emerald queen

The Journey to Forever

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I was browsing the web for procedures on the CFO and I chanced upon this website. I just want to share my K1 visa application experience.

I work in a call center and I handle reservations for an airline. July of 2008, I serviced a call from a man booking a reservation for a flight from Los Angeles CA to Maui HA. He was nice and was surprise to learn that he is speaking from someone in the Philippines. Anyway, aside from the usual inquiries regarding flight times, rates and routing, we chatted for a while. At the end of the call he asked for my phone number and e-mail address. I said, I'm sorry but I cannot disclose personal information over the phone. He laughed and said, maybe you can't give me yours but you definitely know mine. After about a week, I decided to e-mail him. We exchange several e-mails, IM with webcam and then he eventually signed up for Sprint' call the Philippines promotion. We will talk on the phone for hours and hours.

We finally met in December 05, 2008. My leave request wasn't granted so I had to work the whole time he was here. I work during the evening shift so we will go out in the morning after my work. He is a really handsome man. His family is from Sicily, Italy and he was born in Pasadena CA. He has never been married but he has one son who lives with him. He owns and leases buildings in the Murrieta area and is a very devout Christian and actually plays drums for his church's worship band. Anyway, to cut the story shory we fell inlove and despite of my family's disapproval. I went ahead and said yes when he proposed to me right after he came back to the US. We just know that we need to be together and we strongly believe that we are meant to be with each other.

January 23, 2009 he filed the petition. Petition was approved and in March 26, 2009 the NOA from the US Embassy advising me that I am eligible for interview was delivered in my apartment. Unfortunately, I wasn't at the apartment when it arrived so a neighbor received it in my behalf. I wouln't get glimpse of the NOA until May 3, 2009. My neighbor forgot to give me the letter. April 12, 2009, my fiance went back here to spend summer with me touring Bohol and Cebu. I was able to get a 3 week Leave of Absence from work. I introduced him to my family, who still up to now can't reconcile with the fact that I am getting married to a foreigner. My mother even boldly asked me if I am doing it for my ambition and told me that we do not need to cling to a foreigner to have a better life. I am from a middle-income family and I graduated from the University of the Philippines. I told her, how dare she think of me as a gold-digger. She eventually said sorry but I know that they don't approve of my decision. It's hard enough to go through the process, much harder to face it alone.

Back to the topic, so I called to make the appointment on May 6, 2009. I have to collect the paperworks so I decided to have the interview scheduled June 26, 2008. I took the medical exam in SLMEC June 19, 2009. I was confident about the whole thing. I'm not at all worried about the interview with the consul, I think I have a good command of the English language. So I arrived at 6:30 am at the US Embassy grounds. One of the employees who checks the requirements before you can proceed to Gate 2 used to work with me. I took that as a good sign. Usual security procedures and once inside the hall I submitted the proof of payment for the visa application and the forms. I was given a number, waited for a while and then biometrics. During pre-screening , the Filipino employee asked for the rest of the requirements. Birth Certificate, CENOMAR, NBI, Evidence of Support, Evidence of Engagement, etc. Everything was going fine and dandy until she told me, "your fiance registered a loss in his ITR". I asked her "would that be a problem? it's recession in the US and almost everyone is affected." She then asked me if I have support documents so I gave her his bank account statements. I was asked to sit down and wait for my number to be called.

So I waited, until I saw my number 7024 for window 33. I went inside and the consul is a Black American woman. She made me raise my right hand and swear that I will tell the truth. She asked for my name, my birthdate, name of petitioner. And then she said "so tell me how you met your fiance". So I told her how, she was smiling the whole time and I even made her laugh so hard when I told her about my job and how some Americans see the Philippines as a place for beaches and b*tches. It was a pleasant experience, I'm used to making small talks to Americans so I was comfortable. I don't know how long I was there babbling about my life but it seemed so short and she just told me, "well Best Wishes on your beach wedding. It was nice meeting you". Visa Approved. I said Thank you and then went to wait infront of Window 37. When it was my turn, I told the guy who gave me the pink slip "I just want to double check, the consul approved my request right?" He smiled and said yes. I thanked him and then went to pay for the delivery.

Every K1 visa applicant I met in SLMEC and in the US Embassy were granted visas. So I think, as long as you have all of the paperworks then It's good to go. Now I'm just waiting for the visa delivery, I'll attend the CFO and then leave ASAP. I wish everyone luck and I hope most if not all are doing this in the name of love and not anything else. I think this is the longest post here so I apologize in advance for those who will not appreciate this. Godspeed..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

very good story :thumbs: best wishes to both of you.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

your visa process went very fast, congratulations

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
That's a very nice story. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations and best wishes!!!

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Everything was going fine and dandy until she told me, "your fiance registered a loss in his ITR". I asked her "would that be a problem? it's recession in the US and almost everyone is affected." She then asked me if I have support documents so I gave her his bank account statements. I was asked to sit down and wait for my number to be called.

i thought everything went downhill from here.. geez! you gave me a scare!!! :wacko:

that was a great story and wishing you all the best in your wedding and new life in US.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi, I was browsing the web for procedures on the CFO and I chanced upon this website. I just want to share my K1 visa application experience.

I work in a call center and I handle reservations for an airline. July of 2008, I serviced a call from a man booking a reservation for a flight from Los Angeles CA to Maui HA. He was nice and was surprise to learn that he is speaking from someone in the Philippines. Anyway, aside from the usual inquiries regarding flight times, rates and routing, we chatted for a while. At the end of the call he asked for my phone number and e-mail address. I said, I'm sorry but I cannot disclose personal information over the phone. He laughed and said, maybe you can't give me yours but you definitely know mine. After about a week, I decided to e-mail him. We exchange several e-mails, IM with webcam and then he eventually signed up for Sprint' call the Philippines promotion. We will talk on the phone for hours and hours.

We finally met in December 05, 2008. My leave request wasn't granted so I had to work the whole time he was here. I work during the evening shift so we will go out in the morning after my work. He is a really handsome man. His family is from Sicily, Italy and he was born in Pasadena CA. He has never been married but he has one son who lives with him. He owns and leases buildings in the Murrieta area and is a very devout Christian and actually plays drums for his church's worship band. Anyway, to cut the story shory we fell inlove and despite of my family's disapproval. I went ahead and said yes when he proposed to me right after he came back to the US. We just know that we need to be together and we strongly believe that we are meant to be with each other.

January 23, 2009 he filed the petition. Petition was approved and in March 26, 2009 the NOA from the US Embassy advising me that I am eligible for interview was delivered in my apartment. Unfortunately, I wasn't at the apartment when it arrived so a neighbor received it in my behalf. I wouln't get glimpse of the NOA until May 3, 2009. My neighbor forgot to give me the letter. April 12, 2009, my fiance went back here to spend summer with me touring Bohol and Cebu. I was able to get a 3 week Leave of Absence from work. I introduced him to my family, who still up to now can't reconcile with the fact that I am getting married to a foreigner. My mother even boldly asked me if I am doing it for my ambition and told me that we do not need to cling to a foreigner to have a better life. I am from a middle-income family and I graduated from the University of the Philippines. I told her, how dare she think of me as a gold-digger. She eventually said sorry but I know that they don't approve of my decision. It's hard enough to go through the process, much harder to face it alone.

Back to the topic, so I called to make the appointment on May 6, 2009. I have to collect the paperworks so I decided to have the interview scheduled June 26, 2008. I took the medical exam in SLMEC June 19, 2009. I was confident about the whole thing. I'm not at all worried about the interview with the consul, I think I have a good command of the English language. So I arrived at 6:30 am at the US Embassy grounds. One of the employees who checks the requirements before you can proceed to Gate 2 used to work with me. I took that as a good sign. Usual security procedures and once inside the hall I submitted the proof of payment for the visa application and the forms. I was given a number, waited for a while and then biometrics. During pre-screening , the Filipino employee asked for the rest of the requirements. Birth Certificate, CENOMAR, NBI, Evidence of Support, Evidence of Engagement, etc. Everything was going fine and dandy until she told me, "your fiance registered a loss in his ITR". I asked her "would that be a problem? it's recession in the US and almost everyone is affected." She then asked me if I have support documents so I gave her his bank account statements. I was asked to sit down and wait for my number to be called.

So I waited, until I saw my number 7024 for window 33. I went inside and the consul is a Black American woman. She made me raise my right hand and swear that I will tell the truth. She asked for my name, my birthdate, name of petitioner. And then she said "so tell me how you met your fiance". So I told her how, she was smiling the whole time and I even made her laugh so hard when I told her about my job and how some Americans see the Philippines as a place for beaches and b*tches. It was a pleasant experience, I'm used to making small talks to Americans so I was comfortable. I don't know how long I was there babbling about my life but it seemed so short and she just told me, "well Best Wishes on your beach wedding. It was nice meeting you". Visa Approved. I said Thank you and then went to wait infront of Window 37. When it was my turn, I told the guy who gave me the pink slip "I just want to double check, the consul approved my request right?" He smiled and said yes. I thanked him and then went to pay for the delivery.

Every K1 visa applicant I met in SLMEC and in the US Embassy were granted visas. So I think, as long as you have all of the paperworks then It's good to go. Now I'm just waiting for the visa delivery, I'll attend the CFO and then leave ASAP. I wish everyone luck and I hope most if not all are doing this in the name of love and not anything else. I think this is the longest post here so I apologize in advance for those who will not appreciate this. Godspeed..

congratulations and best wishes !

Hi there! you have a very sweet story... im sorry that you are yet to have your family's support. i guess they feel bad that you are going to move so far away. in time, when they see you happy and well, they will be more supportive, im sure. give them the opportunity to mourn at their own pace, and continue to love and show them that you and fiancee are good for one another. congratulations on acing the interview :thumbs: much happiness and blessings in life for you.

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi there! you have a very sweet story... im sorry that you are yet to have your family's support. i guess they feel bad that you are going to move so far away. in time, when they see you happy and well, they will be more supportive, im sure. give them the opportunity to mourn at their own pace, and continue to love and show them that you and fiancee are good for one another. congratulations on acing the interview :thumbs: much happiness and blessings in life for you.

Congrats !! .. a powerful love story.. Fighting for your LOVE :dance: As for your family, they will always be your family and someday soon they will understand and accept your decision :thumbs:

GOODLUCK and Best Wishes to both of you!

01/26/09 : Application Received

04/30/09 : Application Approved

05/04/09 : NOA2 Received

05/23/09 : Letter from embassy Received

07/13/09 : Medical Exam @ St Luke

07/30/09 : Interview Schedule

08/04/09 : Visa Received

12/09/09 : Husband's Arrival in the Philippines

12/19/09 : Pre-nuptial Banquet in the Philippines

01/06/10 : Flight to US with my husband

01/07/10 : US Arrival , Chicago as POE

03/18/10 : Wedding Day!!!! :-)

07/12/10 : Medical Exam by US Civil Surgeon

08/18/10 : Day 1 Sent AOS Package

08/21/10 : Day 3 AOS Package Received by USCIS Chicago LockBox

08/31/10 : Day 13 Check Cashed

09/07/10 : Day 20 Received Biometrics Appointment

09/22/10 : Day 35 Biometrics Schedule

09/23/10 : Day 36 AOS and EAD touched :-)

09/27/10 : Day 40 Received Transfer Notice

10/18/10 : Day 61 EAD Card Production and Travel Document approved

10/25/10 : Day 68 EAD Card Received

11/08/10 : Day 82 PR Card Received Validity 10/25/10-10/25/12 :-)

You know what, reading your story is like reading my own (I'm from UP as well). Although my husband (then fiance) is pinoy, my family had a hard time approving my marriage to him because for them, it felt like I was throwing away my good life (we're also middle-income family) back in PI for the American Dream. It was insulting but I know it hurt their pride that I won't be the independent, career-oriented daughter they wanted me to be. But eventually, they let me make my own decision and I know, despite their disapproval, they're just glad that I'm happy here. Someday, I might just be successful career-wise and let them know I haven't forgotten the future they want me to have. :)

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

You're gonna start with your journey to forever soon with him. Congratulations and best wishes. Love conquers all!

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Congratulations..and best wishes...! :star:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.