good hearted man

ADVICE NEEDED ABOUT HOW TO START MY VISA PROCESS

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the best place to come .I am in the process of filing in a petition for my soon to be Wife who is in Nigeria right now.I am Nigerian too.Been living in America for close to 10 years now.

I came here on a visiting Visa and later met and married another Nigerian lady but we got divorced like 6 years ago.

My ex wife filed for me while we were still married and i got my permanent residency through my first marriage.

Over the past 4 years, i met a nice lady whom i cared for and we both fell in love.We got engaged 3 years ago on my trip to Nigeria and i have been to Nigeria three more time to see my baby.

We planning on getting married sometime next year and i plan to file a petition for her to join me here.

I will like some advice on what to do , what to file, what to look out for.?.

I know this can be a long process but all advice is needed to prepare.

Chris :dance::star:

Filed: Other Country: Virgin Islands
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I hope this is the best place to come .I am in the process of filing in a petition for my soon to be Wife who is in Nigeria right now.I am Nigerian too.Been living in America for close to 10 years now.

I came here on a visiting Visa and later met and married another Nigerian lady but we got divorced like 6 years ago.

My ex wife filed for me while we were still married and i got my permanent residency through my first marriage.

Over the past 4 years, i met a nice lady whom i cared for and we both fell in love.We got engaged 3 years ago on my trip to Nigeria and i have been to Nigeria three more time to see my baby.

We planning on getting married sometime next year and i plan to file a petition for her to join me here.

:wow::wow::wow::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::ot2::ot2::ot2: GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

3/14/06 - ACTED A FOOL 1 month to the day GC received!!!

9/21/07- Went to the LAUNDROMAT. Visa Journey OVER FOR GOOD!!!!!

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thank you

Hi everyone,

Thank you

i am not really sure the path to take but i will advice you to get a lawyer...it might be expensive and a very long process

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thank you

i am not really sure the path to take but i will advice you to get a lawyer...it might be expensive and a very long process

can someone tell me which is the best between the k3 and the IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process .Which is faster and what are the things i need to have

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Are you a citizen or a resident? K-3 generally is faster for some, but the CR-1 is less work once they get here because you don't have to adjust status, you just get the green card in the mail. You need to apply for the I-130/CR-1 before you can apply for the K-3. Do both and follow which one comes faster for you. Personally lawyers are a waste of money dealing with nigeria. You can save money and fill out paperwork by yourself. Nigeria does not give preferential treatment for people with lawyers. Considering your immigration history, you need to collect and present as much evidence as possible for your interview.

06/06/05 I-130 NOA1

06/14/05 K-3 NOA1

07/08/05 k-3 NOA2

07/22/05 K-3 leaves NVC to Lagos

08/08/05 Hubby picks up interview packet from embassy

11/17/05 K-3 interview (denied, C.O refused to take co-sponsor for k-3)

12/16/05 I-130 NOA2

01/03/06 NVC assigns case number

02/15/06 Case complete (thank you James Shortcuts- only 6 weeks!)

04/19/06 tired of waiting, filed k-3 #2 ( petition is still lost in oblivion)

09/11/06 NVC scheduled CR-1 interview/ on to Lagos (thank God after 7 months of waiting!)

10/14/06 Interview date (success!)

10/18/06 Hubby goes to pick up visa- not ready ( ugh what's going on!)

10/19/06 Visa in hand ( thank you God!)

10/29/06 Together at last :)

Whole process 1 year and 4 months

There are a few questions answered in this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...pr+spousal+visa

If you search here, I'm sure you will find other threads with more info.

Sounds like you're going to need a lawyer.

Timeline

Thank you for your enlighten comments.

I am a US citizen.So what will you advice and do you know how long will the time frame of either the CR 1or K3 take.

Hi everyone,

Thank you

can someone tell me which is the best between the k3 and the IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process .Which is faster and what are the things i need to have

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

First you need to decide if your filing before or after marriage K1 being for intent to marry K3/CR1 after marriage, not sure about problems from previous immigration matters you usually dont get much good out of a lawyer. CR1 (if after) i feel is better K1 (before) prob fastest

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Other Country: Virgin Islands
Timeline

Ok if you really want help with your SITUATION, why not start off by being honest with these people. It is unforgiveable that you could come on here seeking help for yourself and not really being honest about your REAL situation. If you are playing a game then again shame on you! This process is very real, long, stressful and painful for the people going through it. They take time away from their lives to be a support and a help to others going through this process, and to mock them is REALLY LOW!!!!!! You know that better than anyone what that was like for your FORMER wife. So continue to deceive these people if you like, it will not go well for you. :angry:

3/14/06 - ACTED A FOOL 1 month to the day GC received!!!

9/21/07- Went to the LAUNDROMAT. Visa Journey OVER FOR GOOD!!!!!

Timeline

After reading you unwarranted comments , i read some of your past post and i will like to clarify this once and for all

I am not your EX- HUSBAND and please never reply me if you will disrecpect me.

Because you EX is a Nigerian does not mean you should start cursing all Nigerian MEN that submitted posts in this Forum..Channel your frustrations to the right directions .

Timeline

This reply is in response to the post by BESANGIN.After reading you unwarranted comments , i read some of your past post and i will like to clarify this once and for all

I am not your EX- HUSBAND and please never reply me if you will disrecpect me.

Because your EX is a Nigerian does not mean you should start cursing all Nigerian MEN that submitted posts in this Forum..Channel your frustrations to the right directions .

I am here because i needed some advice and not to be cursed by a person that looks for Nigerian men to vent on....ONCE AGAIN....I AM NOT YOUR EX-HUSBAND and you can email me your number so that you can stop being PARANOID

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.