SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
whre jg??? a baseball game?? lol

finesse..its all in my dreams honey drop, i am so mad at my money and my leave situation.. and not getting better w/ skool just around the corner.. UGHHHH

QUESTION.. for the hubbys that are not finding work OR just concentrating on skool right now.. how are u ladies handling child support?? how do u plan on handling it if ur hubby is not here yet? don't know if there is anyone here that has this issue right now

Quana - This is a hard one. We both have a monthly allowance. He sends money for his daughter out of his allowance. Since I only have my doggie..I usually pick up her school supplies expense and cute little outfits. He is now looking for a job that would work around his school schedule. He ask me the other day if I mind if he quit school and look work. No suh...you are going to finish school first my dear. We aren't going hungry..but it would be nice to have the extra cash.

thats why full time skool or being a house husband is not in the cards for us.. we can live well w/ just our expenses, but i don't feel its fair to send 3 children $200.. and i can't do much more than that by myself.. if the guy was here roxcie.. he would have an ample salary that like i said after C/####### it, we would still be okay..

being w/ someone from another country changes things, anything is possible, but realistically roger probably won't make much money working and whatever he makes CAN'T all go to Jamaica, but also he can't cheat his children and allow them to live in poverty to pay for his new home in the US.. UGHH.. i hate this ..

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finesse..its all in my dreams honey drop, i am so mad at my money and my leave situation.. and not getting better w/ skool just around the corner.. UGHHHH

QUESTION.. for the hubbys that are not finding work OR just concentrating on skool right now.. how are u ladies handling child support?? how do u plan on handling it if ur hubby is not here yet? don't know if there is anyone here that has this issue right now

Quana - This is a hard one. We both have a monthly allowance. He sends money for his daughter out of his allowance. Since I only have my doggie..I usually pick up her school supplies expense and cute little outfits. He is now looking for a job that would work around his school schedule. He ask me the other day if I mind if he quit school and look work. No suh...you are going to finish school first my dear. We aren't going hungry..but it would be nice to have the extra cash.

thats why full time skool or being a house husband is not in the cards for us.. we can live well w/ just our expenses, but i don't feel its fair to send 3 children $200.. and i can't do much more than that by myself.. if the guy was here roxcie.. he would have an ample salary that like i said after C/####### it, we would still be okay..

being w/ someone from another country changes things, anything is possible, but realistically roger probably won't make much money working and whatever he makes CAN'T all go to Jamaica, but also he can't cheat his children and allow them to live in poverty to pay for his new home in the US.. UGHH.. i hate this ..

Yeah..that wouldn't be fair. Plus the kids would think their father moved to foreign and just forgot about them.

Timeline

you mean sending money to ja?

right.. child support for their children in ja?? not money for family members or friends.. that ain't even an issue LOL.. no SAH!!!

Quana, if he was your good old country/city un-employed husband from the next town, how would you handle it. Why would it be any different because the money has to go to Jamaica.? I am not judging, just asking the same question another way.

well to me that would be different becuz in the States, in MOST cases there is a predefined process.. if i were to marry a man that BECAME unemployed (cuz i would not be w/ one starting out that way) i wouldn't too much worry, cuz when he starts working again, C/S will be on his rass..

since roger is here.. i send money, not much, cuz i can't afford to but i was thinking DANG there is no order..if he is out of work for a whole year, there is nothing in place besides our agreement .

im really not asking what SHOULD i do, but what are others doing..

I think they have court ordered child support in Jamaica.

i will have to ask roger.. i've wondered that.. if they can file on the man if he is in the us.. but most likely, roger's bm will not do that, they have worked together wonderfully in the past and have the children's best interest in mind as far as i can tell ..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what about bringing the kids here?

Timeline
Yeah..that wouldn't be fair. Plus the kids would think their father moved to foreign and just forgot about them.

right.. until the kids come here.. we will have to get something together.. he thinks once he gets the EAD everything will be fine.. i keep telling him that many have not found work even w/ the EAD.. and not to get his hopes up.. hopefully he will just work his butt off when he goes back to ja and be able to leave a good amount of money b4 he comes back..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my husband left his electric toothbrush....i used it this morning.....i'm better off using a manual toohbrush :/

Whether manual or electric, you are def better NOT sharing one: http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/position.../toothbrush.asp

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

yep finesse.. we do plan too. this is just a immediate issue.. soon enough after roger gets work here and we move to a bigger place, we will be bringing the kids here..

immigration will not be thru w/ me for a while LOL.. now u see why mi nuh need fi breed nah more??? LOL

right.. until the kids come here.. we will have to get something together.. he thinks once he gets the EAD everything will be fine.. i keep telling him that many have not found work even w/ the EAD.. and not to get his hopes up.. hopefully he will just work his butt off when he goes back to ja and be able to leave a good amount of money b4 he comes back..

My husbands goes back and forth on when he would want his daughter to come up. You ideally both parents would like for her to be able to come visit for the summer and christmas holidays. I keep trying to explain to him that once you get the greencard..if you don't live in the US...they can take it back. I don't think it worth paying $700+ for greencard to throw away after she visits.

For those who have their step kids here, how is the adjustment? Do you think it's better that they are here than back in Jamaica?

Timeline
my husband left his electric toothbrush....i used it this morning.....i'm better off using a manual toohbrush :/

Whether manual or electric, you are def better NOT sharing one: http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/position.../toothbrush.asp

bunzy.. i never used an electric, but bought one for my youngest cuz she did not have very good brushing techniques, she was not brushing long enough.. like 5 or 6 strokes.. i thought it would be better.. not really huh??

yep finesse.. we do plan too. this is just a immediate issue.. soon enough after roger gets work here and we move to a bigger place, we will be bringing the kids here..

immigration will not be thru w/ me for a while LOL.. now u see why mi nuh need fi breed nah more??? LOL

so it seems like you are really thinking about the process these days. Things are going great with Roger!! Just like I'd hope. I'm so happy for Quana. I'm really really happy for you Quana. I'm a hopefully romantic..and I'm so very happy for you Quana. :thumbs::blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

can he save any money now so when he is looking for a job, he can still have money to send w/out asking you?

bunzy.. i never used an electric, but bought one for my youngest cuz she did not have very good brushing techniques, she was not brushing long enough.. like 5 or 6 strokes.. i thought it would be better.. not really huh??

My dentist recommended that both hubby and I get this $100 tooth brush...kiss teet....

Timeline

My husbands goes back and forth on when he would want his daughter to come up. You ideally both parents would like for her to be able to come visit for the summer and christmas holidays. I keep trying to explain to him that once you get the greencard..if you don't live in the US...they can take it back. I don't think it worth paying $700+ for greencard to throw away after she visits.

For those who have their step kids here, how is the adjustment? Do you think it's better that they are here than back in Jamaica?

hmmm... so if she isn't gonna live here.. is there anything else he can get to allow her to go back on forth.. i guess just the visitor visa huh??? how long does she have to be here for them to consider it as "living here"...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Louis and I have shared toothbrushes before... I read your link Nat... don't most of us share our "bodily fluids" with our guys anyway! LOL .... :P

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

so it seems like you are really thinking about the process these days. Things are going great with Roger!! Just like I'd hope. I'm so happy for Quana. I'm really really happy for you Quana. I'm a hopefully romantic..and I'm so very happy for you Quana. :thumbs::blush:

thanks kk.. girl ive been THINKING bout all this stuff for as long as i been on VJ.. everytime ya'll talk, im taking mental notes.. i am just courageous enough now to say it aloud.. i feel like this really could work and my fear is no longer holding me back..

thank u so much for ur well wishes and prayers.. i am a hopeless romantic too!!!

i like this song by algebra blessett.. it has the verses.. "dont won't no fairy tale, just a happy ending" I love that song.. it echos what i want outta life, i don't want perfection, i just wanna be happy..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.