19 posts in this topic

ya include his 2008 W2 you can print it on mypay. hubby was also deployed in 2008 but he filed his income tax online..

and the income is not zero, his income for 2008 is non taxable because they are deployed in a war zone..

The instructions state that if you didn't pay any tax/filed, you need to provide a written statement to that effect.

Which seems what you are missing.

I take it he was deployed in a "warzone" so he doesn't need to pay taxes during that period?

Just make a statement to that effect!

Yeah, he already print another copy of the 2008 Tax Return and a written explanation.

But we attached a letter from his commander that he was deployed in 2008, does it count as a written explanation?

Hey Girlie, what about attaching a copy of his PCS orders of his deployment with the explanation letter? Militray orders go a long way.

I hope you get this straighten out soon

Big hug!!

Beth

Oh well Bruha, we did attached that. an employment letter and a letter from the commander that he was deployed last 2008. Guess what? still an RFE. Don't worry sweetie, I'll be okay....

Hi. I just called NVC, and they told me that the Missing Information they want from us is my husband's 2008 tax from IRF. Which I know, we already send it.

Guess we don't have to argue with them.

So here's my questions:

1. what is the number we should call to request for the 2008 tax? how long will it take for us to receive it?

2. as soon as we receive the 2008 tax, where are we going to send the RFE?

My gosh! i just hope this is the first and last RFE!

Thank you so much!

Hi Mariel, you guessed right - don't argue with them. We got RFE last week for missing photos. And I called NVC and tried to argue with the lady that we did send 4 photos with the DS-230, and she said: "I'm sorry, the person who is working on your file is missing the photos. Please, send 2 photos, blah, blah..." So, try to reply ASAP. That woman said we didn't have to wait for the letter in mail to send back the RFE. But what we had to wait was another cover sheet in e-mail, which we received one day later after my phone call. Call NVC and speak to someone, ask them if you actually could e-mail the RFE. I've read on VJ in other threads that some ppl e-mailed the RFE replies. Good luck and no more bumpy rides :thumbs:

Exactly! I was like rewinding what I say...over and over and over again...and the operator keeps telling me the same thing. Well, a friend of mine emailed it, coz we haev the same problem, it took NVC almost 2 weeks to read the email. so I guess we just have to mail it overnight. Hopefully a case complete next week.

Hey Mariel

hope u r doing ok

they r not stupid ...they stated in the guidelines if ur income is ZERO u must provide a written explaination , which i believe u missed ...so please go a head and do so and u will be just fine ..

the only thing that may bother u is that u may miss the schedulling for that month ..so probably u will be scheduled in August for Sep Interview

be patience

Sorry brother, I'm just so pissed off with it. Maybe I'm so confident that the employment letter and the letter from the commander and all the proofs that he is in the Army and he was deployed is enough...

Yes,that interview schedule is really bothering me too...don't you knw that they already assigned a late August interview in the Philippines? so most probably if i have my case complete next week or next next week, guess what? I'll have late September or worse, an October interview.

hi sis,

my friend (MC18) has the same RFE for her son's case.. they want her husband's 2008 tax, her husband already called NVC saying that he was on deployment (until now) and even extension he was not able to file it so they want a written explanation about it.. they already sent it almost 1 week now but still NVC saying they dont have it etc. etc. etc.

my friend's ase was completed since May 13th, but due to her son's case pending, her interview is getting delayed...

i wish NVC gives consideration to those husbands are on deployment..

are talking about Merce? yeah, I know her case, She told me that her husband emailed the written explanation to NVC, and until now NVC havent read it. That's why I don't liek to email it. I rather have it mailed. Thank you.

Ohh, too bad. I got the an RFE requesting for the same thing. But, since my husband wasn't in deployment last year, I really expected that we needed to submit his 2008 tax transcript so, he got it in a day. And, we submitted it as soon as we got it. The NVC will send you an email as to where you have to send the response. They also include a cover sheet for the response, so it won't be missing when it gets to the NVC for another review. Dealing with RFEs really sucks, but the best thing you have to do is to SEND IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN and you will have your case completion maybe before this month ends. Good luck, sis!

These are things you will get from NVC (not complete)

cr1b.jpg

cr11.jpg

NVC emailed me that covering letter, hubby will mail it hopefully this friday, coz he will be out for a training for 3days. Well,

I'm hoping that as soon as they recieve it..they will ave my case complete in days.,

Call 1-800-829-1040 they will say it takes 7 to 10 days but when my husband requested for it, it only took 3 days. :)

I called yesterday and they faxed it to me immediately... no fee no wait other than being on hold for 10 minutes...

Yes sweetie, thank you.. I already have the covering letter,.Hubby printed another copy of the 2008 tax and written letter, but wasnt able to send it earlier.

The instructions state that if you didn't pay any tax/filed, you need to provide a written statement to that effect.

Which seems what you are missing.

I take it he was deployed in a "warzone" so he doesn't need to pay taxes during that period?

Just make a statement to that effect!

Yeah, he already print another copy of the 2008 Tax Return and a written explanation.

But we attached a letter from his commander that he was deployed in 2008, does it count as a written explanation?

Make sure you include the W-2 for 2008 to go with the 2008 return.

Yes sir, we did! thank you so much....

Hey

i did not send the 2008 with my I864 bcz i had extension for 2008

u can get the irs transcripts from any irs office in 2 minutes

good luck

abby n sheryl

Thank you so much and goodluck to you and sheryl..hoping for NO RFE! it sucks!lol

ya include his 2008 W2 you can print it on mypay. hubby was also deployed in 2008 but he filed his income tax online..

and the income is not zero, his income for 2008 is non taxable because they are deployed in a war zone..

well, he already printed one, yes on mypay. adn attached a written explanation. but the bad news is..he will be on training for the whole week, he'll try to mail it overnight this friday. Hoping for a case complete early this July. I'm really hoping for a late august or early september interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.