Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
so I just got a friend request from my SIL on Facebook.. :unsure:

now, I like her just fine and she has always been nice to me etc but she likes to gossip a bit too much and I am worried that she would tell people things that I post.... not that I post anything outrageous but there are somethings I don't want everyone to in the whole wide world to know...

I removed my MIL for the exact same reason. :D

Don't feel bad just say no!

Yeah! I said no to my nosy a$$ landlord!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

but if I don't accept she will tell people that ..lol and she will ask me about it next time she sees me... :P

I tried to see if there was a way to block specific people from seeing different parts of your profile but I can only seem to find general settings :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning! What a terrific night we had last night. Fantastic weather, wonderful seats for the game, great game, and such beautiful friends to watch it with! Life is good. We won the game. :lol: Got some news yesterday that has me worried about renewing my DL. I thought I would go next week and do it, and it seems I may have to get down there today at opening in hopes it will get to me by it's expiry date next Friday! UGH!! I'm not going to get too ramped up...yet....but man oh man...if there is any delays in getting my license, I'm going to be screwed! :( Will let you know later this morning.

Enjoy your day!

1824864441_3d8d799d53.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone. i see carla has the coffee ready again :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hope all goes well with your license renewal Carla! That is lovely coffee this morning!

Good morning all!

We actually went and changed the address on our licenses yesterday. So we saunter up to the counter and present our licenses.

Mike's license had the corner cut off in Florida, when he got his FL license. She looked at it and said - what happened to this - Mike told her - she said "if you get pulled over and give them this license you will get a big fine".

I said "that is why we are here". I just knewwww that they would say something about it (like we had any say in the matter) - yes please chop the corner off my AB license so the registry clerk can lecture us. I was obviously not in the mood.

So I said, yes, that is why we are here (I believe the look on my face was - so shuddup now :lol: )

I then said, that is just the way they do it there.

Now whyyy, if he did get pulled over, would he give them his AB license anyway?? He also had to have his picture taken, because now, if you wear glasses, you have to take them off for the picture.

Apparently I look the same as I did 2 years ago because she said I didn't have to redo mine.

Hope all goes well with your license renewal Carla! That is lovely coffee this morning!

Good morning all!

We actually went and changed the address on our licenses yesterday. So we saunter up to the counter and present our licenses.

Mike's license had the corner cut off in Florida, when he got his FL license. She looked at it and said - what happened to this - Mike told her - she said "if you get pulled over and give them this license you will get a big fine".

I said "that is why we are here". I just knewwww that they would say something about it (like we had any say in the matter) - yes please chop the corner off my AB license so the registry clerk can lecture us. I was obviously not in the mood.

So I said, yes, that is why we are here (I believe the look on my face was - so shuddup now :lol: )

I then said, that is just the way they do it there.

Now whyyy, if he did get pulled over, would he give them his AB license anyway?? He also had to have his picture taken, because now, if you wear glasses, you have to take them off for the picture.

Apparently I look the same as I did 2 years ago because she said I didn't have to redo mine.

:lol: License offices are soooooooooo........... geesh! As if he'd be giving an AB officer his OLD license. :blink: And I truly doubt he would get a fine anyway even if he DID!! Tickets are discretionary.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes on MY license renewal...it did NOT go well at all. I had quite a heated arguement with the lady at the license office. She insists that she, and she said the dreaded "they" will not accept the NOA1 of the I-751 Receipt Notice, clearly saying that this letter serves as a one year extension of my conditional resident status...NO...she says, they now have to have a "sticker" on my GC. I said, I was just down for my biometrics two weeks ago, and mentioned that I had to renew my DL and they did not tell me I needed, nor did they give me a "sticker". She basically said..."tough"! :wacko: She said, no sticker, no renewal. So, I argued and folded my papers up noisily, and left. Came home, and made an innfo pass appoinment for 11:00 a.m. this morning, to go get my "sticker". I have a strange feeling they're going to tell me to tell her...blahblahblah...

This is not going well. The lady at the license office also said she KNOWS they do this, as she's had three people in that had to go to the office to get this done, like me, and they got the "sticker". I asked for her name, business card etc. so that I could have an IO call her if she needed clarification and she refused. I was livid. I left. Wish me luck at 11:00 a.m. The saga continues....

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
:lol: License offices are soooooooooo........... geesh! As if he'd be giving an AB officer his OLD license. :blink: And I truly doubt he would get a fine anyway even if he DID!! Tickets are discretionary.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes on MY license renewal...it did NOT go well at all. I had quite a heated arguement with the lady at the license office. She insists that she, and she said the dreaded "they" will not accept the NOA1 of the I-751 Receipt Notice, clearly saying that this letter serves as a one year extension of my conditional resident status...NO...she says, they now have to have a "sticker" on my GC. I said, I was just down for my biometrics two weeks ago, and mentioned that I had to renew my DL and they did not tell me I needed, nor did they give me a "sticker". She basically said..."tough"! :wacko: She said, no sticker, no renewal. So, I argued and folded my papers up noisily, and left. Came home, and made an innfo pass appoinment for 11:00 a.m. this morning, to go get my "sticker". I have a strange feeling they're going to tell me to tell her...blahblahblah...

This is not going well. The lady at the license office also said she KNOWS they do this, as she's had three people in that had to go to the office to get this done, like me, and they got the "sticker". I asked for her name, business card etc. so that I could have an IO call her if she needed clarification and she refused. I was livid. I left. Wish me luck at 11:00 a.m. The saga continues....

Oh blah!

Yes, I can see him/her telling you to go back to the DMV and tell them blah blah blah as well.

Well hopefully, maybe, the IO will give you his/her contact info or something to take back to the licensing office, good luck!

Good morning everyone! It's Friday! I'm off to the DMV again this morning. Check out the Vent thread about my latest visit to USCIS for an infopass appointment. :( If I don't get my license today, I guess I'll be making an appointment with my State Representative.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

810050448_669a195cb0.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canada. good luck with the dmv carla.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Good morning everyone! It's Friday! I'm off to the DMV again this morning. Check out the Vent thread about my latest visit to USCIS for an infopass appointment. :( If I don't get my license today, I guess I'll be making an appointment with my State Representative.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Good morning! Thanks for the coffee Carla - please come back and tell us how it goes today, good luck!!

Timeline

weird on how each state DMV operates!! i walked in with my 1 yr extension letter in VA and was tooeasy, no questions asked, just that my drivers license expired on the date of the extension!!

Cool day in calgary I see, +9c right now at 0900, not much better in Stoon, only 11c!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
weird on how each state DMV operates!! i walked in with my 1 yr extension letter in VA and was tooeasy, no questions asked, just that my drivers license expired on the date of the extension!!

Cool day in calgary I see, +9c right now at 0900, not much better in Stoon, only 11c!

Yes it's coooold :lol: - we only had a high of like 13 yesterday and it rained - supposed to rain today too.

I am sitting here right by the wide open patio door though :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.