5,125 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
OK this is kinda wierd, but... sometimes I have trouble understanding people when they speak here. And they are speaking English.

I constantly have trouble understanding people here. I hate speaking on the phone with anyone because that just compounds the problem. :( At least when my husband is with me he can translate.

getting kind of excited .. we are planning on going to San Diego for a few days in about a month.. I

Awwww, that's awesome, Marilyn. Have a wonderful time!

Good morning everyone! It's so nice to have the internet! :lol: Marilyn, your vacation sounds lovely. Trailmix... :crying: .

I have an internet friend I met 10 years ago, and then Gene and I met her again in 2006 while we were travelling in Western Canada. Well, her and her husband are travelling our way for several weeks and we're managing to meet up Thursday evening for supper. I'm so excited!

Yay! Carla's internetz iz back. :dance:

That's so much fun that you're getting visitors, Carla!

Well, I am somewhat better today. After I logged out of here yesterday morning I was not well. :( But I was feeling better last night. This morning I'm a bit iffy. bleh. I hate being sick.

iagree.gif

we plan on going to Sea World, The Zoo, a couple of museums, take a tour of an aircraft carrier etc.. should be fun :dance:

Hey everyone! I'm back!! :) Arrived home yesterday and got through the US side likidy split.. just had to pop the trunk for the nice guard who didn't believe me that I only brought back "chocolate".. :wacko: whatev.. Had a good time at home but missed hubby like crazy.. not going to do that again.. and I honestly feel like CT is home now, couldn't WAIT to get back here.. :unsure: that made me happy and incredibly sad at the same time..

Marilyn!!.. you will be visiting the Midway? it's one of the ships my hubby served on in Navy days!! :)

I'm so happy you had a great time on vacation Em! Glad you have a different perspective on coming "home" as well. It's always good to miss your husband like crazy as well. :lol:

Thanks for the coffee Carla and good morning everyone!

You can add us to your list of people you can visit when you travel in Western Canada!

Indeed we will. :luv:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sure did Trailmix!! Coffee Crisps and Smarties for all this am!! :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline
Hey everyone! I'm back!! :) Arrived home yesterday and got through the US side likidy split.. just had to pop the trunk for the nice guard who didn't believe me that I only brought back "chocolate".. :wacko: whatev.. Had a good time at home but missed hubby like crazy.. not going to do that again.. and I honestly feel like CT is home now, couldn't WAIT to get back here.. :unsure: that made me happy and incredibly sad at the same time..

I hate when I miss posts!!!!!

Welcome back, E! I've been thinking about you, and we were definitely missing your posts. :luv:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

bleh, i gotta go to a computer class.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So the moving back to Canada thing is quite different than the moving to the U.S. thing.

First of all, with taking your stuff in to the country with Upack - going to the U.S., as you all know, you clear the stuff at the border. Going to Calgary you actually have to go to U.S. customs by the airport and have it cleared.

For the car, you have to pay the RIV people (contractors for Transport Canada) to import your vehicle. You have to notify the U.S. transport people at least 72 hours in advance that you are exporting the vehicle.

I would prefer to actually import our car once we are settled in Calgary and may just do that instead.

Oh and instead of using a relocube we are going to use door to door trailer delivery - although we are not taking our washer and dryer back with us, we are taking a sofa and we just think it won't all fit. This of course requires that we have room for a 28 foot trailer, plus 14 foot ramp here and at the apartment building in Calgary.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Wait.. what did I miss? are you moving again Trailmix? :unsure:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Yes, heading back for Calgary at the end of July :)

What? How did I miss these posts?! Happy move for your TMixy. :)

Timeline

Yes, heading back for Calgary at the end of July :)

What? How did I miss these posts?! Happy move for your TMixy. :)

Thanks!

I have no idea why I put 'for' Calgary - we aren't really moving 'for' Calgary - in fact I believe Calgary as a whole does not care :lol:

Timeline

Just think Tmix, next year you'll be at the Calgary Stampede WOOHOO!! :energy:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
we plan on going to Sea World, The Zoo, a couple of museums, take a tour of an aircraft carrier etc.. should be fun :dance:

Marilyn!!.. you will be visiting the Midway? it's one of the ships my hubby served on in Navy days!! :)

yeah that's the one...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.