Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Animoo, I watch that.

YEAH I'M 22 AND WATCH IT.

Go me.

I have a friend who is in his mid 20's and watches all that stuff. He got me to watch a few of them because I was constantly making fun of it. That is 4 hours of my life that I will never get back. Now, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies and Robot Chicken..... there is some animation I can get into :thumbs:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was bored and went exploring in the drawers of the old computer desk in my fiance's room. Turns out it was full of my sister in law's stuff.

I found a huge box of crayons, some nice water colour pencil crayons and two packs of cigarettes from Taiwan. My fiance wants to smoke them out of curiosity, even though they expired almost 5 years ago :lol: I also found like 30 of those little containers of the lead for mechanical pencils, score.

I told him he can smoke the cigarettes, just not around me. He's not a smoker at all, but it's just a curiosity thing. I don't think I could watch him smoke them since he's not a smoker. Is that weird?

I've always wanted to try smoking just once, to see what it's like, but I'm scared of getting addicted.

I also found a picture of him from high school graduation, haha.

Edited by Rhiannercakes

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I've always wanted to try smoking just once, to see what it's like, but I'm scared of getting addicted.

Start with cigars. :thumbs:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I was bored and went exploring in the drawers of the old computer desk in my fiance's room. Turns out it was full of my sister in law's stuff.

I found a huge box of crayons, some nice water colour pencil crayons and two packs of cigarettes from Taiwan. My fiance wants to smoke them out of curiosity, even though they expired almost 5 years ago :lol: I also found like 30 of those little containers of the lead for mechanical pencils, score.

I told him he can smoke the cigarettes, just not around me. He's not a smoker at all, but it's just a curiosity thing. I don't think I could watch him smoke them since he's not a smoker. Is that weird?

not weird.. my hubby is a smoker and I can't stand to see him smoke.... luckily he never smokes around me... but the odd time I see him smoke, it just feels weird..

he does say he is quitting this year but he says that all the time :rolleyes:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Mmm, nice warm coffee to wake up to. Thanks Carla!

It's chilly here, far too chilly for Florida in my opinion, so I happily snuggled up in bed while hubby-to-be raced off to work in the cold. :innocent: His cat keeps staring at me, making me feel guilty... Haha.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: Timeline
My fiance wants to smoke them out of curiosity, even though they expired almost 5 years ago :lol: I also found like 30 of those little containers of the lead for mechanical pencils, score.

Make sure he has a bucket close by for when he throws up. Or at least a glass of water for when he starts choking. :hehe:

I stumbled upon the cutest pic... He's like "I'm cool" ..lol

0703_huy_nguyen_f8studio.jpg

http://www.ispwp.com/contests/ispwp-weddin...ds-will-be-kids

Aww, bless. :luv: He looks like he was screaming his head off while they were dressing him, though. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One cigarette won't usually make you addicted, in fact your first is always the most disgusting one. Still though, don't try it, it's just gross. You will wonder how people can do it 10+ times a day.

I remember I threw up when I first tried smoking. I started smoking in highschool and stopped about 2 years ago. Though if I am out with friends and having some drinks and there's a smoker in the crowd I will go out with them and smoke. I could easily pick it up again and that scares me a tad. My mom smokes and is trying to quit now, every January she attempts it. It grosses me out when I visit her because even though she tries to limit her smoking to one room with fans and stuff, her entire place still reeks of cigarettes.

Last week she told me she did all of Ethan's laundry, didn't matter still had to wash it again when I got home because his suitcase smelled like an ashtray.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning! Enjoy your day!

hot.jpg

yummy. i'm fearing the coffee will freeze tonight and tomorrow though.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Don't Smoke! Don't even think about it.

Reason: My mom is now on a lung transplant list, from having asthma and smoking for 35 years which ultimately turned into COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) which means, for the past 8 or so years, any time she caught a cold she ended up in the hospital with pnuemonia, ended up on oxygen, and now on the list.

You know how hard it is to breathe when you have a chest cold? Imagine it 3 or 4 times worse, and that's how she is every day (less than 20% lung function).

So...I know I sound like an afterschool special. But please, if you want to live, don't smoke.

BTW, my mom is going to be 56 tomorrow, and she's one of the youngest on the list with her condition :(

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Timeline

Reason: My mom is now on a lung transplant list, from having asthma and smoking for 35 years which ultimately turned into COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) which means, for the past 8 or so years, any time she caught a cold she ended up in the hospital with pnuemonia, ended up on oxygen, and now on the list.

You know how hard it is to breathe when you have a chest cold? Imagine it 3 or 4 times worse, and that's how she is every day (less than 20% lung function).

So...I know I sound like an afterschool special. But please, if you want to live, don't smoke.

BTW, my mom is going to be 56 tomorrow, and she's one of the youngest on the list with her condition :(

:(

(F)

iagree.gif

Never heard of cigarettes expiring.... :blink: But I never let mine do that anyways when I smoked.

Just one word... Don't!! Just like the others said. What an incredibly expensive habit! And sometimes, harder to quit than heroine. Trust me, you enjoy everything more if you don't smoke. Taste; smell; have more energy...wow...the list goes on!!

Personally, I'd take a picture for humour, but throw them out.

Sorry to hear this...:(

yummy. i'm fearing the coffee will freeze tonight and tomorrow though.

I agree....Stay warm everyone!!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Your computer does MP3's. :P Just listen to them with Windows Media Player.

Hey Thanks!! :thumbs: I'll try that later....

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.