ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Well,, My parents got the visa in hand today, they are leaving tomorow morning InshaAllah for chicago. Everyything came in kind of on a short notice, but i was expecting it like that and telling my parents to be ready. I havnt seen them in almost 5 years, so its been a long time now. They are finally coming to their kids where they belong. Any how, i will InshaAllah pick them up tomorow, and update on how things went.

Feisal, Omar, Marm, Naz&Omi, Hopeful786 and everybody else, i am praying for you all, InshaAllah it will be over soon, But realy once more, if you guys get a chance read Surat Muzzammil, like i had said in my previous post, it works. it has worked for me on 2 different occasions, like a miracle. :)

Congratulations Zee!!! Wow.. I can't even imagine how good you must feel :) Thank you for the prayers, and I'm sure everyone is SUPER happy for you!!

Omar, we're next, I'm sure of it! haha.. I'm hangin' on your every post! It feels like it's getting so close, doesn't it?? Every day I'm expecting to hear something :) But UFFFFF, it's the weekend again, everybody!!! Bleh!

Hope everyone has a good one, I'll be praying like nonstop until this craziness is over!

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Well,, My parents got the visa in hand today, they are leaving tomorow morning InshaAllah for chicago. Everyything came in kind of on a short notice, but i was expecting it like that and telling my parents to be ready. I havnt seen them in almost 5 years, so its been a long time now. They are finally coming to their kids where they belong. Any how, i will InshaAllah pick them up tomorow, and update on how things went.

Feisal, Omar, Marm, Naz&Omi, Hopeful786 and everybody else, i am praying for you all, InshaAllah it will be over soon, But realy once more, if you guys get a chance read Surat Muzzammil, like i had said in my previous post, it works. it has worked for me on 2 different occasions, like a miracle. :)

Congratulations Zee!!! Wow.. I can't even imagine how good you must feel :) Thank you for the prayers, and I'm sure everyone is SUPER happy for you!!

Omar, we're next, I'm sure of it! haha.. I'm hangin' on your every post! It feels like it's getting so close, doesn't it?? Every day I'm expecting to hear something :) But UFFFFF, it's the weekend again, everybody!!! Bleh!

Hope everyone has a good one, I'll be praying like nonstop until this craziness is over!

Hey naz&omi sup! yes IA we are next but guess what ? every time i get an encouraging news either from dos or the embassy i get really excited but very next call to them burst my bubble.I just called ISL and guy told me its pending,I reminded him how long it has been since the interview he put me on hold came back after a min and said case is still in AP he also said that he sent an e-mail to ( i dont know where) maybe to visa unit as a reminder and said call back in 3 weeks............life goes on have a nice weekend.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

On a side note, don't you hate when you take an exam and then you count down the hours for the next class' meeting so you can get your results back only to find you are not getting it back!... I took an exam on Tuesday and I studied pretty hard for that and I want to know how I did!

I just hope no one cheated in that class... for some reason on the test day, all those people who used to sit in the front row ended up sitting in the back row :unsure: ... and I'm saying to myself if they cheat that just throws off the curve!

I'm taking a graduate level math class and the curving for these classes are, if the highest grade was a 70, that 70 becomes an A... but if someone cheats and gets a 90, well that 70 goes back in its natural ranking as a B- or c+

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Btw, by any chance do any of you know a post that has members whom had their interviews and were given the 221g for additional documents? If so, can you pleaseeee link it to me :)

ticker.png

Btw, by any chance do any of you know a post that has members whom had their interviews and were given the 221g for additional documents? If so, can you pleaseeee link it to me :)

There isn't an exact thread I found regarding this as AP types are all over each sub-forum on this website. The best way to find out the information you are looking for is to do a timeline search and then go through the list and see if anyone listed a 221G for pending documents.

My fiance was initially approved pending his passport because he couldn't bring it with him on the day of his interview and I remember at that time I did extensive research on people with pending additional documents so if you have any questions I will do my best to help out with the answers. Also, there is a approved pending additional docs thread in the UK regional forum, but don't know whether that will be of help to you.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

There isn't an exact thread I found regarding this as AP types are all over each sub-forum on this website. The best way to find out the information you are looking for is to do a timeline search and then go through the list and see if anyone listed a 221G for pending documents.

My fiance was initially approved pending his passport because he couldn't bring it with him on the day of his interview and I remember at that time I did extensive research on people with pending additional documents so if you have any questions I will do my best to help out with the answers. Also, there is a approved pending additional docs thread in the UK regional forum, but don't know whether that will be of help to you.

Hey marm i remember u talking about receiving a call from the embassy right after your fiance's interview.What was it about? If u dont mind me asking.

Hopeful786 i know what u mean maybe test results r under AP ....kidding :) what maths r u taking? dont worry u will get an A ...good luck

Hey marm i remember u talking about receiving a call from the embassy right after your fiance's interview.What was it about? If u dont mind me asking.

Hopeful786 i know what u mean maybe test results r under AP ....kidding :) what maths r u taking? dont worry u will get an A ...good luck

We don't mind at all :no:

This timeline will give you an idea of when I got the call and for what reason:

May 12, 2009- Fiance interviewed at the US Embassy in London (CO told him approved pending passport, because he was unable to bring his passport with him on the day of interview)

June 12, 2009- Embassy now has passport in their system (My Fiance sent it on June 11, 2009)

July 27, 2009- I (the USC petitioner) got a call from the US Embassy in London. It was a CO and she asked me literally the exact same questions she asked my fiance on the day of his interview. It was a phone investigation, basically interviewing me separately from my fiance to determine his "eligibility of the visa" as she put it, but I think it was just to bother us and give us added stress, because there was no reason to doubt anything to begin with. I think the phone investigation has mainly to do with the fact that my fiance is a Pakistani citizen in the UK, in other words, dare I say "discrimination". Especially since the recent "crackdowns" by the UK Home Office on Pakistani citizens in the UK and toughening up the student visa application system. Anyway, that is why I got the call, it was a phone investigation. At the end of the call, she told me she was going to forward the file to the main CO for final review, but they took 2 months after that to make a decision!

Timeline

We don't mind at all :no:

This timeline will give you an idea of when I got the call and for what reason:

May 12, 2009- Fiance interviewed at the US Embassy in London (CO told him approved pending passport, because he was unable to bring his passport with him on the day of interview)

June 12, 2009- Embassy now has passport in their system (My Fiance sent it on June 11, 2009)

July 27, 2009- I (the USC petitioner) got a call from the US Embassy in London. It was a CO and she asked me literally the exact same questions she asked my fiance on the day of his interview. It was a phone investigation, basically interviewing me separately from my fiance to determine his "eligibility of the visa" as she put it, but I think it was just to bother us and give us added stress, because there was no reason to doubt anything to begin with. I think the phone investigation has mainly to do with the fact that my fiance is a Pakistani citizen in the UK, in other words, dare I say "discrimination". Especially since the recent "crackdowns" by the UK Home Office on Pakistani citizens in the UK and toughening up the student visa application system. Anyway, that is why I got the call, it was a phone investigation. At the end of the call, she told me she was going to forward the file to the main CO for final review, but they took 2 months after that to make a decision!

I just checked your timeline its very organized and detailed which is helpful for other members.Reason i asked about the phone call is maybe my fiancee would get a call as well cuz i cant think of any other reason for this delay.Maybe they wanna call and interview her? i cant think of anything which can cause the delay(3 months) .......its a k-1 for god sake :) we have a long way to go.

I just checked your timeline its very organized and detailed which is helpful for other members.Reason i asked about the phone call is maybe my fiancee would get a call as well cuz i cant think of any other reason for this delay.Maybe they wanna call and interview her? i cant think of anything which can cause the delay(3 months) .......its a k-1 for god sake :) we have a long way to go.

Exactly, we K-1 people have a long way to go. If I had known of a chance that my fiance would be put on AR to do investigation on the eligibility of his K-1 visa, we would have gotten married and filed the CR-1. It would not have eliminated the routine AP process for Pakistani citizens, but at least we wouldn't have been stuck in AR for so long while they were investigating his case. At the time of your interview, did the CO clearly tell you that you were approved but being put in AP? InshaAllah your wait will be over very soon, we are praying for everyone here as well as ourselves :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
I have a feeling some1 is getting an approval in the next 15 days :)

:) haha. I have a feeling that I like your feelings!!!!! inshALLAH!!

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Timeline

Exactly, we K-1 people have a long way to go. If I had known of a chance that my fiance would be put on AR to do investigation on the eligibility of his K-1 visa, we would have gotten married and filed the CR-1. It would not have eliminated the routine AP process for Pakistani citizens, but at least we wouldn't have been stuck in AR for so long while they were investigating his case. At the time of your interview, did the CO clearly tell you that you were approved but being put in AP? InshaAllah your wait will be over very soon, we are praying for everyone here as well as ourselves :yes:

Yes marm CO said congratulations u r approved he never used the word AP.He said we need to do some office work and you will get ur passport soon, he wrote 1-3 months on the green letter and said dont worry it wont take that long.(yea rite) ..... anyhow what can one do but to wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.