Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good Morning all, hope everyone is doing well! I arrived in Canada yesterday, had a long wait at the border (almost an hour) there must have been alot of vacationers returning home. My Mum had a lovely visit in Philly and now I'm here for a week or so, going to the CNE next week super excited about that :) It's a tradition we've had every year, going to the CNE!!

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi, off to Zellers and Price Chopper to stock up on HFCS free dried goods to bring home LOL! Can't wait to get my hands on REAL salad dressing

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
As for the A/C, my wife also said that most houses, apartments and townhouses in Canada don't have air conditioning. She's originally from Alberta, so I don't know how well that transfers to other provinces. I do know that it's hard to find homes in BC that have A/C. We bought a portable stand-alone air conditioner.

Honestly, I think lacking A/C is very backward. Why should Canadians have to fry in their homes during the summer? That said, I did grow up in Houston, TX and if you don't have A/C there, you stand a good chance of literally dying in the summer.

It depends where you live in Canada. If you don't have A/C in Ontario you're toast. No pun intended. LOL. Their summers get just as hot and humid as Florida and Texas and the rest of the Southern States. I would say most people in Ontario have some sort of air conditioning system installed. Since it's roughly 40% of the population of Canada (with BC ~13% and AB ~11%), I would say that the statement that "most" homes in Canada don't have A/C is a bit of a stretch. BC really doesn't get the extremes that you have experienced, so there's really no need for anyone to have A/C. Same with the Eastern Provinces. I would venture to say that Quebec (~24% of the population) also has a large number of homes with A/C. Anywho..... yeah. I don't think many Canadians are frying in their homes. LOL

Good Morning all, hope everyone is doing well! I arrived in Canada yesterday, had a long wait at the border (almost an hour) there must have been alot of vacationers returning home. My Mum had a lovely visit in Philly and now I'm here for a week or so, going to the CNE next week super excited about that :) It's a tradition we've had every year, going to the CNE!!

OMG, I always get sad when the CNE opens. :lol: I think it's because it always marked the countdown before school started, which meant the end of my freedom.

Good morning everyone. :) I have a busy day of laundry and cleaning in store. In fact, I've already got one load washed and dried and folded and now I'm on my second load. My cold has finally eased up and I can now get caught up on all my domestic chores. boooooo. lol

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline
We left our laptop cord in Brandon, it arrived via purolator today yay! They are expensive!

Yay!

I left my pillow at the hotel in Atlanta. :( (I had brought it with me for the car but my husband mistakenly thought I wanted it in the room so he brought it inside and I left it there. :angry: ) Luckily, his niece went and picked it up the next day (after I called the hotel and let them know I knew they had it) and he went and picked it up last night (as he is there on business). I will be happy when it is home where it belongs. My husband told his business associate that it was like Linus to the blanket to me. :blush:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a similar experience, when I was younger, about 12, I had this Ferby. And those were all the rage back then. And when I was vacationing in Florida with my family, I left it there...then we got a call to our room from the lobby saying they'd found a ferby that looked similar to the one I was dragging around. My mom instantly told them it wasn't mine. She just told me the truth a few months ago for kicks. Apparently, it was too annoying to have to listen to, so when we lost it, she took that chance to dispose of it. :lol:

Just goes to show, the great will be searched for and taken back, and the annoying, dreadful ferbys will forever remain discarded in the Lost and Found.

Wow. O.o I rambled there LMAO

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

I do not like furbies, I had one, I threw it away.

I have a stuffed animal - his name is snuffles.

Anyhoo, I used to take him on trips with me, until I left him in a hotel in like Bellingham once. I realized I had left him there and called right away, gave them my address, they said they would send him.

Well ummm, no, he didn't show up!

Eventually after MANY calls they mailed him back to me, all dirty - they had a child there and I believe the child wanted to keep snuffles!

38949.jpg

Timeline
Yeah, all it used to do is snore and sleep. I remember it fondly...

Kind of like a marriage preparation tool, n'est pas?

Kind of, my husband goes snore...and sleep a lot. >>

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

work annoys me. it keeps me off of vj.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
work annoys me. it keeps me off of vj.

Here here charles! I'm off on vacation for 5 days and can finally indulge. State of Hawaii is so poor that the unemployment office can't afford internet access, so I'm VJless 9 hours a day. For shame. :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.