atouloute

Denial of K1

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I know you knowledgeable folks will be able to help me answer this question. My fiance has a c1B visa and a B2 visa; we applied for the K1 visa we wanted to know would he be denied because of the C1b visa also known as a crewmen visa or the B2?

Thank you for your answers

Hello everyone

I know you knowledgeable folks will be able to help me answer this question. My fiance has a c1B visa and a B2 visa; we applied for the K1 visa we wanted to know would he be denied because of the C1b visa also known as a crewmen visa or the B2?

The only thing I can see that might be an issues is that it will raise RED FLAGS in the immigration. Crewman visa is limited within the port per location, also when crewman have what we call a Leisure pass- to go downtown or visit stores to buy some souvenirs, they have to be back in certain times. As far as being denied thats for the immigration to do their invistagations, ie... did he ever extend his visit if he stopped in other countries or did he make the reporting time? There are more factors to these than just denying it... goodluck!

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello everyone

No. These should have no affect on the K-1 petition

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Moving to the K1 forum -- since PRs cannot apply for a K1, this really doesn't belong in the Bringing Family Members of PRs forum.

Maybe I misunderstood? I presumed the OP is a US citizen? Yes, no? Elm is correct in that only a US citizen can apply for a K-1. It was my presumption the beneficiary has the existing visa, yes?

Gary And Alla

Moving to the K1 forum -- since PRs cannot apply for a K1, this really doesn't belong in the Bringing Family Members of PRs forum.

Maybe I misunderstood? I presumed the OP is a US citizen? Yes, no? Elm is correct in that only a US citizen can apply for a K-1. It was my presumption the beneficiary has the existing visa, yes?

Good point Gary -- he is a USC, but this was in the "Bringing Family Members of PRs" forum, so I gave it a little nudge in the right direction. ;)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Would they deny or give my fiancee a hard time if she's has applied for tourist visa and denied twice before?

Wife's Adjustment of Status,EAD and AP:

09/05/09: POE- New York City

10/23/09: Marriage

02/19/10: Mailed AOS,EAD and AP via FedEx to Chicago Lockbox

02/23/10: FedEx online tracking confirmed delivery of AOS,EAD and AP at Chicago Lockbox

03/02/10: Check cashed

03/05/10: Received NOA1 for I495, AP and EAD (says it was done 3/2/2010)

03/12/10: Received NOA2 Biometrics letter. Appointment date: 03/22/10 (letter notice date: 03/08/10)

03/17/10: Received email/text message stating that CASE SENT TO CSC ON 03/16/10

03/26/10: Received notice AP has been approved and a notification has been mailed to me.

03/31/10: Received notice for EAD production

04/02/10: Received AP

04/05/10: Received EAD card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not usually. It depends specifically on the reasons that she/he was denied the tourist visa. If it was because of insufficient funds or because they didn't believe that the visa was only for tourism and rather for immigration then you wont have a problem at all! Just make sure you answer HONESTLY on all of the forms. -Have you ever been denied a visa to the US? (yes).

If he/she was denied because of some other reason (past convictions or something) then that could be a problem, but again it depends. We need more information.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

Good point Gary -- he is a USC, but this was in the "Bringing Family Members of PRs" forum, so I gave it a little nudge in the right direction. ;)

Nudge? More like a swift kick in the a$$!!!!!!!! :lol:

Would they deny or give my fiancee a hard time if she's has applied for tourist visa and denied twice before?

Normally no. Unless she was denied for a reason which would also disqualify her for the K-1...criminal behavior, prior overstays, etc. If it is for the norma reasons (not sufficient ties to home country), then, no.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone

Several of my friends and family members had both visa and had no issues when they applied for the K-1; the prior visas were canceled at the embassy though the day of the interview for the K-1.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

HEY GUYS, THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE. WELL THE FIRST DENIAL WAS BECAUSE SHE JUST DIDNT MEET THE TIES TO THE COUNTRY AND THE SECOND ONE WAS BECAUSE SHE DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH OUT OF THE COUNTRY VISAS...BASICALLY THE ON THE SECOND ONE THE CONSUL TOLD HER THAT IF SHE HAD TRAVELED TO OTHER COUNTRIES THEN HE WOULD'VE GIVEN HER THE VISA. ONLY THING IS THAT SHE NEVER SAID SHE WAS COMING HERE TO VISIT ME, WOULD THAT BE AN ISSUE AS WELL? :unsure:

Edited by NEED4SPEED

Wife's Adjustment of Status,EAD and AP:

09/05/09: POE- New York City

10/23/09: Marriage

02/19/10: Mailed AOS,EAD and AP via FedEx to Chicago Lockbox

02/23/10: FedEx online tracking confirmed delivery of AOS,EAD and AP at Chicago Lockbox

03/02/10: Check cashed

03/05/10: Received NOA1 for I495, AP and EAD (says it was done 3/2/2010)

03/12/10: Received NOA2 Biometrics letter. Appointment date: 03/22/10 (letter notice date: 03/08/10)

03/17/10: Received email/text message stating that CASE SENT TO CSC ON 03/16/10

03/26/10: Received notice AP has been approved and a notification has been mailed to me.

03/31/10: Received notice for EAD production

04/02/10: Received AP

04/05/10: Received EAD card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
HEY GUYS, THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE. WELL THE FIRST DENIAL WAS BECAUSE SHE JUST DIDNT MEET THE TIES TO THE COUNTRY AND THE SECOND ONE WAS BECAUSE SHE DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH OUT OF THE COUNTRY VISAS...BASICALLY THE ON THE SECOND ONE THE CONSUL TOLD HER THAT IF SHE HAD TRAVELED TO OTHER COUNTRIES THEN HE WOULD'VE GIVEN HER THE VISA. ONLY THING IS THAT SHE NEVER SAID SHE WAS COMING HERE TO VISIT ME, WOULD THAT BE AN ISSUE AS WELL? :unsure:

No. It wouldn't have made any difference if she says she is coming to visit you or not (usually...but the choice is always up to the officer and they all have different opinions I guess). But if she could show sufficient ties to Peru and had enough money to support herself in the US then it probably wouldn't have mattered if she said she was coming to visit you or not. Most likely if they were going to give her the visa, they would do it regardless. Showing sufficient ties to Peru would be the most important thing here really.

I've never heard of a visa being denied because someone hadn't traveled to enough other countries...weird.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

NO!

As stated above, unless the reason was a disqualifier for the K-1 it makes no difference whatsoever. Neither of the reasons you mention are disqualifiers.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.