Kathyjake

peruvian people

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hola gente peruchi!!!!!

Yo naci aca en NY pero me crie en LIma Peru!!!!!

Estuve en el Colegio Americano de Miraflores! Ahi fue donde conoci a mi novio... desde chikita lo perseguia porq tenia unos ojotes verdes q me eloquecia! Bueno todavia los tiene jiiji

Despues mis padres me cambiaron de colegio y estuve en el Magister de Monterrico nunca mas esuche de mi novio ni el de mi !!!

Los anhios pasaron 19 para se exactos Me mude de vuelta a NY hace 9 anhios y estudie por aca... Un dia de 2005 me contacto con mi novio atraves del hi5 lo busque de la nada y lo encontre no shicimos amigos de nuevo y hablamos casi todos los dias! eso fue en oct del 2005 luego en enero del 2006 fui a Lima a ver a mi familia y me reuni con el! Mariposas trombones etc etc nos enamoramos perdidamente y nos ammamos con locura y pasion!!!!

Segui llendo a lima cada seis meses hasta q este ultimo Octubre mi novio me pidio oficialemte q me casara con el cuando llegue a lima en pleno aeropuerto jorge chavez en medio de 100 perosnas se arrodillo y me dijo te kiieres casar conmigo entonces!?!? ja ja y yo uuuuuuuu si !!!

y asi comenzo la travesia de que ahora estamos epserando q salga esta visa ara empezar nuestras vidas en NY! (L)(F):luv:

mmmm, pienso que nunca me ha chocado nada ero lo q si no me gusta de los estados en que he estado es que a partir de las 10-11 no hay ni un solo taxi!!! Bueno en manhattan es distinto pero eso es lo que me molesta! Jajajaaja! Por eso me encanta Lima, camino 5 cuadras hacia la avenida y encuentro un taxi a la hora que sea! :D

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Gracias por compartir tu historia con nosotros,

MKCT

Tienes mucha razon sobre lo que dices de los taxis, en Manhattan encuentras taxis en todos lados pero donde vivimo - Morris Park no hay taxis en ningun lado, estoy tan acostumbrada a tomar taxis en Lima y a movilizarme donde quiera que esto me molesta un poco, lo bueno es que la bicicleta me ayuda a moverme a donde quiera cerca a casa cuando Hubby no esta paa hacerla de chofer.

Ah, un taxi de Manhattan a mi casa te cuesta $35 aprox, no es tan tan caro felizmente.

Mucha suerte e tu entrevista!!

saludos

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Gracias Viiiii!!!!! :D YA nos conceremos cuando llegue a NY!!! :D Besitos!!!!

Mirla.

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Can I tell our story? Can I tell it in English? I can speak Spanish/Castellano, but sometimes I butcher the grammar when I write. This is probably going to end up being kind of long, but anyway, here goes...

To start off, my name is Dennis and I'm the American citizen...Erika is my Peruvian queen. Our story started out when I worked with a friend named Andres who grew up in Peru and came to the US when the University of Kansas brought him here. We became friends when we worked at a job for a little while a few years back (2003, I think). I always told him that if he ever went down to Peru and wanted to bring any of his gringo friends that I would love to go some day. Eventually that day came in 2006. In July of 2006, I went down there with Andres and his wife and another couple. I was the fifth wheel and the only one who couldn't speak Spanish. Well, at the time I was tired of dealing with American women. I had always thought that Latin women are the most beautiful in the world and to top it off, had heard that they are very passionate and dedicated to their man...definitely MUCH better than what I had been dealing with here in the US. My partying days were over and I was looking to settle down if I met the right woman. So before we went down, I told Andres that I wanted to find myself a sweet, beautiful Latin woman while down in Peru. I didn't think I would in just two weeks but thought it would be worth a try :yes: So I sent him some pictures of me and he did some "marketing" for me before we went down :lol: I had a few potential dates lined up before we even got on the plane. But the second night we were in Lima we went to a party with a lot of people who Andres went to school with. That's where I met my sweetheart. My first impression was Wow! She looked gorgeous and seemed shy with a touch of confidence. We couldn't communicate so we just started dancing. Everyone at the party stopped what they were doing and started cheering us on like something straight out of Footloose, Peruvian style. Everyone was filming and taking pictures of Erika dancing with the crazy gringo. So after we danced, we had Andres translate for a little while and we ended up exchanging emails. For me, it was love at first sight, but I wasn't sure what she thought. The next day me and the two couples I was with left for Cusco but Erika and I emailed each other a few times a day while I was away from Lima. I wanted to see her again BAD!!! :blush: When we got back from Cusco Erika spent the first day with us. We had a lot of fun in Lima and a couple of beach towns to the south. The next day we were sitting on the couch at Andres' family's house with a pocket dictionary ("nuestro amigo"), trying to converse on our own. After several minutes, Erika did something I'll remember for the rest of my life. She flipped through and pointed out the word "matrimonio". I felt a warm and fuzzy feeling go through my body. I looked at her and she smiled nervously and gave me a look that said "What do you think????" I must have had the biggest smile on my face. I have to admit I was a little shocked but I thought about it for probably two or three seconds then shook my head up and down and said, "OK!" The rest, as they say, is history.

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

Filed: Timeline
I don't get it, she proposed to you????? , that was fast.

Unofficially, she brought up the idea, so I guess you could say she semi-proposed. But I didn't have to think about it for very long. It was definitely a love at first sight thing for both of us. I did the official proposal six months later when I requested permission to marry Erika, from her mother (her father passed away several years ago). Shortly after, I put the ring on her finger. My family was pretty nervous about everything but now that they've gotten to know her they absolutely love her and can see why I acted so fast :thumbs:

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hola a todos!!!!

Hace tiempo que no entro por esta web. Estoy full en los preparativos para mi viaje este 3 de marzo.

En el 2005 fui a Bismarck ND para un intercambio cultural. Fui a enseñar español en una universidad. Antes de viajar, entré el chat de yahoo para buscar gente de esa zona que me ayude con información sobre la ciudad y de las vías de acceso allí (bus, tren, avión, etc) pues viajaba de Lima a NY (donde tengo familia) y luego iba a Bismarck. Allí nos conocimos y hblábamos regularmente. Lo gracioso es que al inicio ambos sentíamos un poco de antipatía por el otro. Él era súper fastidoso y pues jamás pensé que podrámos tener una relación. Cuando llegué a USA, sólo nos vimos el primer día que llegué a la ciudad. Después de tres meses de sólo hablar por teléfono y a veces hasta discutir...jajaja... por fin salimos nuevamente y pues creo que allí empezamos a flecharnos...luego vinieron los meses más hermosos de mi vida, compartiendo con él mil cosas.... conociéndonos y queriéndonos día tras día. Luego de un año regresé a Perú. Tristeza por la separación. Tres meses después, él se aventuró a venir a Perú a verme por m cumpleaños y por nuestro aniversario... y me propuso matrimonio en noviembre del 2006. yeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... En enero 2007 empezamos a ser los papeles para la K1...y en marzo estuvimos mandando todo el paquete. El 4 de setiembre obtuvimos la Visa por fin. Por motivos personales y laborales, recién estoy viajando este 3 de marzo. Mi amorcito viene a recogerme y juntos iremos a nuestro pequeño pueblito jajajaja. Durante todo este tiempo, hablamos todos los días y Scott ha venido 3 veces a Perú y en agosto del año pasado fuimos a Cancún (luna de miel por adelantado jajajaja). Mi fmailia lo quiere muchísimo y su familia también me quiere bastante.

Enf in....creo que tdoos aquí en este forum compartimos este sentimiento... les deseo suerte a todos y que sigamos en contacto. Si les puedo ayudar en algo estoy para servirles.

Kemerly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.