Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Malrothien-Lol...If given the choice...I actually would have chosen the natural childbirth...(which I did attempt to do....many hours of labour and all!)

I tried that...but at the last minute it didn't work.....The baby was way too big for my small body.....So I ended up with the c-section. :crying:

C-sections are harder to recover from....Pain, scars, stiches, and all....

I would choose natural childbirth, anyday!...Sigh....

I don't know which I'd rather have - puke on the operating table or poop while giving natural birth. hmm.

Ravenesque-Actually, you do have many choices when it comes to childbirth and pregnancy and baby care :).

Ask your doctor/healthcare provider about these too.

Personally, if I were you, I would go with childbirth with an epidurial...it's a lot easier that way......;)

PM me if you ever want to talk more about pregnancy/baby/childbirth related stuff too (lol..I don't think other vjers want to know more here...).....

LOL, we have a choice?

Kathryn41-:lol: Lol...Funny story about your friend..Thanks for sharing! Lol...yeah, I guess she would feel resentment towards her husband eating while going through labour and she couldn't eat. Hope her husband didn't mind being puked on, because of that. Lol.."just blame it on the meds for my insensitivity" she can always say. Lol..I would be moody too, if I couldn't eat for so long! Glad that there were no lasting ramifications for that...And in the end, after all that...it resulted in the baby..:) Oh what stories she can tell her baby/child afterwards, indeed!

On that note, when I went into labour, I told my husband that he could eat (and even packed a few snacks in the hospital bag), even though I could not, because of the meds. Needless to say, he was way too nervous to eat, and I was more concerned about him not eating than me not eating...lol...So yeah, I got mad at him for not eating...lol....

By the way, Kathryn, what does "VBG" mean? (I notice that you type that in your posts...but I don't know what that means..Is that a good thing?)...

I always remember a good friend of mine years ago telling me about the birth of her son. It was a long labour and her husband was by her side coaching and breathing and encouraging her and all that other 'stuff' (VBG) through the many long hours. She said he was beginning to get on her nerves with all of his positive comments when it was hurting like crazy and started to tell him to 'shut up'. Well, the following morning after her admission he went to the cafeteria for breakfast and brought it back with him to her room. My friend was feeling angry, frustrated, in pain and felt annoyed at her husband for eating in front of her when she couldn't eat anything. She said it felt really satisfying in a perverse sort of way when she ended up throwing up all over him while he sat there eating in front of her. No lasting ramifications of the incident, of course, but she reminds him of it every now and again when she thinks he is being 'insensitive'. :lol:

Everyone-Lol...Hmm...Now that I think about it...I don't know what's worse for me... :blush:

1) Throwing up during childbirth....Or.....2) Nursing in front of an immigration officer after my N-400 interview...

Oh well..I got the baby and citizenship..so be it.....though embarassing, indeed, nevertheless! What do you think?.....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy New Year everyone...

sorry i was MIA last night.. was oout at a party..

did a puzzle today.. other than that.. not much else.. need to go to bed now..

All the best for everyone for 2010! :star:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Em, Happy New Year!

Ok, so, unbelievably, this email conversation that started the other day - continued, I didn't respond after that last message below, so later he writes:

Hi r u still interested in the condo

Me: no

Ok thax

Then hours later

So wat should I improve for next time

Me: When people ask you for an address or photos, you should send those. Also saying please and thank you is helpful too. I found your messages to be very bossy and I don't take orders from people.

Good luck

Sorry bout that my computer wasn't working and it's a relitibes place so I didn't have the address sorry for the inconvieneance

Ok so we are looking for a place to rent now, so I posted an ad on kijiji, have had a few replies, all very nice etc etc - except this one guy - here are his emails:

"I have a place but you must be willing to move in Jan.15"

umm ok, so I write back and say, well that's not a problem, but why Jan 15th, is it a sublet - and ask for details.

"Hi It is a bridgeland condo 2 min from downtown also only 5 min to station and 1 min to busses it's 2 bed 1 bath need 1100 rent and u only pay electricity we pay water heat ect and we also pay tenant insurance also has parking stall and tons of street parking"

So, I write back, great, what street and avenue is it on...do you have any pictures (I specifically stated in the ad I wanted an address and pictures)

"Pictures don't give the property justice why don't you come by to see it Text me at"

Ok, i'm done with the conversation at this point, so I don't reply - but I get another email

"Do u have a phone number I can contact u at"

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Ant asked: By the way, Kathryn, what does "VBG" mean? (I notice that you type that in your posts...but I don't know what that means..Is that a good thing?)...

hehehe VBG is from before Emoticons - it means 'Very Big Grin". It's a good thing - not laughing out loud but bigger than a mere smile.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Good morning, VJ! It's been awhile since I last posted, given that I was up at the cottage with my wife for this last week without any internet connection (something I'm grateful for, believe me!). We had a lovely time, watched a TON of movies (none of them overly wowed us though...), and simply enjoyed each other's company. We rang in the New Year by playing Yahtzee. :lol: Certainly pales in comparison to LAST year's New Year, where I proposed right at midnight. Then again, I don't think any New Year will live up to that...

We're driving down to Seattle later today, spending the night in the Hilton by Sea-Tac airport, then she leaves early tomorrow morning. Which makes me sad. But some folks have it worse than us, that's for sure. I'm just grateful for our time together. If we don't get an interview date assigned in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to book a flight down there for four or five days.

Anyhow, I won't have a chance to catch up on all the VJ goings on until tomorrow afternoon, but just wanted to check in with y'all and wish you a Happy New Year!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Good morning, VJ! It's been awhile since I last posted, given that I was up at the cottage with my wife for this last week without any internet connection (something I'm grateful for, believe me!). We had a lovely time, watched a TON of movies (none of them overly wowed us though...), and simply enjoyed each other's company. We rang in the New Year by playing Yahtzee. :lol: Certainly pales in comparison to LAST year's New Year, where I proposed right at midnight. Then again, I don't think any New Year will live up to that...

We're driving down to Seattle later today, spending the night in the Hilton by Sea-Tac airport, then she leaves early tomorrow morning. Which makes me sad. But some folks have it worse than us, that's for sure. I'm just grateful for our time together. If we don't get an interview date assigned in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to book a flight down there for four or five days.

Anyhow, I won't have a chance to catch up on all the VJ goings on until tomorrow afternoon, but just wanted to check in with y'all and wish you a Happy New Year!

Glad to hear you had a good New Years' and enjoyed your time together. Hoping to hear about an interview for you folks soon. :)

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

That sounds like a wonderful holiday, Wyatt. I'm glad it all worked out for the two of you, and hope you get your interview date very soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we had fun in Vegas.. the room we had at the Mandalay was awesome.. the bed was super comfy and the bathroom was great.. I had a bubble bath every night ..lol

we didn't win any money and we didn't even break even but we had fun gambling a bit...

next time we go we will probably stay closer to Fremont street.. I like the atmosphere better there...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Thanks folks. And yes, I'm online here again. All I have to say is: women take a LONG time to get ready. :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
Thanks folks. And yes, I'm online here again. All I have to say is: women take a LONG time to get ready. :P

Awe sounds like you guys had a great time together to reconnect quietly. :star:

Just got an email from my brother, he found Max this morning. He was sitting on the back step of the house waiting to be let in. Poor fat Max. :thumbs:

Timeline

LMAO. I ain't denying that--my hair from washing to styling takes 1-2 hours. Hubby is surprisingly accommodating whereas some of my girlfriends whom I traveled with in the past were not.

Welcome back from your holidays! (And you too, Marilyn!)

Ravenesque-Actually, you do have many choices when it comes to childbirth and pregnancy and baby care :).

Ask your doctor/healthcare provider about these too.

Personally, if I were you, I would go with childbirth with an epidurial...it's a lot easier that way......;)

PM me if you ever want to talk more about pregnancy/baby/childbirth related stuff too (lol..I don't think other vjers want to know more here...).....

I'm leaning toward home water birth but hubby wants me to do childbirth with epidurial. He's more comfortable with me at the hospital.

Just got an email from my brother, he found Max this morning. He was sitting on the back step of the house waiting to be let in. Poor fat Max. :thumbs:

Yay for Max!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

I'm surprised people do child births at home! yes I know many people do, and most of child births go off without a problem, BUT if something does go wrong, time is a very important factor, and i sure would want to be at a hospital, not a waddling pool,lol But thats just me,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Oh Flames RN (cool name now!!!), I hear you on your concerns, and although I do not have children, I would have done that at home with a doula (or someone).

Hospitals are "sick" places, not conducive to the natural and loving experience that it truly is.

Hey, that's my opinion.

:star:

Yippee!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Hi Em, Happy New Year!

Ok, so, unbelievably, this email conversation that started the other day - continued, I didn't respond after that last message below, so later he writes:

Hi r u still interested in the condo

Me: no

Ok thax

Then hours later

So wat should I improve for next time

Me: When people ask you for an address or photos, you should send those. Also saying please and thank you is helpful too. I found your messages to be very bossy and I don't take orders from people.

Good luck

Sorry bout that my computer wasn't working and it's a relitibes place so I didn't have the address sorry for the inconvieneance

Wow, what a strange interaction.

:unsure:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.