Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
an onion with a cold? :blink:

Oh gawd. It took me at least one minute to figure that one out. Neurons still not connecting. :wacko:

Thank you! Hmm, yes, your husband could have brought it - ah well. How long is he in Atlanta for? I'm really glad you had a good time - and hope you get over your cold soon:D.

hehehe, you have a lot of reading ahead of you - I know most of what went in your inbox! I stopped copying you on stuff during the first few days and only started again just before your return. Enjoy the drama - and did you see my new personal title? It fits!

Zookeeper. LOL

He's in Atlanta till Thursday. I'm just happy to be alone in my misery. :( Inbox is still "FULL" (and it's yelling at me. :blink: ) :lol:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So we still haven't received a refund of our security deposit for the house we rented in Florida, which seems a bit odd.

I gave the house owner my Sister's address as I thought it would be easier for her - not having to buy a special stamp etc, plus my Sister will mail it to our U.S. bank for us.

Anyway, it's been 2.5 weeks since we left and she was at the house when my Husband left and went on and on about how great it looked - I also talked to her on the phone after that as she had left a message wanting the phone number for the guy who mowed the lawn - and again she couldn't have been nicer, said do not hesitate to use me as a reference and how wonderful we are etc etc.

So I am confused and I hate to call her - hi, where is our $1000? :lol:

It arrived today!

Trailmix...loved the pics :) The 'cow crossing' was funny!

So, I thought I had discovered my newest favourite 'cheat' snack... Doritos 'Taco's at Midnight' flavour...absolutely to die for!!!! You can actually taste the lettuce! lol....until my hubby started reading the ingredients on the back of the bag...and we see 'MSG'...#######!!!! how is that possible! I thought they didn't even make food with that ingredient anymore?

So of course after reading that...we both started to feel 'symptomatic' lol!....so much for that! Back to the drawing board on new 'Scooby' snacks in the US....lol...

We usually eat pretty healthy....not big meat eaters etc...I was over at my SIL's the other day, and while making snacks for the kids, she busts out Fluff...and made my son a peanut butter and Fluff sandwhich...she just as well had made him a 'crack' sandwhich....the kid is HOOKED! ok, marshmellow goo in a jar?! problem is, mu son is addicted to anything peanut butter...I have such a hard time making his school lunches because anything peanut is banned from schools....so for now, I caved and bought him a jar of Fluff....problem is that I have to hide it from my husband lol...he is totally organic...he does not eat any meat, except for chicken (organic of course) and totally eats fish...no dairy or anything rasied with steroids etc...he eats very clean and rarely eats junk (maybe once a month)...now that him and my son are under one roof...i'm having a hard time cooking meals....I figure i'd might as well try to get my son used to healthier options...but i'm having a hard time....I try to get him on the Rice Milk and he just looks at it like 'I know this is not milk mommy) lol...poor thing...first the culture shock of moving and now all his comfort foods lol...

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Fluff is absolutely fabulous mixed with cream cheese and used as a fruit dip! :luv:

And ditto about the MSG in everything. I am allergic to it and I was quite shocked how often you find it in the ingredients list. I have become OBSESSED about reading ingredients lists since I had a severe reaction to some hotdogs one day. :cry:

iagree.gif

Fluff is absolutely fabulous mixed with cream cheese and used as a fruit dip! :luv:

And ditto about the MSG in everything. I am allergic to it and I was quite shocked how often you find it in the ingredients list. I have become OBSESSED about reading ingredients lists since I had a severe reaction to some hotdogs one day. :cry:

Yeah, I got turned off from hotdogs years ago, when I read a study about it causing brain damage to children, when ingested in high doses :(

I have always read labels and nutritional tables etc...but since meeting my husband, i've become obsessed...he's done plenty of research, as one of the books he's written was based on dietary findings etc...don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer that everything in life is ok in moderation, but there are somethings better left out... as for now, the Fluff stays in the pantry :)

I've become obsessed with Trader Joe's...i've priced it out, and overall, most prices are not that different...I really just try to stay away from foods that contain too much steroid or pesticide use...I mean, environmentally these days, we are already exposed to so much...i'm sure i'm not going to drastically change things, but every little bit helps...

We were out to dinner Saturday night at a very nice Steakhouse, and as great as it looked and smelled, I just could not bring myself to actually eat it :( I ended up having a salad and crab...I know, i'm a wuss...it's my husbands fault...he's destroyed my relationship with food! lol!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

I definitely believe in the links between certain chemicals in processed foods and the interaction/reaction by the people who consume them. What affects one person may not necessarily affect another. My son was a perfect example of foods and drugs (sudafed) affecting his behaviour. He actually became a basketcase when given medication which indicated drowsiness as a side effect; and drowsy when taking non-drowsy type medications. His paediatrican told me that happens with some kids.... the side effects being the complete opposite of what was indicated. Same with certain foods. I guess that was his type of "allergic" reaction..... altering the behaviour. Once I got that figured out it was a breeze.

iagree.gif

Good morning! Welcome back Krikit! I'm glad you had a fabulous time on vacation. Sorry however about the cold.

The Cardinals are on the west coast this week, which means that the games don't start until about 9 pm local time. Our bedtime! :lol: So, no MLB for us until the weekend. Gene suggested a local minor ball game tonight after a dinner out. If it doesn't rain that will be a fun diversion!

Here's something different for coffee this morning. :lol:

MorningCoffeeontheLimpopo.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

morning all.. just a drive by post.. Welcome back Krikit!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all. carla, you could always watch the royals lose :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.