baron555

The foods they made you try.....and you liked!

133 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Don't make a comment like that without some details...i.e. where did she put the peanut butter??? :D

You mean where did I put the peanut butter. ;)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Don't make a comment like that without some details...i.e. where did she put the peanut butter??? :D

You mean where did I put the peanut butter. ;)

I DO like Super Chunky peanut butter, Jif. I do not know if Alla likes it?

I do know she like Champagne and Whipped Cream and Strawberries and Chocolate.

In one of my moments of weakness !!! when we were in Kiev, somehow I did agree to giving her a massage everyday after she arrives.

She says, "I have document!" to prove this?!!

My cross will be heavy. I will bear it with great strength and vigor. I will do huMANity proud!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

It's amazing the things we'll agree to whilst in the heat of battle. You need to ask your general to leave (I use this word lightly) sticky notes, so you can read what he got you into.

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Since we're resurrecting old threads, I just have to say that PB&J blini is the shiz. Anyone else have any Americanized versions of motherland favorites?

Nope, none that I can think of. You just cannot do anything with the salty fish :lol: I think Vika would like a salty fish scented air freshener though.

On a related note, I was surprised how similar (as in EXACTLY alike) some of our dishes are to the traditional Eastern European fare. Pilmeni and galupsi come immediately to mind.

Salty fish... :wacko:

Alla loves maple syrup and has since day one. My MIL would not eat it...convinced it was some capitalist chemical concoction. So I was bringing the stuff to Ukraine in increasing amounts, I get it right from the tree in Vermont. Meanwhile Alla is trying to convince her mom it is OK, it is "all natural" Alla started increasing her requests for syrup, up from quarts to half gallons to 4 gallons on my last visit!!! (before she got her visa) Plays hell with the luggage weight restrictions! What gives.? Who knows? Maybe the kids are eating all of it? Then she catches her mom drinking a glass of it STRAIGHT UP one morning. Turns out she has decided it is "good for the stomach" and is chugging a glass every morning!!!!!!!

Anyway, syrup on blimi's has the approval of Ukrainians in this household!

Since we're resurrecting old threads, I just have to say that PB&J blini is the shiz. Anyone else have any Americanized versions of motherland favorites?

Nope, none that I can think of. You just cannot do anything with the salty fish :lol: I think Vika would like a salty fish scented air freshener though.

On a related note, I was surprised how similar (as in EXACTLY alike) some of our dishes are to the traditional Eastern European fare. Pilmeni and galupsi come immediately to mind.

whenever Alla gives me the "I waited in line to buy a half cucumber...." speech I say "No one waited in line for that salty fish #######, did they?"

Actually, I think they do wait in line for it :rofl: Vika takes honey by the spoon for her digestion too :wacko:

Super chunky peanut butter! Anna killed a new jar in 2 days since she's been here... ;)

Vika will not touch peanut butter - she says it is like salty fish smells and tastes for me.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Reminds me of that scene from the movie SuperTroopers. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247745/

:thumbs: "So much of my power is derived from these beautiful brown lips."

Super chunky peanut butter! Anna killed a new jar in 2 days since she's been here... ;)

My wife can't stand peanut butter. Although, after three years of being here, she finally ate a peanut butter cookie yesterday. Hmmm. Maybe she's starting to become Americanized after all!

In one of my moments of weakness !!! when we were in Kiev, somehow I did agree to giving her a massage everyday after she arrives.

She says, "I have document!" to prove this?!!

My cross will be heavy. I will bear it with great strength and vigor. I will do huMANity proud!

My buddy says his wife made many "campaign promises" but now that she's been elected to office, she's stopped doing them. He's staged many "petitions for redress" and thus far has been unsucksessful.

The albatross around your neck may actually be more of a charm than a curse!

Vika will not touch peanut butter - she says it is like salty fish smells and tastes for me.

We have a jar of PB in the pantry and a stack of salty fish in the freezer. Needless to say, there are clearly defined ownership properties attached to each item.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
We have a jar of PB in the pantry and a stack of salty fish in the freezer. Needless to say, there are clearly defined ownership properties attached to each item.

I'll give you a buck if you eat a PB & SF sandwich. :P

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

OOohhhhh. Give me some beer first. Lots and lots of beer.

My wife has a good buddy that comes over and they get stupid drunk together. I'll happen to walk in and these girls are making all kinds of concoctions like that above. Never a PB & SF yet, but just give it a little time.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

You know, I have made a comment on this subforum a couple times; I should start an import business in Russia for Peanut Butter. Sure, some have seen it in stores in Moscow and other major outlets but I am telling you, the Russian I have met "eat this stuff up".

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
You know, I have made a comment on this subforum a couple times; I should start an import business in Russia for Peanut Butter. Sure, some have seen it in stores in Moscow and other major outlets but I am telling you, the Russian I have met "eat this stuff up".

The peanut butter I saw on the shelves in Russia was imported from Poland.

The peanut butter I saw on the shelves in Russia was imported from Poland.

Obviously it's not fat enough.

I had two giant jars in Siberia, I could have traded spoonfuls for sexual favors :bonk:

Why didn't you?

Русский форум член.

That is truly disgusting. Are you sure you are really American? :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.