SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

is it hard for an accountant to find a job in the us? a good paying job? considering the recession and all

Bunz - I have an accounting degree. I had a job lined up during my junior year of college for graduation. I have not had any problems finding new jobs either.

It all depends on your experience and qualifications. I have Big 4 CPA firm experience and that's what they look for along with CPA or charter (in your case). At least I know if you want the big bucks close to 100K. But you can get a GL accountant position for like $30K -$50K. It's all about experience too.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
awww.. much prayers for u and louis cat..this is why i tell roger not to get his hopes up just cuz he get a EAD...

Oh thanks! Louis has the biggest blisters last week. He says "my hands are too soft for this" ... LOL... he is strong though and will do what he needs to. But I think he is more of easy going job type of guy. We will be ok though. I think we will both go back to school. I need to make more money... one of these days I need to grow up and buy a house! :-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

this was on craigslist kk, but i saw ALOT of them did ask for driver's license.. is he getting it anytime soon??

Company looking for production workers.

Must have clean background and reliable transportation.

Must be able to start 07/23 by 530 am.

Candidate must be ok working in a cold warehouse facility

If interested and can start tomorrow morning, please respond to this posting, and leave good contact number.

Compensation: $8.70

This is a contract job.

Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.

Please, no phone calls about this job!

Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

I didn't see that on craigslist...what area of the site was this under? Jobs or volunteer?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
kk - i think it is more about athe quality of the resume not the quantity you put out. i have always tailored my resume for the job applied for. if you are sending out the same standard resume for 10 different types of jobs, then you hubby resume is not going to stand out. take the time to customize the resume for each job applied for...

Oh I got the resume part down without a doubt. I like to call myself the job hunter!! I find jobs for all of my friends.

For him it's the qualifications that's holding us back right now. It will be hard in his field because he doesn't have DL yet. So that's a wash there.

has he had any interviews? any call backs?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
this was on craigslist kk, but i saw ALOT of them did ask for driver's license.. is he getting it anytime soon??

If interested and can start tomorrow morning, please respond to this posting, and leave good contact number.

This is a contract job.

Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

You want to put a Jamaican new to the US in a COLD warehouse environment? I hear the cuss words now!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

This is a contract job.

You want to put a Jamaican new to the US in a COLD warehouse environment? I hear the cuss words now!!!!

This is what Shemmy's husband did first. I think she said he liked it.

Timeline
Does anyone have any job searching tips for my hubby? How did you or your spouse go about getting employment with no experience in the US?

He has submitted so many applications. I want to know if there is something else we should try.

Are there any temporary employment agencies in your area? Great place to start for anyone just starting out really, they can hire for all types of industries with no experience/entry level positions which will gain then experience. Temp positions can also turn into permanent positions and even if they are only temp positions being registered with the one place with time can build a reputation of longevity in work history.

When I was in college I worked with several agencies this is how once I worked 3 jobs at the same time. Got one p/t job in a department store working weekends, one working weekdays telemarketing 6-9, and another working a warehouse third shift over night 11-7. Plus third shift gave a 10% differential pay increase. All while I still went to school in the day. If times get too hard I can see taking this approach again.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
is it hard for an accountant to find a job in the us? a good paying job? considering the recession and all

Bunz - I have an accounting degree. I had a job lined up during my junior year of college for graduation. I have not had any problems finding new jobs either.

It all depends on your experience and qualifications. I have Big 4 CPA firm experience and that's what they look for along with CPA or charter (in your case). At least I know if you want the big bucks close to 100K. But you can get a GL accountant position for like $30K -$50K. It's all about experience too.

i'm not chartered, i have the cpa

i'm just kind of nervous about being up there for a while without a job

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Does anyone have any job searching tips for my hubby? How did you or your spouse go about getting employment with no experience in the US?

He has submitted so many applications. I want to know if there is something else we should try.

Are there any temporary employment agencies in your area? Great place to start for anyone just starting out really, they can hire for all types of industries with no experience/entry level positions which will gain then experience. Temp positions can also turn into permanent positions and even if they are only temp positions being registered with the one place with time can build a reputation of longevity in work history.

thats a good idea.. temp agencies are the best!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

with an education...easy to find a job...

bway it nuh always so easy yunno

i have couple freinds over there who have degrees and dem can't find work

but i've explained to hubby that anywhere the job is i am going and he's ok with moving

as long we're not going somewhere with wild natural disasters or where we'll be lynched, i'm good

Edited by Bunzarelli

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.