SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

i know..tre.. i thought that term was kind of dated, but oh well.. sometimes i talk like im 18 then others like im 50 LOL

girl, last year my son has been stuck on the word "sike"...membah dat one. I have to be careful what I say near my son. His dad had him last week and I go through his overnight back when he comes home and I was upset because he mixed up his clean clothes with his dirty clothes...so, my 1/2 Jamaican blood son tells his father..."my mommy -- SEH U FI TAP MIX UP DI DUTTY CLOTHES WID DI CLEAN ONE DEM A WAH DO U EAD.... :whistle:

You know all this time I just knew his dad was jamaican. You son is so proud of his Jamaican culture. That's awesome. I wonder how my kids are going to take it being of 1/2 jamaican blood. Although, my hubby says if you are born here..you're American..and can't claim yourself as Jamaica. Is that true?

My Dad is Jamaican and my Mom Haitian and I claim and celebrate both parts of my heritage. My Husband and I had this very same convo not too long ago and he told me it doesn't matter where my parents are from I am American! I asked him well our children, what will they be? He looked :blink: and didn't think twice and said my yut is going to be American. He said if you are not bawn a yaad you are not a Yardie. I see what he is saying but I don't agree I think I am West Indian fi true LOL although my Nationality is American...

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i know..tre.. i thought that term was kind of dated, but oh well.. sometimes i talk like im 18 then others like im 50 LOL

girl, last year my son has been stuck on the word "sike"...membah dat one. I have to be careful what I say near my son. His dad had him last week and I go through his overnight back when he comes home and I was upset because he mixed up his clean clothes with his dirty clothes...so, my 1/2 Jamaican blood son tells his father..."my mommy -- SEH U FI TAP MIX UP DI DUTTY CLOTHES WID DI CLEAN ONE DEM A WAH DO U EAD.... :whistle:

You know all this time I just knew his dad was jamaican. You son is so proud of his Jamaican culture. That's awesome. I wonder how my kids are going to take it being of 1/2 jamaican blood. Although, my hubby says if you are born here..you're American..and can't claim yourself as Jamaica. Is that true?

KK...this is not necessarily true...Even though your kids may be born here, I think if you raise them up in the Jamaican culture then hey---they're Jamerican to say the least. It's all a matter of education, what you want to teach them about the culture, history, everything. And also making sure that they know first-hand from an early age what yaad is like. They can have all the Jamaican pride they want--in fact I would hope that it would be that way--proud of their heritage and where their family is from! :thumbs: I'm already setting up the visitation schedule for my kids to be in JA, and they are they're not even CLOSE to being conceived yet! :lol: :lol:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
There is so much I want to respond to...I get tired of quoting everyone...but then I come to post and can't remember who or what I wanted to respond to. My memory used to be so good. This is crazy. I hope y'all don't mind me and all my Ells quotes.

dont feel bad jawi.. i can't do that either. if i do try to wait and respond..i HAVE to write down notes LOL

Timeline

KK...this is not necessarily true...Even though your kids may be born here, I think if you raise them up in the Jamaican culture then hey---they're Jamerican to say the least. It's all a matter of education, what you want to teach them about the culture, history, everything. And also making sure that they know first-hand from an early age what yaad is like. They can have all the Jamaican pride they want--in fact I would hope that it would be that way--proud of their heritage and where their family is from! :thumbs:I'm already setting up the visitation schedule for my kids to be in JA, and they are they're not even CLOSE to being conceived yet! :lol: :lol:

nuh mek her fool we.. her and belly already got the breeding room and primal days for conception mapped out LOL

Timeline

My Dad is Jamaican and my Mom Haitian and I claim and celebrate both parts of my heritage. My Husband and I had this very same convo not too long ago and he told me it doesn't matter where my parents are from I am American! I asked him well our children, what will they be? He looked :blink: and didn't think twice and said my yut is going to be American. He said if you are not bawn a yaad you are not a Yardie. I see what he is saying but I don't agree I think I am West Indian fi true LOL although my Nationality is American...

I think this is important to remember too...recognizing the difference between nationality vs. culture/heritage.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I asked Louis his thoughts on the born in America... AMerican thing. He said our child will be St Lucian/American. Both... they don't have to be born on SLU to be a Lucian.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
who have excitement now? mi gonna drap a sleep soon..

a you fi come start it

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Another project UGHHHH I want to go home smiley-computer001.gif

me too....and no more party fi mi! i need sleep...

I am rolling...Jonesie asked me what was so funny...so I told her what you all were talking about...she started laughing and said her husband is the same way. She said on his 1st Christmas here, the song Feliz Navidad came on and he was singing to the top of his lungs "Police nyam mi dawg"...she said the whole family stopped and looked at him...then they all burst out laughing when they found out what "nyam" meant.

LMAO!!!!! I needed this laugh today....oh boy did I ever need it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Going back to catch up. :rofl:

I have TEARS rolling down mi face!!!!

bwaahaaa how the hell did i miss this

i literally laughed out loud

that one was funny as hell..

Me too Not Police nyam mi dawg that is classic!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Timeline

a you fi come start it

fi really Bunz...look like duppy di a ole r dung fi a few weeks now...

finese u deh pon hiatus?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

a you fi come start it

mi already tell you mi party problem at mi yard so now mi wan hear oonu problems..

a you fi come start it

fi really Bunz...look like duppy di a ole r dung fi a few weeks now...

finese u deh pon hiatus?

no, mi just tiyad...too much party mi tell yuh

Timeline
I need a little help. Some of you ladies are so good with words....

A man I know and work with on occasion has lost his mother. He is Italian, and in Italy, so not someone I see all the time but such a nice man I would like to send him a little note...

Give me some nice words to say.... Luigi is at least 60 so I am sure his mother was quite old.

Cat, this is my favorite poem:

Don't Grieve For Me For Now I'm Free

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free

I'm following the path God laid for me.

I took His hand when I heard Him call;

I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day,

To laugh, to love, to work or play.

Tasks left undone must stay that way;

I found that place at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void,

Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared a laugh, a kiss;

Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life's been full, I savored much;

Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch. Perhaps my time seems all to brief;

Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.

Lift up your heart and share with me,

God wanted me now, He set me free.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A man I know and work with on occasion has lost his mother. He is Italian, and in Italy, so not someone I see all the time but such a nice man I would like to send him a little note...

Give me some nice words to say.... Luigi is at least 60 so I am sure his mother was quite old.

Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch. Perhaps my time seems all to brief;

:crying::crying: now mi really wan lay mi head down...

Filed: Timeline

JG...I like that one also. I've also heard someone sing it.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.