ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I had interview on June 24, 09 at Islamabad embassy. We completed all that painfull process of sending alot of documents and then medical and everything and at the interview they gave me a green letter that says your case is under administrative processing and wait from six weeks to infinity. I was so pissed off but well nothing can be done about this. Anyway lets update each other who ever is going through this hard time and post our progress so we can atleast get some idea about average processing time for AP

Well, they said we are in Final Review. What does this mean?

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Timeline
Yes sweethearts, I will definetly pray for you and hopefully your husband is off from AP.......keep us update!!!

Good Luck!!

No luck getting in to DOS line today. It kept me on hold 15 minutes. I have to try in the afternoon tomorrow. I have a question. My lawyer says that the embassy has been trying to contact us for more documents. Is it true that a lawyer can be given this information by phone about our case? Because I emailed the embassy last month and they never wrote me back. My husband did and they never mentioned anything about it in the reply they sent to him. Also, why do they reply to him but NOT me? I am really confused here and sad. :-( Thanks for the prayers.

~Farah~

I had my interview on July 14th and got AP.Should i start calling DOS now or just wait? Any suggestions?

Just got this email from embassy: Dear Sir/Madam,

Please wait and applicant will receive passport(s)/visa packet(s) soon

via courier.

OMG! Is this good?

Oh and I called the DOS every week after the interview! Always called on Wednesdays!

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I had my interview on July 14th and got AP.Should i start calling DOS now or just wait? Any suggestions?

You can certainly call but be prepare to hear "Sir, you just had ur interview last month.it is pending Admin. processing"

I think they r no help at all.Operators have told me that they can no longer get actual status and it just shows them pending and thats the most they can give out .

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Yes sweethearts, I will definetly pray for you and hopefully your husband is off from AP.......keep us update!!!

Good Luck!!

No luck getting in to DOS line today. It kept me on hold 15 minutes. I have to try in the afternoon tomorrow. I have a question. My lawyer says that the embassy has been trying to contact us for more documents. Is it true that a lawyer can be given this information by phone about our case? Because I emailed the embassy last month and they never wrote me back. My husband did and they never mentioned anything about it in the reply they sent to him. Also, why do they reply to him but NOT me? I am really confused here and sad. :-( Thanks for the prayers.

~Farah~

Just got this email from embassy: Dear Sir/Madam,

Please wait and applicant will receive passport(s)/visa packet(s) soon

via courier.

OMG! Is this good?

Oh and I called the DOS every week after the interview! Always called on Wednesdays!

Sounds like a good news congrats. and u were right atk i just called DOS and they gave me the same exact answer " Too early to call and its pending".

Timeline
Truly they are of no help at all, but i think calling them is the only thing you can do for satisfaction that you are still up to date and trying to follow up!

Yes i expected they would say its pending but then i had this hope.I guess i will just hang in there and wait for that call from AMEX.God knows what they are processing and searching.I bet Admin processing can be done in few days it just not my turn yet...... life remains on hold.

Timeline

Here comes the Good news!!!!

My hubby just got a call from ISL USEM to submit his passport ASAP as his AP is in final review.I cudnt believe him and i thought he was joking . I am so GLAD n Thankful to Allah that it is finally over.

Short but yet painful 1 month n 10 days of AP.

Thanks for all the support n help i got from u Guys.....

Best of Luck to all u are stuck in AP,inshallah you will get will get out soon.just keep praying :)

ALI,did u hear any thing yet as we had the same interview dates???

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline

atk Congratulations :hugssssss:

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Timeline

If you prayed for me then thanks! The visa was printed today! Alhamdulillah!

You can certainly call but be prepare to hear "Sir, you just had ur interview last month.it is pending Admin. processing"

I think they r no help at all.Operators have told me that they can no longer get actual status and it just shows them pending and thats the most they can give out .

Congrats atk!

Timeline
If you prayed for me then thanks! The visa was printed today! Alhamdulillah!

Congrats atk!

Congratulations ATK!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

salaam,

in your footnotes it says u contacted DOS. Well i contacted # 202-663-1225 today. did u call the same # too? they told me the case is in islamabad and the case stays there untill AP is done and visa is issued. how come yours it says is in DC?

MY STORY IS PROBABLY THE SADEST STORY IN VISA JOURNEY. :bonk:

ALLAH U AKBAR

VISA IN HAND ON SATURDAY AUG 15TH 09. THANKS TO ALLAH (SWT) VERY SHORT AP. WITHIN 23 DAYS OF AP GOT VISA IN HAND. MASHA ALLAH TA'ALA.

GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU WITH YOUR AP JOURNEY AND YOUR LIFE PARTNER.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage :

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-01

I-130 Approved : 2009-02-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-05-18

Interview Date : 2009-07-22

Embassy kept my wife's passport and said its not approved but have to go through AP. min 6 weeks to infinite.. :( .

been more than 2 n Half year since first applied for her K1. than had to marry in pak in feb 08. so K1 became invalid as per ACS Islamabad. Had to start I130 process again from U.S. than my son was born in nov 2008 and Thanks to Allah ta'ala azzawajal I got his U.S. citizenship and passport through C.R.B. from Karachi consulate...

having strong evidence like my son's U.S. passport i dont know why they put my wife's visa under AP.

Oh Allah ! help me and all of us in visa's journey and have patience in meantime. Aameen.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 256 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 416 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ATK BOHAT BOHAT MUBARAK.

WAS IT REALLY SENT TO WASHINGTON DC?

MINE IS FOR MY WIFE'S CR-1 VISA. THOUGH WE HAVE OUR 9 MO. OLD SON WITH AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP OBTAINED FROM US CONSULATE KARACHI THROUGH CRB. (the stongest proof n evidences) THEY PUT MY WIFE's case UNDER AP AS WELL ON JUL 22ND GIVING NO REASON. STRANGE THINGS ARE GOING ON WITH ME FOR LONG TIME. MISSING THEM ALOT. HAVE EVERY THING BUT THEM. I M A MAN BUT OFTEN CRYING FOR MY SON N MY WIFE. PLEASE EVE ONE MAKE DUA FOR ME SINCE ME AND MY WIFE ARE APART FOR LONG LONG TIME.

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHEN HER AP SHOULD BE DONE?

ALLAH U AKBAR

VISA IN HAND ON SATURDAY AUG 15TH 09. THANKS TO ALLAH (SWT) VERY SHORT AP. WITHIN 23 DAYS OF AP GOT VISA IN HAND. MASHA ALLAH TA'ALA.

GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU WITH YOUR AP JOURNEY AND YOUR LIFE PARTNER.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage :

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-01

I-130 Approved : 2009-02-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-05-18

Interview Date : 2009-07-22

Embassy kept my wife's passport and said its not approved but have to go through AP. min 6 weeks to infinite.. :( .

been more than 2 n Half year since first applied for her K1. than had to marry in pak in feb 08. so K1 became invalid as per ACS Islamabad. Had to start I130 process again from U.S. than my son was born in nov 2008 and Thanks to Allah ta'ala azzawajal I got his U.S. citizenship and passport through C.R.B. from Karachi consulate...

having strong evidence like my son's U.S. passport i dont know why they put my wife's visa under AP.

Oh Allah ! help me and all of us in visa's journey and have patience in meantime. Aameen.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 256 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 416 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.