peace

July 5th Anyone touched today?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Its already successive 3 days that we know USCIS is working on our papers. I am wondering if what other VJ member posted is true. Like USCIS has automatic updating system? Well I hope this means something good for us since our cases is almost at our 120 days timeline. I Hope and I am praying :crying:

Yup, touched today as well.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Almost everyone has been touched or updated the last three days. From what we can tell is just the system catching up with the RFEs. Just to let you know, there are alot of us with NOA1 dates in March that are still waiting too. Good luck and hope that we all get our NOA2s soon!!!!!

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

"USCIS, We touch because we care" :lol:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

I cannot imagine that USCIS does auto-touching.

They must have some system in place that involves the barcodes. With that said, if your file is picked up and scanned, it shows a "touch".

If something significant occurs, they would then apply the "boiler plate" statements, such as: RFE sent, Case Approved, etc...

Any other approach would be a totally inefficient process. We know they are being efficient to get us all to approval and quick! :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hopefully, you'll get your NOA2 very soon.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Strangely enough, me, the queen of touching, haven't been touched today. :P

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Its already successive 3 days that we know USCIS is working on our papers. I am wondering if what other VJ member posted is true. Like USCIS has automatic updating system? Well I hope this means something good for us since our cases is almost at our 120 days timeline. I Hope and I am praying :crying:

My guess is that they update the status dates using some sort of batch system. I won't bore you with a bunch of computer language, but the idea is that computer processing is done in groups. There is a queue that stores up data then a group of updates will be done at the same time.

Ok that is still a boring computer explanation, but considering government offices tend to be religious about shutting down on national holidays, I really doubt there were actually people processing cases on July 4. I would love to think that they work 24x7 365 days a year, I just think it is highly unlikely.

Qiao

我爱小兔子

I cannot imagine that USCIS does auto-touching.

They must have some system in place that involves the barcodes. With that said, if your file is picked up and scanned, it shows a "touch".

If something significant occurs, they would then apply the "boiler plate" statements, such as: RFE sent, Case Approved, etc...

Any other approach would be a totally inefficient process. We know they are being efficient to get us all to approval and quick! :yes:

It hads to be what qiao said, cuz I get updated at 9:30AM EST! There's no way CSC is working at 6:30AM.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I got a touch. July 5. I hate all this talk about touches but here I go contributing to the touching. I don't think it necessarily means anything more than that they are working on the RFE so I won't get my hopes up until I see approvals coming out every day.

Batching or not, I highly doubt that these are automatic responses. They barcode the files and then, perhaps, the updates are conducted in batch form.

Insofar as Government offices being shut down on all holidays, not true. Especially, with the fact that they are so far behind. Having worked for the USG, If work needs to be done, people will work. Not all, but some. I have had the misfortune of working on several holidays.

My guess is that they update the status dates using some sort of batch system. I won't bore you with a bunch of computer language, but the idea is that computer processing is done in groups. There is a queue that stores up data then a group of updates will be done at the same time.

Ok that is still a boring computer explanation, but considering government offices tend to be religious about shutting down on national holidays, I really doubt there were actually people processing cases on July 4. I would love to think that they work 24x7 365 days a year, I just think it is highly unlikely.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Touched today too!

I wonder why..... I haven't even sent the RFE back yet...... :unsure:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.