Steve S

hating on the "newbies"

112 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

When I have perused VJ forums other than this one (believe me, I rarely bother anymore), I have noticed many derogatory smears against "noobs" or "newbies". As if the significance of one's opinions is proportionate to the number of blue or orange boxes under one's username. To me it seems to be elitist, bullying behavior. It reminds me of Dr. Seuss's Sneetches with "stars upon thars".

Fortunately, this doesn't seem to happen in the Russia forum.

You guys rock.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline
maybe you should get around a little more often. there is no newbie bashing allowed here!!!!!

We don't bite here. We only nibble a little. Ok, ok! A little light slapping, but that's it, really!

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

When I have perused VJ forums other than this one (believe me, I rarely bother anymore), I have noticed many derogatory smears against "noobs" or "newbies". As if the significance of one's opinions is proportionate to the number of blue or orange boxes under one's username. To me it seems to be elitist, bullying behavior. It reminds me of Dr. Seuss's Sneetches with "stars upon thars".

Fortunately, this doesn't seem to happen in the Russia forum.

You guys rock.

that's because we're fat americans who sit on the computer all day and take these forums seriously- arguing about meaningless topics, taking offense from someone you'll never meet. it's all fun and games and we wear these hearts like badges of honor when really it's an indicator of who the big loser is. i'm on my way to the topppppp!

Filed: Timeline
that's because we're fat americans who sit on the computer all day and take these forums seriously- arguing about meaningless topics, taking offense from someone you'll never meet. it's all fun and games and we wear these hearts like badges of honor when really it's an indicator of who the big loser is. i'm on my way to the topppppp!

Damn straight.

And oh #######, I'm out of Mallowmars. Be right back, making a Costco run...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Don't let it bother you too much. It's the Internet...people will always be blunt or at least come off that way. Just move past it. It's not worth getting upset over. Just look for the frendlier people! They'll cheer you up! :D

I-129F Sent 2/2/2009

NOA1 2/18/2009

Touch 2/23/2009

NOA2 Approval Date 6/18/2009 (at Igor's List #167 when approved)

NOA2 Received 6/26/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

yes,do not let it bother you too much,and stick here, the russian forum is the best...no matter how stupid a question ,or a 'just killing time' waiting for noa2 post i make,everyone here has been helpful ,fun,and most kind.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Welcome to the Russia forum where we put the fun back into dysfunctional.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I have never been hated on anywhere on the entire VJ board. The RU forum has been nothing but nice to me.

Give us time, we just haven't gotten around to you yet. ;)

Sweet. I have that going for me which is nice.

Lee.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I have never been hated on anywhere on the entire VJ board. The RU forum has been nothing but nice to me.

Give us time, we just haven't gotten around to you yet. ;)

Sweet. I have that going for me which is nice.

BTW, congrats on your recent approval! :thumbs:

Thanks. Now I get to do all of the fun stuff. By fun I mean spending a lot of money in a short amount of time. I am looking at it as preparation for marriage where I am told this will be a common occurence. :crying:

Lee.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.