the catering company was in Waldorf and we were on the other side of Maryland...I bet that's why I'm sick, too much stress for one weekend...too much to type she did get married, but her mother is ()#*$#)$*#$) to say the least

oh my freakin goodness.....that does sound terrible

i bet you looked hot in ur blue dress tho...

OH Lawd Looks Like I have to catch up, soon come......

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i caught the last day of the Gap sale for the step-girls book bags..and some $1 plus tanks..tahlia has been miserable all wkend didn't get to do much more

is it almost school time already? i better get my act together..

Filed: Timeline

oh my freakin goodness.....that does sound terrible

i bet you looked hot in ur blue dress tho...

yes, the dress was nice not my thing though power blue or baby blue whatever they call it.

Finesse; spite all that happened 3 missing bridesmaids and 1 groomsman and the rice going bad things were going okay, but her MOTHER -- everyone was complalining about her mother's behavior and we got into it - she made me so mad, I told her to go nyam sh*t...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

is it almost school time already? i better get my act together..

yes my girl...yuh betta get going

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.