mikeNcharlene

HPV in Ontario

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi fellow VJ ladies,

I keep receiving different answers about this topic. Is the gardasil vaccination covered by OHIP in Ontario? Do you I have to have these done by the time my medical interview? Or by the time my AOS is over?

I hope its covered by OHIP, all of these little costs keep adding up! Yeesch!

Unfortunately it isn't covered by OHIP (I wish it was!) It's also not covered by my health insurance through my employer. Blah. I'm not pleased with it, because my interview is less than a month before my 27th birthday, at which point it won't even be required for me. That's just my own personal vent. Heh.

If you are interviewing in Montreal, you'll have to have at least started the series of shots by the time you go for your medical. I'm not sure if Vancouver has the same requirement or not, but I know Montreal does. For example, if you have the first shot a month before the medical, that's fine. If you have the first shot say 4 months before the medical, but haven't had the second shot yet, that's not fine. As for AOS, I'm not sure. I think you'll have to have the whole series of shots completed, but don't quote me on that.

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Unfortunately it isn't covered by OHIP (I wish it was!) It's also not covered by my health insurance through my employer. Blah. I'm not pleased with it, because my interview is less than a month before my 27th birthday, at which point it won't even be required for me. That's just my own personal vent. Heh.

If you are interviewing in Montreal, you'll have to have at least started the series of shots by the time you go for your medical. I'm not sure if Vancouver has the same requirement or not, but I know Montreal does. For example, if you have the first shot a month before the medical, that's fine. If you have the first shot say 4 months before the medical, but haven't had the second shot yet, that's not fine. As for AOS, I'm not sure. I think you'll have to have the whole series of shots completed, but don't quote me on that.

I think it depends on when you send in your AOS compaired to when your last shot was and when you are due for the next one...but I have been reading that they mark it off as complete on your vaccination form, and that its just up to you after that to complete the shots, so I'm not sure. I think if this is the case you might be ok to just send in the vaccination page they give you at the civil surgeon and send that in, but if they should RFE you for a newer transcription of your vaccinations, that you would need to have your shots upto whatever they were suppose to be at.

I'm not 100% sure on this though.

I know for the medical, I'm getting my shot just before it, so that I'm not close to needing the new shot and get a pending medical. Thankfully my fiance's insurance in the states will cover the shot so I will finish my course of it down there.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

No, it's not covered. The first shot cost me $275!!!!

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

omg!!! do all three cost that?!?!

canadian health care is really going down hill!

Hi and welcome :)

I personally don't think it has anything to do with Canadian health care, the shot is not mandatory in Canada (nor in the U.S. actually) - only mandatory for U.S. immigration.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thank you for asking this, i was wondering the same. i 'm almost positive I'll be 27 before the interview

THANK GOD!

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just to clarify, they do not mark the Gardisil shots as complete on your medical form unless you have already completed all 3. It says "insufficent time interval" meaning the series has been started, but has not yet been completed due to time restrictions. My understanding, is that you need to show you have continued the series of shots for AOS. If your AOS filling date comes at a time before you are medically suposed to complete the 3rd shot, then thats perfectly fine, but if the series should be finished at that time, then you should show you have completed all 3 shots. However, there has been some debate about whether or not they inforce their own guidelines... I will be getting all the shots to be safe for AOS purposes, as well as medical purposes.

As the others have said, OHIP doesn't cover it, and many if not most medical insurance companies do not cover it either. I got my shots at Shoppers Drug Mart and paid $179 each.

Timeline

I think it depends on when you send in your AOS compaired to when your last shot was and when you are due for the next one...but I have been reading that they mark it off as complete on your vaccination form, and that its just up to you after that to complete the shots, so I'm not sure. I think if this is the case you might be ok to just send in the vaccination page they give you at the civil surgeon and send that in, but if they should RFE you for a newer transcription of your vaccinations, that you would need to have your shots upto whatever they were suppose to be at.

I'm not 100% sure on this though.

I know for the medical, I'm getting my shot just before it, so that I'm not close to needing the new shot and get a pending medical. Thankfully my fiance's insurance in the states will cover the shot so I will finish my course of it down there.

Like Huggles mention, it does not say complete. It says insufficient time interval, so you still have to complete the series in a timely manner for your AOS. I had the first two shots before my interview in March, and then my last shot was in May. I actually included a Dr.'s note showing my final shot in May for my AOS. I'll let you guys know if I get an RFE.

Whoa - where on earth did you buy it? I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart and it was $178/shot.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

My doctor's office charge $150 a shot..... and luckily my doctor had me double check with my work benefits and it turns out they cover 80%. I hope some of you may also be pleasantly surprised that your benefits cover it too!!!

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.