Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks you guys and thanks for all the nice comments while we were travelling, I didn't post much as I didn't have the energy or brain power - but all of your nice comments cheered me up :)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome back to Canada, Trailmix, Meowmix, and hubby!! I think once the final little details of your move is done, you should go on a holiday!! :lol: no, no, I'm just kidding...go sleep for a couple weeks.. :star:

Glad to know you didn't encounter any major problems. Or at least I don't think you did.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline
Welcome back to Canada, Trailmix, Meowmix, and hubby!! I think once the final little details of your move is done, you should go on a holiday!! :lol: no, no, I'm just kidding...go sleep for a couple weeks.. :star:

Glad to know you didn't encounter any major problems. Or at least I don't think you did.

No we didn't actually, the trip went really well, truck ran beautifully and we had mostly overcast weather which was nice!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like it was MUCH better than your original trip down to Florida! You probably used up all of the bad karma then so had only good karma left for coming back :).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Wow Tmixy, I mean I know that its a long drive from FL to AB but that map pic really hit it home for me. Glad to hear you're all home safely, Meowmixy included! :star:

Timeline

I am not at lollapalooza and that breaks my heart. It's my first year missing it. Boo! All my friends in Chicago decided to drunk dial me at 12:30 this morning to say hi. :lol:

I miss them all so much.

In other news, my husband and I had the "moving" talk last night and we're going to stick it out here for one more school year for Ethan and then gtfo of Jersey. :D

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Thanks!

Good morning everyone! We are staying at the Blackfoot Inn - you know, I have never stayed here and from the outside it doesn't look that impressive, but I have to say the rooms and beds here are very very nice.

Well it will be a busy day today - I hope, in that I hope our Upack truck arrives today. According to the tracking:

'YOUR SHIPMENT WAS DISPATCHED FROM BUTTE, MT TO CALGARY, AB CANADA (WITH AN ETA OF 08/07 AT 11:00) LOADED TO CALGARY, AB CANADA.

So their office opens at 8, need to call and confirm the truck is indeed over the border now, then Mike can go to U.S. customs and clear it - then I need to organize the truck drop off and the movers.

Since it is an apartment building we can't just leave that 26 foot truck in the parking lot overnight, I am hoping the driver isn't busy today and can wait for them to unload it - should only take like 1/2 an hour, we used 9 feet of space in the truck.

In the meantime, fluffy and I will be sitting at the empty apartment waiting for Shaw Cable to show up, some time between 8 and 12, so I guess I better get going and get stuff packed to get over there.

pc0s_canada_tim_hortons.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

hmpfff, trailmix went right by here and didn't drop off any timbits for me.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

She was going the wrong direction, Charles - she didn't have any yet to drop off.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
She was going the wrong direction, Charles - she didn't have any yet to drop off.

hmppff. i take promissory notes.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I'm going to a Habitat for Humanity build tomorrow morning. I haven't done one since I left Ontario a few years ago so I'm really excited. I've missed Habitat.

~ Catherine

Timeline

That's cool, Catherine.

Charles, didn't you read what she said - she is never doing that drive back to Florida again so a promissory note would not have worked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.