Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I sat on a jury for father/daughter incest. The guy got off on a technicality and smirked at us as we filed out.

Oh god! Thats so wrong... They were both into it?! It wasn't a sexual assault case?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
I sat on a jury for father/daughter incest. The guy got off on a technicality and smirked at us as we filed out.

Oh god! Thats so wrong... They were both into it?! It wasn't a sexual assault case?

No, she was the victim.

Oh! I read "the guy" as they for some reason. Man thats so sick! :angry:

No, she was the victim.

Oh! I read "the guy" as they for some reason. Man thats so sick! :angry:

I would have wanted to smack that smirk off his face!! :angry: I am really getting sick of hearing about cases that get dismissed due to a simple technicaility, even though the accused is guilty as sh&*. :angry:

Due to the all the kitty talk in a another thread, just thought I'd share.... My co worker raises lynxs, wild cats! He currently has a baby lynx that he is raising that is 6 weeks old and almost the size of a regular full grown domestic cat! He has one other cat, who is a male that is a full grown adult lynx. Anyways, he has been bringing the cat to work and keeping it in the basement, with directors approval as it is just like any other baby it needs to be fed every 3-4 hours. (He is a bachelor, no one else to take care of it during the night). Good thing he clips her nails as she was having a grand time pawing and biting at people this morning who were handling her. I was not one of them though, afterall it is a wild animal! The cat is very cute, don't get me wrong but I will only handle domestic cats, even though I am pretty allergic to them!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

That is really cool Minnew - I love big cats! I always wanted a cougar when I was young. I'm glad your friend is able to bring the kitten to work. I did the same when I bottle raised 3 10 day old orphans that were also on the every 2 hour feeding schedule. They travelled with me to work every day until they were old enough to go the 4 hours to lunch time without needing to be fed.

On a totally different topic - we harvested everything that was any size from the garden on Sunday (or so we thought) and so I didn't bother to check yesterday. Tonight I went out expecting that some of the zucchinis would be a reasonable size now. Well, we missed one on Sunday and it is now really humungous! It is 16" long and has a circumference of 13". This one zucchini could probably feed a family of 4 for a week!

and on another totally different topic - I just used up the last the Tim Horton's coffee that my brother sent to me for Christmas :crying::(

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Nev I'm surprised you were originally denied for Cap 1! They sent me the CC, I didn't even apply (not sure how they found my name) and I even told them I have no income and I'm a "homemaker" they still approved me! It was wierd.

Yea I don't know.

I never had a credit card in Canada though. Never had the need for one, yes I understand why you should have one, but I just didn't have one.

So even if they looked back on a credit history I wouldn't have anything to show.

I am thinking thats the main reason they denied me. Plus I had about 5 denials for other cards I had applied for this past year and I know that shows up.

I don't want a card... but I guess if you want to live the "american nightmare" you just have to conform. :P

Congrats on getting your first credit card!!

Just an FYI denials don't show up on your credit report it will just show as an inquiry by the company. When asked about them most people say "Oh, I wasn't aware that the interest rate would be so high after the introductory period or terms".

MONI_CALLA

Timeline

anyone know if it would be a problem when we head back to Canada if the kids bring their XBox, back and forth acros border

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
and on another totally different topic - I just used up the last the Tim Horton's coffee that my brother sent to me for Christmas :crying::(

major crisis! :blink: scramble the canadian air force!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
anyone know if it would be a problem when we head back to Canada if the kids bring their XBox, back and forth acros border

Doubt it! It's the kids after all, and it's not like you have a box full in the trunk it's just one :)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

major crisis! :blink: scramble the canadian air force!

Good idea, Charles! I'll have them bring me some more, hehehe!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
http://groupon.thepoint.com/ Great deals can be found there! Just got 50% off of admission price to the crime and punishment museum in downtown DC!! Lot of good deals on restaurants, entertainment, amusement parks, etc etc, usually a new deal each day! the idea is that they have to sell so many tickets to the offered event. If they do, the deal is a go!! if they do NOT, deal is cancelled, and of course they dont charge ur credit card!! Not every city is included! Used it last week to get a great deal at a family fun park----2 rounds of mini-golf, 2 buckets of drivign range golf balls and 6 bating cage tokens for $18!! 50% off! They email u the tickets the next day to print off. Tickets do have a limited time to use them, like a few months, so plenty of time! I dot bother to pass it on to friends,lol If its a good enough deal, enough people will sign up! For the crime and punishment 1, 60 had taken the deal and that was enough to make it a go!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Good morning all, sunshine and warm here in Florida!

I spoke with the hotel again yesterday, once my phone stopped acting up (I think it was the internet connection) and the person I spoke to was very nice!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

So I just opened the lid of the BBQ - to remind me to clean it today, and there is a lizard in there <_<

He must have gotten in there yesterday, when I opened the lid to remind myself to clean it haha. Anyway he is fine - but geez.

We are actually trying to sell it - $50 for the bbq, a propane tank that is probably half full and a brand new propane tank we have never used - but no one seems to want it. Think I will ask the guy that does our lawn, when he comes to mow it Saturday, if he would like it.

Timeline

craiglist.com which Im sure u have tried, give kijiji.com a try as well

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
craiglist.com which Im sure u have tried, give kijiji.com a try as well

It's on both - not one email! But as you mentioned earlier this week, when it gets to having to put them on for free - that will be a go :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.